• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
  • Krow paused in mid flight and sent out a large, dark wave towards the line. It practically chopped up the snow and a large cloud of impact appeared. None of the troops were visible, and the gunfire seemed to calm down a little.

"Now, go and help Pidgeot find some allies!!" Greg shouted as another round of gunfire shot over his head.

"Kroowww!" called out Krow as he was flying off...

Greg turned again to Chris, "How are you faring?"

More shots flew over their head. "Could be better!" Chris attempted to look over the bank, but was restricted by the sheer amount of fire. "Dammit!" He cursed as he blindly fired the revolver Sage gave him over the bank. After a moment, all six chambers were empty and he ducked back down to reload. "Dile! Use Hydro Pump if you can!" Dile obeyed, peeking over and firing off a huge stream of water, but was soon forced down by more fire. They needed more cover and firepower! He took Sage's Pokemon, Cedrik the Sandslash, Pokeball off of his belt. In truth, he didn't want to release the Pokemon until the battle was over, but they needed to make the trench larger and deeper. With one last hesitation, Chris released the Sandslash behind the bank.

"Slash?" The Pokemon asked curiously, before poking its head over the bank.

"Get down!" Chris yelled, grabbing the Pokemon and forcing it down, just as another volley of fire hit the bank.

"Slash! Slash!" the Pokemon shouted, frantically squirming and randomly slashing, a few swipes hitting Chris. Finally, it broke Chris' grip, spinning around and facing him. "Sandslash!" It yelled at Chris, holding up a clawed hand.

"Look, yeah I'm not Sage." Chris calmly said, putting his arms in front of him to show he meant no harm. "Sage is…I mean... he's not…" Chris stammered. However, the Sandslash must have known what he was trying to say, because he dropped his head down and stared at the snow. Tears welled up in his eyes as he stared. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to tell you until later, but we need your help right now. If you don't Sage's death would mean nothing." The Sandslash looked up at Chris, wiping the tears out of his eyes "I need you to make this trench deeper, can you do that?"

"Slash! Sandslash!" The Pokemon exclaimed, understanding the order. He quickly began to dig, quickly making the trench deeper. Within moments, he had dug a 3 foot section of the trench about 2 feet deeper.

"Thanks Cedrik. Keep it up!" Chris shouted before he turned to his Slowbro, Psy, who was staring in space aimlessly. "Not the time Psy!" Chris shouted as more bullets shot over their heads. "Use Psychic! Get us some weapons!"

"Slow..." Psy yawned as his eye's glowed a deep blue. Suddenly, two M16s surrounded by a blue aura floated into the trench and to Chris before they fell to the ground.

"Great job Psy!" Chris exclaimed, placing the revolver on his belt and picking up both of the guns. "Greg! Catch!" he threw Greg one of the two guns. "This should help a bit." He smirked before turning back to Psy. "Now, use Reflect to help protect Cedrik while he digs!" More bullets whizzed over their heads as the fight raged on. Hopefully, they would get some help soon.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Yassan staggered along, keeping one hand on the wall for support. He felt numb, but one part of his brain was still buzzing. You're in shock. Sit down, take a load off. Maybe get some tea. Just go back to the Center and relax. Talk to someone! But his body and rest of his brain wouldn't listen. "I've still got Tyranitar. All I gotta do is take Scyther to the Center." Yassan brightened up a bit. He kept repeating this mantra to himself under his breath, but it was quickly replaced by steady stream of obscenities when a Pidgeot grabbed him by the shoulders and yanked him into the air. After a moment's panic, he felt his stomach rocket into his mouth as he was dropped. Thinking that he was now officially dead, he was quite surprised when he immediately landed face-first on the ground.
    "Get UP!"

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • "Piidgeot!" cawed Silver, coming into a rough landing behind the bank, and dropping whoever it was holding in the snow.

"Nice Silver! Go get some more!" Chris shouted while shooting back at the oncoming PXS forces"

"Geot!" The Pidgeot chirped before flapping its wings and speeding off to find more people.

Chris, shot the rifle a few times over the bank before running to when the man had fallen off Silver. On closer inspection, he saw it was Yassan. He was missing a few teeth and looked pretty scraped up, but for the most part, in one piece. "Yo Yassan! Get UP!" Chris yelled, shooting a few times in the direction of the PXS. However, he was only replied with a groan. "Comon!" Chris yelled. When Yassan didn't move a second time, he grabbed him by the shirt, and began dragging him through the snow and to the trench. Yassan was extremely heavy, and the fact he was going limp didn't help much either. "Psy! Psychic on Yassan!"

"Slow..." Psy mumbled as his eyes glowed a deep blue. Suddenly, a blue aura surrounded Yassan's body, lifting him about a foot into the air. He then slowly floated over the snow and into the trench with Chris following close behind. once in the trench, Psy gently let Yassan down.

