• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate SM Roast/Hate/Complaint/This makes NO sense thread

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
    There were all those times when a new game comes out, and all you can think of are the crappy parts of the other games, so here we are. Now, one thin that Pokemon never made our characters do was use the bathroom. I understand. But if you ever entered the Buffet on Melemele Island, you will know how much your character eats. So where do they poop?
    The above was a common thought when playing past games so ignore that. But one thing I HATED, yes, HATED was the size of the region. It was so small, I felt like crying when I finished the game. I found all the locations of the game and beat all the trainers in them in under an hour, and I know that because I was playing while waiting at the doctor's office.

AND WHAT IS WITH THE RIDE PKMN MUSIC??????????????????????? It sucks. SUCKS. I always exit and reneter wherever I am, just to get rid of that STUPID music. I wouldn't even call it music. Its just a bunch of sounds, no NOISES. It SUCKS. I HATE IT.
    Please tell me a few things hich you don't like, or outright HATE, becuase I know how you feel. And please tell me all of you hate the ride pkmn music.

TimothyAster

Gen5-er
    Years
    Bruh, chill. The ride music sucks, it does, but at least all the other music in the game is good. If I really needed to think about what I don't like in the game then probably Hau. He is the most incompetent rival ever, besides gen 6. And you really can tell he is a ten year old child. At least Gladion is awesome, even if he is the edgiest little scrub since Silver.

Kartanaheart

Origami King
    Years
    The main character's dad is a Guzzlord. They're part Guzzlord. They just eat, that's all they do. That's why they never go to the bathroom.

My major nitpick is that Alola's native (Gen 7) Pokemon were less likely to find than others, outside of things like Pikipek and Yungoos. You're more likely to find something from an earlier gen than a new gen 7 Pokemon.

Years
    My major nitpick is that Alola's native (Gen 7) Pokemon were less likely to find than others, outside of things like Pikipek and Yungoos. You're more likely to find something from an earlier gen than a new gen 7 Pokemon.

Ah yes, that definitely annoyed me as well. Especially with stuff like Mimikyu, which is a notable fan favourite that I see everyone wanting on their team, but hate how long it takes to find one.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2018
    I agree with the lack of facial expression of the protagonist.

Also, I can't say I was a huge fan of the island trial. I'd LOVE both gyms and the island trial. I really gave it a chance, and thought it was fun, but not supplementary to gyms.

Years
    The protagonists' never ending smile that just looks ridiculous with some cutscenes. When Lillie left at the end it was just the most heartless thing to see your character smiling through it all.

Protagonist has non existent personality and facial expressions. They could have at least give him more than one facial expression.

This for sure. I remember seeing that cutscene where Lillie says goodbye, and the lack of expression just ruined the emotional impact of that scene altogether. I really hope this gets fixed in US/UM.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Yep, gonna have to agree with a few of you on how non-existent the player character's personality is compared to the previous generation.

My other gripe with Sun/Moon is the awkward stat distribution on most of the new Pokémon, since a lot of them tend to be quite slow in comparison to previous generations.

Years
    My other gripe with Sun/Moon is the awkward stat distribution on most of the new Pokémon, since a lot of them tend to be quite slow in comparison to previous generations.

I can beg to differ. When I first saw the stats leaked I was like "oh god just watch the internet make a joke out of this" and hence that "ASLOWLA" joke happened. Vikavolt and Lurantis are probably the worst offenders here, since their designs don't really suggest slow.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    OK, let's roast SM. I like the games a lot, but these are the things I would change:

