• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate SM Roast/Hate/Complaint/This makes NO sense thread

Years
    I suppose the one thing that bothers me the most is what Blue mentioned earlier in regards to the protagonists' unchanging expression. It's reallly off-putting when their expressions are supposed to change in certain situations...

Years
    I suppose the one thing that bothers me the most is what Blue mentioned earlier in regards to the protagonists' unchanging expression. It's reallly off-putting when their expressions are supposed to change in certain situations...

That reminds me, I'd love to see Game Freak come out and say why they decided to have the S/M protagonist show no emotion. Maybe it's because Alola was so new to him/her or something like that?

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
    That reminds me, I'd love to see Game Freak come out and say why they decided to have the S/M protagonist show no emotion. Maybe it's because Alola was so new to him/her or something like that?

Or perhaps, the protagonist doesnt have other facial expressions aside from being a poker face?
    I don't want to think that this protagonist is being apathetic of all the situations s/he's in and cant
    do anything about it because that's the way s/he was programmed.

I feel sad for myself whenever I play the game trying to internalize myself into the protagonist's
    role and seeing yourself after that grand-whatever-scene, you act as if nothing happens...

Last edited:
    Years
    WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BIKE??!

I don't miss HMs, but I miss the bike. Riding Mudsdale just isn't the same...

I can definitely understand you, since it does annoy me having to hold down the B button with Tauros every time I have to hatch eggs. At least the Poke Pelago has a hot spring you can use as an alternative to hatch eggs or raise happiness.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    I'm going to be honest... I haven't even finished playing S/M. I've tried so many times, but I always give up around the third island. The amount of cutscenes are just so tedious and BORING - I hate that it takes a minimum of 15 minutes just to get your starter Pokemon, and for what? To watch a pointless montage of your character showing off their hat? Ridiculous. I really wanted to love these games, and I just can't get into them. That being said, I might pick up Ultra Moon at some point in the future - I've heard that, while the cutscene problem hasn't been improved, it at least has a better story, so maybe I won't find them as grating.

Last edited:
    Back