"Now..." Chris started to say, kneeling down next to Yassan. "Dile use Water Gun on Yassan!" Dile complied, hitting Yassan with an ice cold Water Gun attack. Just like getting hit with a bucket of ice water, Dile's water gun brought the life back into Yassan. "Thanks Dile. Now Yassan," Chris said, throwing the M16 rifle at him and pulling out the revolver. "Give us a hand!"

(OOC: OK, Silver is back out there. Find him again :))

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "Shut up, Alex," Josh said for the millionth time. His Pidgeot had been whining softly, jumping at every gunshot. Josh had too, the nasty little hypocrite, but without the noise. "You're going to get us caught." He sprayed the bird with the last of his potion and stood up. They had been sitting in the snow for quite some time and it was getting cold and wet and annoying. Alex shook his wing again and stood up with Josh, nodding slightly.

"All better to go? Sweet. Let's get going then," Josh lead the way through the bushes, away from the PXS camp. Well, so, at least he thought it was away from them. He figured the gunshot noises were coming from them. "Maybe I should release Bon, just in case." He let out his Houndoom from her ball and continued to walk. He chattered his teeth as he walked, it was getting colder and colder. He cleaned his glasses from the fog from his breath and wiped the iced sweat from his brow. Who knew being an outlaw could be so tough?

"Why, look, a kid wandered from his mummy," a snide voice came as a person dressed in black emerged from the bushes, a gun in his hand pointed directly at Josh and a Nidorino by his side. "You want me to take you home?" he cackled, cocking the gun.

"Crap," Josh squeaked.

- - -

Ashi flicked her head around as a Pidgeot flew above, but with no trainer. Ashi's heart stopped as she watched the bird circle overhead and dive, but for PXS. So that meant it was on their side. But, was it Josh's? No, it couldn't be. Josh was not dead. He was not. If he was, he would have had that girl scream he used to do when he was 10 and it was unmistakable... Was it?

"Follow me," Ashi hissed to her Pokémon, ducking down and following the Pidgeot back to where it was dropping the people. She ducked and manouvered around the people, dodging what she could while her Pokémon followed, occasionally shooting projectiles towards the PXS. The Pidgeot landed and Ashi ran after it, her heart beating insanely. Was Josh hiding? Was he sending his Pokémon out to attack? Please be okay.

She jumped and army-rolled after it, only to land into a fairly deep trench. Her heart stopped as she landed right next to someone but started again when she noticed it was Chris and some other fellow Uprising members.

"Chris!" she breathed, leaning back into the trench. "Jesus, god, you gave me a heart attack." She looked around to see the Pidgeot take off again, but there was no sign of Josh. Her heart started to race again. That wasn't Josh's Pidgeot.

"Chris, uh... Yassan and... you. Have you seen Josh? I thought that was his Pidgeot..." Her stomach started to sink. Where the hell was he?!

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • "Chris!" Chris turned to see Ashi standing behind him, somewhat relieved by their presence. "Jesus, god, you gave me a heart attack." Suddenly, her relief turned to worry and she asked in a somewhat nervous voice."Chris, uh... Yassan and... you. Have you seen Josh? I thought that was his Pidgeot..."

"Uh... No that's Silver. But sorry. I haven't seen him since the first wave." Chris shrugged. However, Ashi looked even more worried as he said this. Feeling bad, he walked up to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "But I'm sure he's fine. He can take care of himself. Right now, we need you here." He said in a more confident voice before he turned to the trench. "Right, everyone! Hold here!" Chris barked to everyone in the trench. "If they can't get past us! They can't get to the town!" He then quickly searched the trench for his Pokemon. "Dile! Cedrik! On me!"

He turned back to address Ashi as Dile climbed back onto his shoulder and the Sandslash rushed back next to him. "You know where Isabel is?"

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • I have no plan, Sar thought grimly. I also have no friends, I think. I'm not a member of Uprising, but I'm fighting PXS. That girl refused my joining just because I didn't like her. Slightly immature; only her friends can join and everybody else can just go to hell. She looked around at the battlefield, patches of snow stained red with blood and smells of gunpowder, blood and human waste wafting through the once-pristine area. Perhaps we're already there.

Suddenly somebody yelled somewhere to the right of her sheltering tree to go to the bank and take cover. In Sar's opinion, that was rather stupid. PXS were human, after all; they had ears and eyes. Just tell them where everybody was going to be, why don't they?

'Matsu!' There was a cry from her left. She recognized the voice as the one belonging to that guy who seemed a lot like her father. She looked up instinctively and saw him running blindly to his Pokemon's side, gaining several wounds in the process. He barely seemed to notice them as he tried to doctor his Pikachu's wounds. Sar hesitated. Perhaps he wasn't like her father; after all her father, being a self-centred coward, would never risk himself like that for anybody else, no matter who it was. Hell, the guy shot at her after the notices came up in an effort to get Sar to hand Burr and Tock over to the government.