• I get it, you got rid of the HMs. But did you need to get rid of all overworld moves? A major reason I teach Dig to my Pokémon is to save up on Escape Ropes, and now you're telling me I've got to buy them? Come on!
    • What if I don't want an Alolan form of a Pokémon? Yes, I know, there are Pokémon that you can breed with Everstones, and they can have regular form offspring, like Rattata or Grimer. But what if I want a regular Raichu, Marowak or Exeggutor? I can't have one, because they evolve from regular Pikachus, Cubones and Exeggcutes! I just want to have the option, you know...
    • I know Pokémon games have been very linear since Gen 5. But this game is even more obvious about it than Black & White (in which, if you remember, you pretty much travelled in a straight line, the detour through Relic Castle notwithstanding) , since you always have a marker on your map telling you where to go next. It came to a point where I actively avoided going towards the marker, as I wanted to explore the world on my own, only to bump into a random NPC who'd say to me "Yeah, there's a path you have to follow, go there".
    • Location-based evolutions that only activate towards the end of the game... why? Why don't magnet field-based evolutions activate in Blush Mountain? That would make so much sense!
    • It would be amazing if instead of just being otherworldly Pokémon, Ultra Beasts were something else entirely, monsters you have to fight and can't capture. Ditto for Lusamine when she fuses with Nihilego, wouldn't it be awesome to fight her directly instead of her Pokémon?
    • The mechanic with another dimension that you can visit during the post-game is a bit of a wasted opportunity. The whole other dimension is just the regular world, but with a 12-hour shift (day instead of night and vice-versa) . It would be cool if that world had the same trainers, but still unfought, and with much stronger teams. And/or an Elite 4 with different teams and different types. And/or wild Pokémon that you don't usually encouter neither in your version, nor in the other. And/or NPCs mentioning things that never happened in your world, just to make the whole place feel "off". Those who remember the TV show "Sliders" will get me.
    • Speaking of parallel dimensions, I like it when two versions of the same game acknowledge each other as being parallel universes. But wouldn't it be cooler if the games built on this aspect by starting the story in both versions the same way, then creating a point of divergence halfway through the game, and finally finishing the story differently in each version? For instance, if in Sun, Lusamine would still be the one obsessed with Ultra Beasts with Guzma a relatively innocent collaborator, but in Moon, Guzma would be revealed as the mastermind instead, and Lusamine would be little more than his favorite test subject?
    • Gen 1 still gets too much attention. I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of those mons. I've been seeing them for the past 18 years, and they really get old. Why can't we just let them slip into obscurity once and for all and let the series... evolve? This is a biased opinion, but IMHO they are far from being the best mons ever conceived, especially since Gen 5 introduced a much better balanced ensemble. How about creating a Pokémon game with all monsters except Gen 1? That would be a huge change!
    • I'll repeat the same thing I said when I was venting about Gen 6 when it came out: if there's a DLC that changes Pikachu's animé cry to its real one, I'll gladly get it. Heck I'll even pay for it. I really don't like the yellow rodent, and I don't like seeing it get the special treatment it does.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
    i agree. but let me say this:
    i hate lillie and this is the reason why- she RUINED THE GAME! the game was about her story with nebbie, and we would just be chaperones, taking care of her, and making sure she didn't die or something. where were we? in the end, a lot of poeple loved lillie, but why? in the end, N disappeared, but he left behind several easter eggs. we still dont know crap about him. but lillie's entire story was revealed. wheres the suspence? in B2/W2, N comes back. he helps you, and he fights for a cause. to save pokemon. he was a powerful trainer, and he was a good person. silver was an evil dirtbag, but in the end, he REALISES something. that treating pokemon properly will lead to them becoming much stronegr, or something along those terms. but what does lillie do? take of her hat. WOW! such phenomenal character developement. from being a mopey loser, to being a happy loser. the story had little to do with us, and thats why i'm angry. in ORAS, we change the teams leaders into understanding whats right. we help zinnia save the world from deoxys. what do we do now? stop a psychotic lunatic from unleashing ultra beasts. cool. but why does it have to be about lillie? it's the fraking 20th anniversary! make a game about the players, who have stuk with you for so long, who have been with you for almost two decades! but no, make it about a crappy NPC. this is why i felt that lillie ruined the game. and that ride music, it SUCKS. and then we have the chracters with no depth. gladion seemed to be an important character, but he barely changes. why does lillie get the limelight, when her brother got the sme crap? he even smuggled out type:null. he ran so he could save a pokemon. they are the same. lillie doesnt need some special treatment. and hau. what the heck is wrong with him? chicken skin? there are no ckickens MORON! there are some other things possibly resemblling a chicken. and he sucks. he is our rival, but there is no story for him. only the abnoying native kid, who has annoying battle music, with a incompetant team, which i never even have to be worried about. there are also characters like looker, who was, in my opinion, wasted potential. i like him coming back, but its LOOKER! my favorite character other than Red. in my opinion, he should be given a bigger spotlight than anabelle, who was just an easter egg placed for emerald players. and red. why does his team suck? from level 80's whihc should now be 100, he has 75's! why? why couldn't he be some end of game battle, for an achievement? when you beat him, the strongest triner, you deserve an accolade like in HG/SS, where you get the kanot starters, and the hoenn starters, and other cool stuff. this sucks. but maybe its a different dimension.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I didn't like lillie from the begining. Pointless character. Not fond of cosmog and cosmoem. Those two are basically useless. At least phione had a better move pool.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    The BW level curve and the lack of trainers to rebattle is the no. 1 eyesore for me in this game. Training Pokémon is just super hard now; at least Black and White had the stadiums and the Royal Unova.

Years
    Yeah I still have nightmares over the protagonist's creepy smile so gotta roast the game for that

I know the protagonist is meant to be a blank state. Game Freak must have taken that meaning way too far when it came to the face.

The BW level curve and the lack of trainers to rebattle is the no. 1 eyesore for me in this game. Training Pokémon is just super hard now; at least Black and White had the stadiums and the Royal Unova.

I agree. I have to rely on battling the Battle Buffet and Elite Four every time and it can get repetitive and annoying. I seriously want to fire the person at Game Freak who came up with that idea of returning to 5th Gen EXP mechanics.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
    yeah. why isnt there a battle tree, or some sort of activity where you gain exp. points? i did almost 50 damn e4 runs, combined with fighting morimoto, and the battle buffet, which barely gives you experience points. my kyogre on lvl.99 took me a full day to level up. and i had mewtwo, rayquaza, and all my other legendaries too. wth GF? anyways, lets hope for the future. i swear i will commit suicide if lillie shows her annoyign face in USUM.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    dont see why they could not added more face expressions since the scene in the beging at the bridge with spearows ius only scene were mc change expression

Back