• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Unlikely Heroes [March 2016]

Who are the very best?

• Total voters
Years
  • Welcome to Third Generation's new featured thread- the Poll of the Month! Seeing as this board's a bit slower than most on PokéCommunity, we'll be doing monthly polls rather than weekly ones, but the premise will be the same- pick any of the options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. Also, if any of you have a question that you would like to see featured as the PotM, feel free to send me a VM with your idea(s), or leave it with your post in this thread. If your topic gets picked, you may even be awarded with a special emblem!

Now with all that said, this month's poll question is:

"Which set of protagonists do you prefer?"

• Live conveniently next door to a world renowned Pokémon Professor? Check.
    • Leave home to take on the Pokemon League a few minutes after receiving your first Pokemon? Check.
    • Single handedly stop an organized crime syndicate that even police couldn't catch? Check.
    • Become the best Pokemon trainer in the land by beating the Elite Four and becoming Champion? Check.
    • Doing all of that before your eleventh birthday? Check.

Ah, the life of a Pokemon game protagonist. But the real question here is, which set of characters do you prefer? Red and Leaf from the Kanto region, or Brendan and May of Hoenn? Let the voting begin!!

Years
  • I voted Brendan and May, mainly due to my experiences with Hoenn being more accustomed as opposed to Kanto. I also like how May is one of the more uniquely-designed female leads in the franchise, because she has a look that I cannot see other girls in Japanese media able to pull off.

Snackbar1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2016
    Yea I have the Hoenn rivals since they had actual names and your rival was always the opposite gender you chose.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Voted Brendan and May.
    May and Leaf are my favorite female protags, but I can relate to May's tomboy apearance a lot more. And although Red is Red, I've always thought Brendan had an intresting design out of all the male protags, even today. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2016
    Definitely Hoenn coz rivals are friendly and you get an option whether you want to battle them or not

Years
  • I've gotta say, even though we're only halfway through the voting period, I'm kinda surprised at how lop sided the poll is! Considering all of the love for the original games, I figured more people would be on the Red & Leaf bandwagon.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I'd say Brendan and May. There's just adorable (especially in the remakes).

On the other hand, Red was kinda too generic, and Leaf wasn't really someone I liked that much.

Parasyct

Ya Boi
    Years
  • I voted for the Hoenn protagonists too. I always foun Brendan's design to be super cool, and May's is also pretty unique, and they just seem to have a bit more "personality" then the other ones. I think Red is pretty badass as a character in GSC/HGSS but not as a protagonist.

Back