She managed to shoot one of the PXS members who were aiming at the unprotected boy when she felt an excruciating pain in her calf. She bit down hard on the side of her hand to keep from screaming. She was also out in the open, vulnerable to any attack. Between the prospect of fiery pain and death, Sar chose the pain. Whimpering slightly with every movement and tasting blood, she managed to limp into cover. Tock managed to give her a meager cover by using confusion on all the bullets that passed by, bending their path so that they spiraled away from the small party.

Raichu helped as well, using Thunderbolt on gun-holding goons and sparking the gunpowder inside the weapons, causing them to blow up in their hands. Every time he saw somebody scream in pain because of this, he felt a twinge of guilt. They were his former team members. In a way, they had been his family and everything he had before Ikiji came and freed him.

But Sar won, no contest.

Burr scampered into the bank where somebody had yelled to recruit. If nothing else, that meant that he would be with people who were fighting the same enemy as he was. An enemy of an enemy is a friend of mine. Since Sar was still miffed about being downright rejected for what she considered the most stupid and hypocritical reason of all time, Burr could always pretend to be one of the freed Pokemon from the first battle. He was still covered in blood, slime, oil and who knew what else.

There were pathetically few people trying to hold up to a volley of gunfire. Burr sighed, watching a Sandslash dig the side of the bank deeper. Burr's tail twitched as he saw a helicopter pass by, the guns pointing directly at the guy who seemed to be in charge; the guy who owned the Totodile and Charizard. Instantly, Burr jumped onto his head and used Protect, causing the bullets to wildly ricochet into the snow.

The downside was that the human's hair was now bloody and foul-smelling as well.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "Baww, what's the baby crying about?" The man cackled again. "Scared you're gonna get a booboo?"

"Shut up, ass," Josh said, trying to sound brave. "We all know I'm no baby but you're just a jerk."

"Jerk?" He laughed. "Is that the best you've got? Wow, you're weak."

"You're the weak one, using guns and all," Josh's focus stayed directly on the gun in his hand.

"You better watch it punk," the man's voice turned serious. "One slip of the trigger and you're gone."

"... Y-yeah. But, you know, it's not over," Josh's voice turned high pitched. "Not even. Go, Bon!" The man whipped around to see the Houndoom latching on the the man's leg and whipping him into the ground, the fire blazing around her teeth. The man screamed and dropped the gun to grab Bon's snout, only for his hands to be burned. "Alex, get the Nidorino!" Alex lunged forwarth, knocking the Nidorino over into the snow by surprise.

"Use the same technique as before, go!" Ashi said to her Pokémon. "Except Invisi, help ... Silver. And Haste, stay here." Her Pokémon nodded and obeyed, Amber, Twili and Sola running back into the inferno. She stared at Lone's ball and put it back into it's place as a necklace.

"Do you know where Isabel is?" Chris asked her. Ashi pointed towards the PXS.

"She was talking to someone. I saw it only briefly before the second wave came," Ashi said. "To find her, you'd probably need to go on your Pidgeot. Or Invisi if you want to go faster."

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Greg looked at the gun Chris had thrown him. He had never used one before... but these were desperate times. A Sandslash that was apparently on their side was making the trench deeper and longer, providing better cover.

Greg saw a bullet hit one of the guarding Abomasnow behind them. The giant pokemon fell, clutching it's chest. Greg bit his lip, before firing towards the PXS.

Then, without warning, Chris' Pidgeot retured and dropped an Uprising member face first into the snow near where Greg was crouching. The poor guy looked pretty badly beat up. A few minutes later, Ashi slid into the trench,

"Chris, uh... Yassan and... you. Have you seen Josh? I thought that was his Pidgeot..."

"Uh... No that's Silver. But sorry. I haven't seen him since the first wave." Chris shrugged.

Wait: that must mean Josh has a Pidgeot. Didn't I see another one earlier...?

...yes! I did!

"Names Greg!" Greg called out over the gunfire, "I'm sure I saw another Pidgeot flying overhead the PXS earlier, but I think it fell behind them!"

Almost immideately after informing Ashi of this, a helicopter hovvered into view. It had located them. It loomed menacingly over the small group, and fired. However, out of nowhere, a mangy looking Raticate jumped on top of Chris and used Protect to block the bullets.

"Quick, Blade, use bullet seed!" commanded Greg. His Grovyle fired a flurry of hard seeds towards the helicopter. He could hear glass smash, but, being a grass move, it didn't cause any great damage.

"Chris! I think Char could come in handy here!" Greg ducked as a barrage of bullets from the helicopter skimmed the edge of the trench, "And maybe Psy to block these things?!"

(OOC: Remember, Krow's still out searching :P Oh, and this was my 300th POST!!! :D)

Last edited:

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • Sar was yet again slumped against another form of shelter, breathing hard. She rummaged into her bag and pulled out a shirt with one hand. Her other hand clutched at her calf where the bullet had gone through. Hissing in pain, she used her teeth to rip several ragged strips of cloth away from the shirt before letting her head fall back against the snow-covered boulder that had offered her some more cover. Sar had heard that you were supposed to clean a wound or something of the like, lest it get an infection. She didn't have any water around, but the whole field was filled with snow, which was virtually just a colder relative.

