• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sun or The Moon?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • I won't decide now. I want to see which are the version exclusives to which version, and then decide my choice.

poop face

currently playing crystal ♡
    Years
  • Moon.

Moon kind of sounds like it might specialize in Dark Pokemon types and I adore Dark Pokemon

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Gwah; no poll? For shame.. XD

Ugh; I can't decide! Honestly, I'm not sure at the moment; I've shifted to a third-version preference (although I still have my favorites out of paired Pokemon games), but Generation 5 and potentially Pokemon Sun and Moon are kind of messing with that.. I honestly don't know which one I'm going to pick.. usually I go by version-mascot legendary Pokemon, or how thematic elements fit with a game (like how Pokemon Black's urban settings fit a New York-based area than the nature-based settings of Pokemon White, or how "diamond" fits the gemstones of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald better than "pearl"; or how "I LIEK PHOENIXES" and how Ho-Oh seems to be more intrinsically tied with Johto than Lugia..)..

I would think that I would gravitate towards Pokemon Sun because FIRE!, but Pokemon Moon just looks and sounds so pretty! It reminds me of how I chose Pokemon Sapphire over Pokemon Ruby despite preferring the element of fire (and how Pokemon OmegaRuby's boxart (metaphorically) blows Pokemon AlphaSapphire's boxart out of the water); Kyogre just seemed so serene.. Time will tell, but I will probably wait on seeing the version mascots first.. XD

Years
  • In the long run, it will probably decide on what the version exclusives & villainous team(s) are, but if I were to get one, I would get Pokemon Sun over the Moon version, it would suit me better. Depends on how they do the typing, if Moon version is heavy on say, Dark types, I'd get that one over Sun and it's presumable Fire/Fairy-type connection.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Logically with my love for fire Pokemon I should probably choose Pokemon Sun but I definitely feel more drawn to pick Pokemon Moon. I seriously love the moon and it reminds me of silver/shiny things that I like.

I'm sure I'll buy both, but Moon will likely be my main game.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • It will be Moon for me. 1) I've always loved astronomy. 2) This is my teams' MVP:
    197F.gif

JolteonUsedOutrage

National Pokedex Completed!
    Years
  • Hmm, I think I would go with moon. I cant wait for the moment when the evil org momentarily succeeds and we get a 3d view of the world bathed in darkness! Plus I like darker themed pokemon better.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2017
    Both the instant the Direct finished i drove down to the local game store and camped out front with my family and waited for the store to open and we all preordered the one we wanted and i preordered both

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My bf and I will get one and the other. I want Moon because things like Mount Moon were always amazing to me... the thought of Clefairy in a special garden at night was really cool, and the possibilities for Moon are exciting. However, if Moon is stuck in night forever I don't know how much I'd want it. THOUGH, if they are opposite, and that in Moon you have to bring back the Moon, and if the world is in an eternal day... I might be for it?

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • I will probably go for Pokemon Moon. I more of a mystic type of person :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2016
    Pokemon Moon!
    I don't really care about legendaries, so legendary exclusives wont bother me. + you can get any Pokemon you wont via trade.

Years
  • If Lunatone and its counterpart end up being version exclusive for these games then I imagine a lot of jazz artists will get Pokemon sun for that Soul(rock) brother.

As for me I think I'd probably get sun, unless I think of a reason to get moon.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • For me, it'll depend entirely on the legendary for the game. Version exclusives don't matter much unless I really want them on my team (then, I could just trade! I have a complete National Dex, though I don't want to access it until after I beat the main story). Now if there's something completely different about the two versions, like a location or the villainous team, that may sway my decision.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Whilst I normally get the 'Blue' version I can see myself going for 'Sun' Here particularly if the Sun Stone Pokémon are tied into said game in some way. My favourite Pokémon is Lilligant which evolves from Petilil via Sun Stone.

Back