• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Metagross

Better than blue.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2010
    Doesn't look like a secondary steel type is in this gen. So it looks like Mijumaru for me as its apparent final stage looks epically tougher than the other two. I mean c'mon! That snake has no arms and that pig is fat. Mijumaru will run circles around them both!

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    After finally falling for this starters evo line; Mijumaru all the way (:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    I must say, Mijumaru's 1st stage evo is actually really impressive. Originally I didn't like Mijumaru, but it has grown on me, and the evolution is cool.

I'm still stuck between Tsutaja and Pokabu for my starter though.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    One word, O-T-T-E-R. I fell in love with it the first day, despite the constant backlash from other people about it being "ugly", I found it appealing. I have a feeling this will be my one of my all-time favorite starters, up there with Empoleon.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    I always - ALWAYS - use the fire-type starter, including Infernape even though I don't like him. I'm beginning to get a bit sick of Fire/Fighting though. I always buy both games, play through the first with all three starters and play through the second with random wild Pokemon. I'm beginning to think I'll prefer my second playthrough.

Marks out of 10 for all the starters' evos proven so far:

Tsutaja: doesn't do much for me. 5/10
    Pokabu: I adore him. Best fire-type starter since Cyndaquil. Massive potential for an awesome final evo. 9/10
    Mijumaru: heh. Cute and retarded. Big potential. Like. 7/10

Tsutaja's first evo: better than Tsutaja. Quite like. 7/10
    Pokabu's first evo: ARGH. WHY. I genuinely dislike this thing. 2/10
    Mijumaru's first evo: Awesome. Now my favourite starter. 8/10

lol i'll do it too :D

Tsutaja: awesome. best starter. Like a lot. 9/10
    Pokabu: love him. cool starter. Like. 7/10
    Mijumaru: quite like. cute. 6/10

janobii: cool. I like him. 8/10.
    futachimaru: 2nd best second stage starter. 7/10
    chaobuu: fat. I dislike it. (is it a pokemon?) 4/10

also, I made some better pictures of the starters 2nd stages:
    Spoiler:

Years
    lol i'll do it too :D

Tsutaja: awesome. best starter. Like a lot. 9/10
    Pokabu: love him. cool starter. Like. 7/10
    Mijumaru: quite like. cute. 6/10

janobii: cool. I like him. 8/10.
    futachimaru: 2nd best second stage starter. 7/10
    chaobuu: fat. I dislike it. (is it a pokemon?) 4/10

also, I made some better pictures of the starters 2nd stages:
    Spoiler:

Me tuu, me tuu!

Tsutaja: A bit too overrated. Still very cute. 7/10

Pokabu: My favorite~ LOVE pigs. 10/10

Mijumaru: Also very adorable, and it's an otter. <3 9/10
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Janobii: Looks pretty much like a larger Tsutaja... perfect. :P 8/10

Chaobuu:...TERRIBLE. Completely destroyed it. 0/10

Futachimaru: Wonderful, except for the colors. :s 7/10
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Tsutaja's Final: What the hell happened to its arms and legs? Looks a bit TOO elegant and Milotic-like, as well. 2/10

Pokabu's Final: Just the most pitiful excuse for a pig Pokemon. There goes my hopes for a fire boar... 0/10

Mijumaru's Final: Doesn't even look like an otter anymore. And wasn't it supposed to be a samurai? 0/10
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well... those are just my thoughts. =/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Mentioning the 25 character limit won't help anything. Add in more words, it's not hard. :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    Easily the grass starter, which is odd, because in every game so far my favourites have been Fire and Water types, I used to hate all the grass types because they all seemed so bad to me (apart from bulby <3). So, yeah, the grass pokemon I think will have a great evolution chain, it just looks so cool.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I really really like the designs of the Grass type Tsutaja and Mijumaru the Water type! I'm thinking that if I buy Black and White, those will be my starters. Really not keen on Pokabu at all.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
    Weird one. Having fully analysed the starters and their evos I'd probably go for the water one. However there are pros and cons to each.

- As others have mentioned I'm not exactly thrilled by the fact it's another fire/fighting (has that been confirmed?) , which is a shame as I really like it's final evo. Looks very menacing and scary which I like and very similar to Magmorter and Rhyphorior which are two of my favourite pokemon. Perhaps if it turns out it's a fire/rock combo then I could be tempted.

- I don't like the final evo of the grass one even though I like it's previous forms. I don't like snakes and it's seems to close to to Miljaotic (sp)

- Whilst the water starter looks the worst (small, weak and timid), it has by the best final evo which is why I went for it. Looks powerful and original.

pokewalker

Years
    :\wait... Mijumaru could still be /Fighting cuz at pokemon pia they said that his last stage uses it's big shell as a sword... :\

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    yeah but it isn't logical if they have 2 pures and one /fighting. (this is according to what the rumors says)
    Well I think it's the reverse of Hoenn's starters they all start out pure and two of them turn into duel types, though in Isshu it's they all start out pure but 2 stay uni typed...
    They did this with Sinnoh all duel typed to rival Johto's all pure...

pokewalker

Years

Well I think it's the reverse of Hoenn's starters they all start out pure and two of them turn into duel types, though in Isshu it's they all start out pure but 2 stay uni typed...
    They did this with Sinnoh all duel typed to rival Johto's all pure...

? I thaught Hoen's were all 2 typed? Sceptile: g/p, Blaziken: f/f, Swampert: w/g?

Well Blastoise uses cannons and wasn't given the steel type in gen 2 like Magnemite was...so it can still be pure water though Water/Fighting is my hope :)

BTW, Blastoise was a starter. It was difficult to change the types.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back