Gritting her teeth and screwing her eyes tightly shut, she dumped a clod of snow on her wound and waited several minutes for it to dissolve. Cold also slowed the circulation, right? She guessed that that meant she wouldn't bleed as quickly, but she might get frostbite long. Biting her tongue now in another effort to prevent herself from crying out, she tied the strips of cloth on the wound, putting pressure on it. That was supposed to stop the bleeding as well. She wrapped a strip around her hand as well, which was stinging in the area that she had bitten down on.

Having done all that she knew to do, Sar gingerly stood back up, holding her breath so that she wouldn't scream. The two Pokemon were watching her with concerned expressions on their faces, helpless to do anything more to help her. She gave them a weak smile and reached down for her bag when she felt something nudge her back. Sar recognized it as the barrel of a gun.

"Bet you regret teaming with the Uprising now, don't ya?" A male voice sniggered from behind her.

Sar shrugged, not turning around. "Not a member so I wouldn't know."

He laughed, mocking her. "Yeah? Like I'd believe that. Stupid, lying, piece of trash; you're a bit young to be fighting in a war." He spat at the ground near her feet. She didn't answer him, just shrugged again. "Probably all orphans, anyway. Who'd be stupid enough to fight for Pokemon? Dumb beasts. Oh, did I hit a nerve?" He grinned as he noticed Sar shifting angrily before almost doubling over in pain as she accidentally put some weight on her left leg - the one which had been shot.

He pushed her forward, causing her to cry out. "Aw, do you have a booboo? Want your mother to kiss it all better? Well, too bad. I'm the only one here, girl,' he laughed harshly. He saw the Raichu take a step forward in a threatening manner and he held the gun up to her head, flicking the safety catch off. "Just give me a reason, furball. Please, give me a reason to."

Raichu stopped and glanced up at Sar, who was still trying to catch her breath. The guy sneered down at them. "You," he said, gesturing to Sar, "put your hands over your head. We might get a bounty off of you from some sap who wants their daughter back or something."

Sar snorted, not moving an inch. His eyes narrowed. "You makin' fun of me? 'Cause, you see, I'm the one with the gun pointed to your head, and you got nothing. That could be a very fatal mistake." Sar did nothing but roll her eyes. "Put your hands up!" He yelled, pressing his gun against her head with renewed fervour. Suddenly, Sar heard him yelp in pain and stumble backwards. Tock had just jumped at his unprotected face and started pecking every inch of exposed skin she could find.

Sar slowly turned to face the flailing man who was trying to prevent his eyes from being eaten and raised one of her own guns, shaking her head. He should have just killed her and gotten on with it instead of all that threatening business. She was feeling hot. It was sweltering and her head felt too light. She looked down and aimed for his heart and pulled the trigger. He was dead in an instant. Sar could hear buzzing, but shook it off. She was in the middle of a fight for her life. Giving in to some wound was one of the things that she would not do.

Burr looked along the trench, deciding that he couldn't do much there. All his moves were physical attacks, so he'd only be useful against human opponents. All he could do was try to use Protect when it was needed. Darn helicopters. Why on earth would people feel the need to send helicopters to defeat a group of teenagers? Sheesh.

If only he could do something. Burr had never felt more useless in his life than he did now. With nothing to do, he hopped on his paws and tried not to let the cold get through to him. sure, he might have a thick coat of fur, but all the blood was freezing his fur together and Raticates were never meant to go into the snow anyhow.

The helicopter made another pass at the trench.

He wondered how Sar was doing. Fleetingly, he wondered if she was dead. Then he pushed the thoughts to the back of his mind and watched the events unfold intently, in case there was something he could do to help.

dc_united

Years
  • Yassan hit the dirt, keeping one hand on top of his head out of reflex as the bullets whizzed inches over his head.
    "Tyranitar! Hyper Beam!" Tyranitar braced herself as she stood, then unleashed hell. The pilot had a moment to see the attack coming, but opted to sit there open-mouthed, which cost him dearly. The gunner dove out the side door, and hit the ground from about a hundred feet up with chest. The shattered and burning remnants of the helicopter fell behind him.

Yassan turned to commend Tyranitar, but bubbling sounds and blood came out. He grimaced and spat into the snow. "Good job Tyranitar. We gotta keep fighting, alright? If any more helicopters, use hyper beam. If you see a mass of infantry or tanks, Dig out a few hundred feet and use Earthquake or Stone Edge. You got that?"

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • "She was talking to someone. I saw it only briefly before the second wave came," Ashi said. "To find her, you'd probably need to go on your Pidgeot. Or Invisi if you want to go faster."
    Chris looked around for a moment, watching all the people around him fighting for their lives, before responding. "No. It's Ok. I'll stay here. Is can take care of herself and right now, we need everyone we can get."

