• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I feel weird, in that the grass type is actually my least favorite. I don't hate it, but it just...isn't doing much for me, really.

Pokabu was the one I fell for instantly...which is odd, since I don't tend to go for the fire starters too much. It's a cute pig, that's all I know. Mijumaru I was kind of "eh" about until I realized that it's supposed to be a sea otter - and while I do think that it could have benefited from being slightly simpler in design, I love it purely for it being an otter.

Still like Pokabu over it, though.

For once, I'm actually really wanting to see how these things evolve.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Tsutaja is my favorite. it looks like the biggest diva out of the three, and we all know who the biggest diva on PC is... we belong together haha.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Mijumaru for me. I find him adorable and I always start with the water starter anyways. Pokabu is my second favorite and Tsutaja still looks a little weird to me. It's just the shape of its body. It looks kind of sassy, sort of like Treecko, but uhh yeah Tsutaja's appearance just is....D:

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
The cute glob of bacon! <3 I called that it would be a fire pig starter when I saw the sillohuete, With Tsutaja and Mijumaru tied for second~

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Grass lizard/snake one is easily the best of the bunch. I don't go for cute almost ever, and the concepts seem very lacking to me.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
Shamelessly stolen from Serebii forums :P Credit goes to Sheimi-Shaymin of serebii.

For the confused minds, this is a fan art and an awesome one at that. As you can see, the grass starter already grew on me.
28512142793354893415506.jpg

Besides a couple exceptions I usually find fan art to be either entertaining or just plain bad. This how ever (along with a dolphin Lanturn evo) is the mother of all exceptions. I mean I would kill for this to be a real pokemon!!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Shamelessly stolen from Serebii forums :P Credit goes to Sheimi-Shaymin of serebii.

For the confused minds, this is a fan art and an awesome one at that. As you can see, the grass starter already grew on me.

if Tsutaja's evos did look like this, then that would make it what a grass/dragon type more than likely? It is said to a grass snake, what snakes appear as dragons? Any?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Pokabu is by far the cutest starter ever created...and if he evolves into something appropriately cool enough (nothing short of a large razorback with a flaming body and oversized tusks) he will be the first fire-type that I have chosen since Cyndaquil. :D

Otherwise, I will default to my traditional affinity to the grass-type starter, and Tsutaaja looks as if it can evolve into something that will make Venusaur, Sceptile, and Torterra proud to be its predecessors. (Meganium omitted because it's not cool like the rest of them. XD)

Mijumaru...it's not bad, it's just that I'm not a big fan of water-types that don't have "Tenta" or "Quag" in their name...

...how the hell do people think he looks like Piplup though? I see a tiny bear, not a tiny penguin. =/

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
Its just something about the water starter, i'm just...in love with it! Idk what it is. I have never had a preference for my starter type, and I have had at least 1 starter of each type, specifically I have had 2 grass, 1 fire and 1 water. Now its gonna be 2 water.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
if Tsutaja's evos did look like this, then that would make it what a grass/dragon type more than likely? It is said to a grass snake, what snakes appear as dragons? Any?

Chinese dragon? Its does have hands and feet, in contrast to a snake.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
im definetely picking Mijumaru, always picked the water starter, always will...btw r those their english names?

Of course they're not. They'll eventually get translated names like Mosnake, Flamoink, and Beotter. :P

Years
I love all the fifth gen starters. They're absolutely adorable! I especially love the Sea Otter one. It's much cuter than Piplup. Gasp! I must have that otter pokemon! <33

The Fire Pig is cute.
The Grass one rocks and reminds me a bit of Flygon.
but the water one, gasp! It's a cutie! (I love the blue! and the shell is pretty.)

I think the water one may be my new favorite Pokemon. C:

Massai

Lesson The First
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2011
I was a little displeased with the starters at first glance and I'm still not a big fan of sad panda Wotter, but I expect all of them to have fantastic final evolutions, and Wotter will probably be one of the best.

I'm torn between which I will choose, whether it will be Smugizard or Pignition.

Toxicroak

Mustard
Years
Tsutaaja is so unique, the other 2 look like they were bassed off Sinnoh starters.

i reccon Tsutaaja's final evo will look so freaking cool.

the water one would look like a giant icecream and the fire one would look something like grumpig

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years

Omfg, what can I say?
This is WHAT I have in mind!
This is just, awesome! -Drools-

And to answer this thread, yes, Tsutaja all the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back