• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the thread that makes France look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    If we throw Ludi to BL, anyone won't stop Kabutops/Qwilfish/Floatzel from sweeping :O.

Not to nitpick because I agree with your overall point but Ludicolo doesn't really stop any of those Pokemon full out. Sure it resists Water-type attacks 4x but its outsped by all 3 of them and pretty much massacred by Stone Edge / Poison Jab / Return from all three of them.

Ludicolo is more useful for countering slower Swift Swim users like Gorebyss and Omastar.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    FaWa said:
    Damp Rock isn't really that broken. It's things like Ludicolo that make it broken. Ludicolo is a monster under rain, yet allowed in UU. DR just adds another 3 turns to the madness, so I think we're missing the point here. Damp Rock isn't broken, it's the Rain Dance mechanics in UU as a whole. You may as well throw Ludicolo in BL to lower the ownage.

Damp Rock IS broken.
    This is how a Rain Dance team works with a Damp Rock.

Code:
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Elecrode used Rain Dance! (1 turn of rain passed)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Switches out or goes boom! (2 turns of rain passed)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ludicolo comes in, sets up Swords Dance. (3 turns of rain passed)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ludicolo uses all his attacks until the rain stops. (8 turns of rain passed)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]As you can see, Ludicolo switch in, set up, and sweep (most of a team) before the rain even stops.[/FONT][/SIZE]

This is a rain dance team without Damp Rock.

Code:
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Electrode used Rain Dance! (1 Turn of rain passed)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Boom or Switches (2 turns of rain passed)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ludicolo used Swords Dance (3 turns of rain passed)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Gets in 2 attacks before the rain stops (5 turns of rain has passed)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]As this shows, Ludicolo is much less threatening of a sweeper in Rain with only 5 turns to set up and attack.[/FONT][/SIZE]

If we were to just go ahead and ban Ludicolo because "he's too fast and strong in the rain" what happens after that? Are we going to ban, say, Floatzel if he becomes too threatening? Why not everything that has the swift swim ability? Its not practical. The Damp Rock is what makes this playstyle so dangerous. It has the ability to sweep with little to no effort (for proof, I got a CRE of 1300 in like an hour with my Rain Dance, team which is bad, it has a Rock Polish Relicanth). Its much similar to Abomasnow the reasons he was banned.

There is no reason for banning a pokemon if its broken under one circumstance. Just, ban said circumstance.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Coming from Rain Dance user:

Damp Rock isn't really that broken. It's things like Ludicolo that make it broken. Ludicolo is a monster under rain, yet allowed in UU. DR just adds another 3 turns to the madness, so I think we're missing the point here. Damp Rock isn't broken, it's the Rain Dance mechanics in UU as a whole. You may as well throw Ludicolo in BL to lower the ownage.

>_>

Yeah one Pokemon banned isnt going to stop it shredding everything and its not just Ludicolo.

Kabutops, Qwilfish, Omastar and Gorebyss also own everything. They beat their supposed counter for example, gorebyss 2hko's Milotic in the rain with specs Hydro Pump. I.e nothing can beat that apart from water absorbers.

There is no single pokemon or even multiple pokemon that stop rain dance because its just too powerful. I've seen competent players get owned by it and they even had junk like Quagsire and Toxicroak :/

Tl;Dr 5 turns is alot easier to handle than 8 so Damp Rock is to blame.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Anyone know a moveset for pikachu colored pichu?

Wrong thread, you're looking for this one.

Lol UU raindance teams...You hardly have to try and you can make a halfway decent team by setting up rain with damp rock and then throwing in a bunch of swift swim sweepers =/

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    I got a record of 34-12 with a rain dance team in which I just threw in Azelf, Rotom-W and four random swift swimmers. Damp Rock surely is broken tbh :\

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey guys i found a 100% Moltres counter.

the thread that makes France look good
    @Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    252 HP / 252 S.Def / 6 Def
    Trait : Thick Fat
    - Rest
    - Body Slam
    - Sleep Talk or Curse
    - Any of Whirlwind, Fire Punch, Crunch or EQ.

Moltres Modest LO Air Slash Vs Munchlax : - 28.5% - 33.8%
    Moltres Modest LO Fire Blast Vs Munchlax : - 23% - 27.4%
    Modest Moltres LO HP Grass Vs Munchlax : - 17.9% - 21.3%

I win.

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    awwwww the server is down. YOU KNOW I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THE SERVER!!!

Is it being updated or something or is it just down?

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    Well I can't get on >.< it won't let me connect to the server. It also shows that no one is on the server.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Well I can't get on >.< it won't let me connect to the server. It also shows that no one is on the server.

Just keep pressing connect. I have the same problem too. Does it say "Cannot connect to games.manse.us" or "Connection timed out"?

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    Just keep pressing connect. I have the same problem too. Does it say "Cannot connect to games.manse.us" or "Connection timed out"?

It says "cannot connect to games.manse.us" I have tried a few times and it still won't let me in. I can get into other servers like smogon just fine. This is odd.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    By the way guys my laptop died so I won't be on for some time. This laptop runs Linux so it can't run programs like Shoddy. So have fun without me o/

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    It says "cannot connect to games.manse.us" I have tried a few times and it still won't let me in. I can get into other servers like smogon just fine. This is odd.

I have the same problem every time, just spam "connect" and you will eventually get in.

By the way guys my laptop died so I won't be on for some time. This laptop runs Linux so it can't run programs like Shoddy. So have fun without me o/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'll miss you.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    k so

I have a Gold Symbol in the Battle Palace ;DDD. Wow Blissey isn't such a fat tub of lard after all lol

MAN IM GREAT

(back to the Battle Arena and Quick Claw Sheer Cold Walrein...)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back