All of a sudden and without warning, a helicopter zoomed across the battlefield, coming to a hover in front of the trench, and pointing it's guns straight at Chris and Ashi. Before Chris even had a chance to say a word, or call out to Psy or any of his Pokemon, the helicopter fired. For a second, the world began to slow down for Chris as he watched it all unfold. The bullets gradually got closer and Chris couldn't do a thing about it. He, Dile and all of his Pokemon were going to die.

Suddenly, Chris could fell something climb up his leg and up his back onto his head. At first he thought it had to be Dile. But that was impossible… He was on his shoulder just a moment before and still was. Without warning, a shield appeared around Chris, causing the bullets to ricochet off around Chris and Ashi, landing harmlessly into the snow.

"What? But?" Chris stammered out, still wondering what the hell had just happened. His questions were answered as a Ratticate covered in blood and other… things, jumped off of his head and ran off through the snow. He could feel something trickle down the side of his face from his hair as he watched the Ratticate run into the trench. He reached up to wipe it off. As he did, he realized the substance felt sticky, just like blood. "Dammit…" Chris swore as he smeared it onto his shirt. " Thanks for saving my life and everything, but… God! It smells too!" As the Ratticate stood in the trench, wondering what to do next, Chris briefly wondered If it was the same Ratticate that he saw earlier before the battle. Right now he couldn't tell, the poor creature was covered in blood and basically un-recognizable.

""Chris! I think Char could come in handy here!" Greg yelled, snapping Chris back into reality as a barrage of bullets from the helicopter skimmed the edge of the trench, "And maybe Psy to block these things?!"

"Char needs a rest! And Psy's doing the best he can! But-!" Chris was cut off as a Hyper Beam attack tore through the helicopter. It seemed to hover briefly for a moment, before crashing down behind the trench. "…But it looks like it's gone anyways." He smirked. "Right! Everyone! Keep up the attacks and fire!" He yelled to everyone in the trench before again surveying the battlefield. <Once news gets out that the helicopter was shot down, the PXS will have to send something bigger. Something like more choppers or trucks or…> Chris eyes widened. <Maybe a tank.>

He quickly looked around for Cedrik. While he was next to him only moments before, was now in the trench again digging. Immediately he sprinted off, unintentionally leaving Ashi and running to where the Sandslash was still digging a the trench. "Cedrik!"Chris yelled, grabbing the Pokemon's attention. "I have a special job for you."

"Slash! SandSlash!" Cedrik replied, putting a claw up in front of him to show he was ready.
    "Right. I need you to dig out there." Chris said, pointing to where the PXS were coming from. Cedrik shot him a look. "Dig some pitfalls for PXS solders using Rapid Spin. And please. Stay underground and stay safe." With one last nod, the Sandslash expertly and rapidly dug through the wall of the trench and in the direction of the PXS before disappearing underground. Chris exhaled; hopefully it would be enough to discourage tanks if one would ever come, and if not, well, rather be safe than sorry. "Everyone!" Chris shouted over the gunfire. "We hold here! Pick your targets and fire carefully! We will win!"

(OOC: Quick post before bed. Gn.)

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • (I had to break it into three parts. The third will be at the Gym. Sweet, if you read this, you can have Sar there to witness the emotional reunion...)

A blinding white light burned into his eyes. He tried to shield himself with his arm, but the searing light seemed to pass right through it; he looked away, but it seemed as if the light was coming from everywhere.

A voice came from somewhere, but the light was giving him a major headache, keeping him from determining where the voice was actually coming from.

"Ah, another newcom-wait, it's you. What are you doing...? Ah...I see..."

"What?" He tried looking around, but the light was everywhere. "Who's there?!"

"I am."

"Well, who are you?"

"I'm me, of course. Who else would I be?"

His headache was getting worse, and this whoever-it-was wasn't helping.

"Look, not that I don't find your wordplay hilarious, because I do, but can you please cut the crap and give me some straight answers?"

"Why, I do believe I'm being insulted. Alright, fine, we'll play it your way, Mr. I'm-so-serious-all-the-bloody-time."

It felt like the light was starting to penetrate his mind. His head was throbbing.

"Can you do something about this light?"

"Well, actually...no. Sorry."

"Why not?"

"Can't tell you. Sorry."

"Alright then...where am I?"

"Can't tell you that, either."

"Fine, then. Can you answer this: am I dead?"

"Now that, I CAN tell you."

Silence.

"WELL?"

"I said I CAN tell you; I didn't say I was going to."

"I can't even being to describe how unhelpful you're being. Alright, then, Matsu. Can you at least tell me what happened to her?"

"Oh, yes. She's quite alive. In fact, she's raising havoc amongst the ranks of the PXS as we speak. Well, in a sense."

"Of course she is. I save her life, and her first instinct is to rush right into the mob that shot her."

Another long silence. He realized how quiet it was.

