• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ugliest pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    I can imagine, hearing loud "thud" in the middle of the darkest part of night, waking me up. I turn on the lights, and in front of my face appears a massive, almost monolithic Probopass, staring at me blankly with it's unblinking eyes. *Shudders*

But in all seriousness, Magmortar/Magmar are... Lets just say an ugly tree fell onto their faces.

Years
    What bout the others? Ivysaur, Croconaw, Combusken, Marshtop, Grotle, Monferno and Prinplup? Thier not ugly. In my opinion anout 50% of Gen 4 Pokemon are ugly.

The only one of those that I wouldn't say is ugly is Ivysaur, but it's still uglier than Bulbasaur and Venusaur. ;)

In terms of their intended looks, yes. But in my opinion, no Pokemon in GenI is badly designed, unlike more than 3/4 of the pokemon in Hoenn and Sinnoh.

I agree with this. I can't think of a single G1 Pokémon that was poorly designed, which would make sense as they were still fresh back then. On the other hand, the new Pokémon nearly killed my ability to enjoy G3 and G4.

Years
    gen 1:
    mr mime
    jinx
    charmeleon
    wartortle (looks like an 80 year old squitle)
    rattata (such a boring, dull pokemon)
    gen 2:
    (for me the best era of pokemon design, i cant think of any ugly ones here)
    gen 3:
    swampert (mudkip=awesome,marshomp=good,swampert=fat and fail)
    blazekin(how they went so wrong with torchic and combusken as prevolutions, ill never know)
    zigzagoon

gen 4

chimchar + evos (makes me sick)
    primplup+empoleon (such a shame since piplup is so awesome)

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    In terms of their intended looks, yes. But in my opinion, no Pokemon in GenI is badly designed, unlike more than 3/4 of the pokemon in Hoenn and Sinnoh.
    Hey. I'm not a Hoenn or Sinnoh supporter but the 1st gen pokemon arent that great! They're all safari like. Plus they r ones that really stand out to be ugly.
    Magmar- wats with its head?!
    Jynx- I mean seriously. They'r pokemon. They'r not meant to have a chest?
    But 1 in particular from the 4th gen really makes me grimace...
    Probopass- I laughed at 1st but the more I look at it... just no.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    The ugliest pokemon?

My job is done here.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    ratata/raticate
    pikachu/raichu
    zubat/golbat
    venomoth
    victreebel
    grimer/muk
    drowzee/hypno
    hitmonlee
    koffing/weezing
    tangela
    jynx
    magmar

.....yeah. i just don't care too much for the 1st gen. :\

but from the 4th generation, i'd definitely say purugly takes the cake.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Eh-heh-heh-heh...

CARNIVINE
    Spoiler:

Red and green vines + 2 long leaves + a yellow...thing + venus flytrap + eyes = Carnivine, basically. We had the awesome Victreebel since Gen. I, and 3 Generations later, we meet its long lost, rejected twin/cousin/sibling...whatever. Anyway, not 1, but 4 pictures are presented to display Carnivine's atrocity upon humans.
    I admire its projected happiness, but that feeble attempt of emotion will not help everyone who has set eyes upon this thing. It looks so...poor man's makeshift Victreebel, sadly. I hope that it gets an evolution so it could possibly have a shred of cool-looking-ness... Right now, Carnvine can only hope to be a Victreebel/semi-Venusaur ripoff...

And why do Carnivine's Platinum and back sprites make it come off as a complete idiot? I mean, Carnivine has brains at least...there are worse Pokemon it could've chosen to look like... An example:

SPIRITOMB

Spoiler:

One of the best Pokemon names just had to get ripped by this thing! The main criticism is its green face... *shudders* Otherwise, it looks so horrible that it actually looks OK at times; the Odd Keystone and circular design are slightly nice touches... But this Pokemon does not deserve "Spiritomb" as its name... Mikaruge fits it better... I don't know why, it just does.

PROBOPASS

Spoiler:

OK, the nose-rock from Hoenn was wild enough for a design...and that one actually worked. But Probopass is trying way too much... First off, its name is irritating; I keep on getting reminded of a proboscis,and then I think of insects...
    Next, the thing on its head looks tacked on, and the two Mini-Noses look too forced... Arms would be fine. Its eyes are a bit creepy.
    And the primary thing: WHY do you force a rock-nose to 'wear' HAIR?! I know noses have hairlike structures in them, but that doesn't mean a Pokemon has to go sniffing a large wad of it 24/7! And that 'lifeform' looks like someone just glued it to Probopass and called it a day. Mario would be ashamed that this abomination (sort of) stole his theme and color scheme...

PHIONE
    Spoiler:

Manaphy ripoff. 'Nuff said. (And stop staring at me, Phione! It's not my fault that Manaphy is infinite-times cooler!)

RIOLU
    Spoiler:

Now Lucario was AWESOME. An anthropomorphic black-blue themed wolf is cool. One with scarlet eyes that can manipulate Aura/Chakra/Ki is even cooler. But turning that into a 'child' form ruins the epicness. At least Lucario has a teenage/adult vibe coming from it. Riolu also had to steal the "Emanating Pokemon" species name from Lucario as well, making it stick with the basic "Aura Pokemon" designation.
    Mew is the only "child" form of a 'Legendary' Pokemon i'll accept. (if Lucario will not be officially considered as Legendary, its coolness and unique Aura Manipulation still warrant 'Legendary' status, IMO) At least you can tell that Mew and Mewtwo are similar, but not the same. Also, Mewtwo's height, glare, and muscularity, plus other slight changes differentiate it adequately from the cute, simple-design Mew.
    As a jab to Lucario, the spikes on its body slightly ruins the cool image it has.
    ------

Magmar is luckily not on this list since Magmortar rectifies most of Magmar's ugliness (though Magmortar still has an awkward/odd design).
    Spoiler:

Magnezone looks forced, but I like how sleeker and thinner it has become compared to the 'bulky' (though still cool-looking) Magneton. But I guess that's the best choice for a Magneton evo, anyway.
    Spoiler:

Anime Zangoose does NOT look like Gen. III Zangoose! But both have grown on me, though. GBA Zangoose's eyes are way more squinty, though. Lickilicky also took some time for me to adjust to its look.
    Spoiler:

Cresselia gets really ugly if you stare at it too long and picture it without all the crescents, looking like a messed-up swan. The crescents completely/thankfully save its design.
    Spoiler:

And lastly, Giratina Origin Forme. Giratina Altered Forme looks much cooler in my opinion. Originally, I thought Giratina-OF looked like a third-grader drew it or something. I'm glad to have recognized that it does look pretty cool, in its own regard. But Giratina-OF doesn't hold a candle to Giratina-AF.
    Spoiler:

That's pretty much it, I guess. :pirate: Oh, yeah, and referring to a post somewhere up there^, Jynx isn't that ugly. Just a little disturbing to look at occasionally... :t124:

Last edited:

Intensity

~ How Intense can it get? ~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2009
    Probopass (I would post a picture, but I'm afraid it's uglyness would stone some people), what was Nintendo thinking? It looks a fat version of Nosepass with a red hat, open eyes, and it hit puberty.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back