"So, what now?"

"Hmm?"

"What happens now?"

"That's the problem. I'm not entirely sure."

"Geez, some angel you are!"

"Angel?! You've got entirely the wrong idea. Do you have even the slightest idea where you are?!"

"No! That's my point! I got shot, I think I died, now I'm here listening to you talk in circles and not answer my questions!"

He became suddenly aware of a strange humming sound.

"Now what?!"

"Oh shi-this is not good."

"What's not good? Agh, it's getting louder! What IS that?!"

"Ah, man...what do I do...what do I DO..."

"Answer me!"

"Damn, no choice....she's gonna kill me, but..."

"What are yo-hey!"

An invisible force lifted him off the ground, and he felt himself being carried.

"Let go of me!" He tried to strike his carrier, but his fists hit only air.

"Shut up and stop struggling!"

"No! Tell me what's happen-AH!"

The light instantly tripled in intensity; he felt like he was being baked alive. He tried to scream, but his voice was gone...
    -----------------
    The first thing he noticed was the blissful absence of the blinding light. The only whiteness was that of the falling snow...

Snow. Did that mean he was back?

He tried to sit up, but he didn't have any strength. He saw a figure above him, but couldn't make out his features. The figure spoke.

"Try not to die this time."

He broke out in a cold sweat. He knew that voice. Even after five long years, he still remembered it.

It was his father's voice.

He urged his body to move with every ounce of will he had, but he simply didn't have the strength. The figure moved away, out of his field of vision. As soon as the figure had left, he felt his strength come rushing back. He sat up and looked around.

The figure was gone. He was in a snowy field; he remembered now. Frosty Gorge. The Uprising. PXS...

PXS. Matsu. He saw a brilliant flash light the field, and saw Matsu flying through the PXS ranks. She was glowing with electricity.

That's...Volt Tackle...

He climbed to his feet, and felt a bullet whiz by his face. He immediately dropped down again, and felt a surge of pain. For a moment he feared he'd been shot again, but he realized it was only it wounds from before.

This is no good...I'm in no shape to fight. I have to make it to the Gym...but first, Matsu...

He looked toward her, and was momentarily startled; she was looking right at him, though he couldn't read her expression from thsi distance.

That'll work.

He made his way across the battlefield towards the icy wall, stopping only to grab his cloak. It was covered in frost and icy cold, but at least it offered some camouflage. He picked up his pace...
    ---------------
    Impossible was the first though she had. The second was I'm insane.

She used the momentum of her last tackle to dash into another nearby soldier. She heard his stuttered scream as the charge tore through him, then was suddenly silenced. Holding her gathered momentum, she propelled herself away from the PXS, and towards where she had seen him...

Last edited:

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • ((Ooc: Yes, yes, Dream, I see.))

Sar considered her options. It was difficult to accept the fact that she was useless right then and could no longer fight with a shot limb, so she had no choice but to return behind the walls. Yeah? And then what? Sar wondered bitterly. I'll go and literally crawl on my knees to a group who refused my entry just because I might not like one of their members. She might be the leader, but I'm sure that even she isn't friends with everybody in the world. Breathing hard through her nose and trying not to retch at the stench of the battlefield, she banged her head a few times against the tree she was leaning on for support, hoping that it would clear her head. She felt... fuzzy. Slow. Uncoordinated and unbearably warm. Her breath practically crystallized in the air, and she felt hot? She held up her hand to her forehead, which might not have been the smartest move as her hand was at least the same temperature as her head. Perhaps she got an infection and perhaps she had a fever.

Closing her eyes, she swallowed a few times to gather what she could of herself together. Vaguely aware that her decisions were clouded because of her probable fever, she refused to go back behind the walls. She opened her eyes again and focused on the Raichu. He still had a lot of strength left and was virtually unharmed. He would be more useful in the fight if he wasn't spending all his time and energy worrying about her. It was sweet and so, so stupid of the Pokemon. She pet him on the head again before pointing back to the trench where the others had gone.

'Go, help them,' she croaked. Her throat was dry and raspy, reminding her how thristy she was even before the battle had begun. Reluctantly, the Raichu turned and made his way to the others, looking back at her several times. Sar turned to Tock, but before she could say anything, she was hit with a small blast of Hypnosis.

After making sure her owner was asleep, Tock used Confusion to gently lift her body up and, with a huge amount of effort, managed to maintain her move long enough to get Sar inside the walls and into a building. It looked like a gym of some sort, but all Tock cared about was that somebody there could help Sar get better. Oh, and there was cool, sparkly ice embedded in the architecture of the place, too. Pretty...

Burr was about to leave when somebody he recognized arrived. The Raichu had a fretful expression on his face and he looked around at the small group gathered there.

<What's going on?> He asked, resignedly.

<They want to discourage armoured vehicles or something from PXS, and they have to hold out behind a trench. He just sent a Sandslash to dig pitfalls for the tanks.> Burr answered. Raichu stared at him and wrinkled his muzzle.

<Dude, what's with the coat of blood and the smell?> He asked, backing away a little. Burr narrowed his beady eyes even further, managing to shut the Raichu up.

<Won't work for long. Tanks have got amazing long-distance shots as well. I wonder if they brought any mortars; we'd be in big trouble then. I can frizzle a tank, but a mortar...> Raichu mused, turning to stare at the line of approaching PXS.

<Where's Tock?> Burr asked, peering around. As for as he knew, Tock had stayed with Raichu before, and they had both been hanging around Josh, who by the looks of things, was missing. <And do you know where that kid went?>

<What kid? The Hoothoot stayed with Sar. She was shot in the leg and looked a bit funny and pale. And she killed a PXS officer, just like that! BLAM! Shoot, and it was over for him. And that bird is one ferocious furball! She was fully pecking his eyes out!> Raichu's eyes gleamed as he recounted the small adventure he'd had. But... he hadn't been able to do anything at all. Raichu resolved that he was going to be a help now to make up for it. After all, electricity was hot enough to ignite fuel and gunpowder, and at the very least, it could fry any mechanisms in machines.

<The kid that was...> Burr trailed off, seeing as how the Raichu went to tug on the Charizard owner's pants and look up at him with those big round eyes. Some rodent Pokemon were born with all the luck, Burr sighed. Useful moves and some adorably furriness about them. But Burr had Sar. Sar, who had been shot.

Faster than a bullet, Burr scampered off to find Sar and see if she was okay. She had to be okay. It couldn't be otherwise, Like Sar would get herself killed by some small-time PXS member. She would be okay. She would. She had to be.

DaVici

DeEmpo
    Years
  • Matre tumbled forwards: she was hit by a bullet in her left leg. Others followed, soon she wasn't able anymore to stand. She tried desperately to shock even more PXS members, but was stopped by a bullet that penetrated her head. Without notion and deaf because of the pain she lost consciousness.

When Vic saw Matre getting beaten up, he and Bro hurried to her immediately. Several meters from her away stopped time for them completely: In a duration of time that seemed like hours, a bullet flew in a direct line to her. When Vic and Bro where only one meter away, the bullet hit her head. Sending her directly in Vic's arms. Vic stumbled backwards caused by the weight of Matre; he fell.

Lying in the snow, Vic felt for her pulse. There was none. Matre was dead.

Vic felt again, and again. There was nothing to change, revive wouldn't work as she was lethally damaged at her brain. There was no way out. Vic's world crashed literally. "Bro," shot through his mind, "At least I have to protect him. But where to go?" He looked to the city. "Gym," shot also through his mind. "Bro, we have to go to the gym, because when we die here, we can't revenge Matre later. We have to regroup." Tears ran down on Vic's face. Actually he wanted to have his revenge now, but he knew from deep in his mind that it would be no use when they wouldn't regroup and battle another time. Slowly he made his way to the city, carefully avoiding bullets that came from behind. Sometimes Bro blocked some that would have hit with mudshot.

Finally they reached the city. The streets where creepy quiet, and fight outside the walls echoed between the walls. After some huge avenues they came at the gym. The lights were on, and it seemed the only place in the city were humans were. They got to the door and opened it…

(OCC: I have no idea what is in there so I leave it with this… My exams are over! ;-) ...and the server was overworked. )

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Beo lay down crouched behind Blaze, as gun fire pelted the snow mound the were behind. The battle had been raging for quit sometime, and both Beo and blaze had not had much contact with anyone from the group since it began. He started wondering how Chris was faring, or Kez, and Greg. Blaze looked down to Beo, his eyes were drawing heavy even after all the training the two had been through this was much more intense, then any of that. Heavy fire power kept them from being able to return the fire, on top of that Blaze's left wing had been clipped by a bullet and could not fly at full speed.

"Blaze, we gotta keep fighting buddy, I know everyone else isn't quitting and nether can we, alright buddy?" Beo asked his companion as his frown turned into a fierce look of determination. Blaze looked back at Beo and roared shooting flames over there head. As the flame went overhead Beo saw a pidgeot flying over head and the pidgeot seemed to want them to follow, it was the only chance they had maybe it could lead them to others. Beo hopped onto to Blaze's back.

"Ok buddy lets go!" Beo shouted as the two took off after the Pidgeot quickly, as bullets wizzed past them. It was insane there were bullets flying from everysingle point and Blaze was doing his best to dodge them but he was running low on energy. "I didn't want to have to use you yet but I guess I have no choice, Wags come on out!" Beo said relasing his poliwag from it's pokeball.

"Wag poli wag" It shouted happily before realizing what was going on around him then he started quivering on Blaze's back.

"Hey Wags listen buddy you need to give Blaze some cover, I want you to start using bubble all around him ok boy?" Beo said frantically as trying to by Blaze some cover.

Meanwhile Blaze was doing his best to keep up with the Pidgeot as it lead them somewhere, hopefully to others. Wags started spraying it's bubble attack around Blaze giving him a bit of a cushion. Then Beo saw something that gave him hope, pidgeot had led them right to a ditch, and there were other members of the group in that ditch.

"Blaze land in there!" Beo shouted as Blaze took off darting for the ditch as Beo returned Wags to it's pokeball. As the two got nearer to the ditch a few bullets wizzed right there Blaze's already injured left wing, and the two went plummeting for the ground. Blaze wrapped Beo up in his arms and covered him with his wings as the two hit the snow hard right behind the ditch.

Beo crawled out from Blaze's grasp and dug himself out of the snow, he was alittle bit dizzy and his head hurt bad, but right now he had to get Blaze to safety. He returned him to his pokeball and then took off diving into the ditch as more fire wizzed by. When Beo crouched down in the ditch he found a very familar face.

"Chris!!" Beo shouted frantically.

(OOC: sorry if this isn't exactly what your looking for, I just needed to catch up and there was a bit of reading to do, if I need to change anything let me know!)

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Charlie was not yet fifteen and yet he had experienced somethings that not even those people twice his age would have been through.

"Fighting... it's always fighting", Charlie muttered under his breath as he searched the kitchen for another weapon. In truth normally a kitchen wouldn't be an armory for most soldiers, but the kitchen was all he knew.

"Dang they don't have one", he muttered again after cluttering through the small kitchen of the pokemon center where they recently stayed at and banging slightly on the counter with the bent frying pan.

"Father..." muttered with tears as he headed upstairs for his bag. As he nearly reached the top step he could feel the weights on him press hard. Life was cruel in these days and did Charlie have himself to blame? Why did he run away from his life as head chef? Why didn't he hand over Munch to his Grandparents? Why did he chase after The Uprising? Why did he follow them to Frosty Gorge? Why did he fall in love? Why did he make that promise? The promise to fight for lives other than his and grow stronger. Each question pressed hard against both his heart and morals. Tears couldn't help, but flow and he even begin to question himself and perhaps the own darkness that resided within his heart.

Charlie didn't quite know what to call that thing that got him to take that last step. It was something full of light. The wish that pokemon and humans could co-exist in the world, that Isabel would be cut from the burdens placed on, and altogether for that future; to make a difference.

From underneath all those tears a smile had emerged and he continued to dig around his bag for a momento from his father. The most destructive thing Charlie could wield, a pure old-fashioned iron frying pan. This was something in this era that not many people kept. It was too dangerous with how it conducts heat, too heavy, and impractical compared to modern day pans, but still this pan was dear to Charlie as it was dear to his father. Charlie swallowed his tears and pushed past the idea of using this dear momento as a weapon to kill and to stain the memories with murders. This pan was now to him a sacred weapon that would smite all enemies till his dream came true. A faint smile lit his face as he told the little lie to himself.

With the heavy pan trailing behind him, Charlie clanked down the stairs. He quickly made a sharp turn and rushed for the door. He swung it open and ran forward, right into something hard. More correctly a knee coming from a person, one that Charlie could never forget.

"So it's nice to see you Charlie. I still have the present from last time" the man responded coldly with a chill in his voice. Charlie could only stare in awe at the terrifying man.

OOC: There I started my little thing that will be my exit T.T

dc_united

Years
  • Yassan crouched in the ditch, his rifle lying forgotten beside him, as it was completely out of ammo. Whispering almost furtively to himself in his native tongue, he fumbled for Scyther's pokeball. Dimly, he knew that pokeballs could staunch injuries... temporarily, at least. Then again, with Scyther's injuries so extenisve, it was possible that he had expired inside. Finally, his trembling hands found purchase, and yanked the device off. He pressed the button, and Scyther materialized in the snow, pale, slightly blue, and shivering. Almost immediately, blood from the missing wing began pooling on the ground.
    "Hang on, Scyther." he murmured.
    "Hey! Does anyone have any medicine?!?"

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • It had been a while, and Greg was sure that King would be alright by now...

"King, come back here!" he said opening the pokeball.

"Nidoo!!" King grumbled, seeming lees phased by the wound on his tail.

"Good, you're OK. Use Sludge Bomb on the enemy lines!"

King faced the enemy and spewed a barrage of toxic lumps. If he aimed a little high, the would build up more speed and have a great impact on the ground. Greg could hear the first few explosions. It seemed to work pretty well.

Again, Greg leaned over the trench and fired the rifle he had - not seeming to aim properly. Then he felt a slight thud in the snow. On inspection, it turned out to be a Charizard lying curled up... before Beo emerged!

"Nice to see you again Beo!" Greg shouted over the noise. He noticed a spare shotgun lying half buried in the snow, "Here, use this!" he said tossing it to Beo.

"Hey! Does anyone have any medicine?!?" Greg lookjed and saw a Scyther with a severe injury.

After rummaging through his bag a little, Greg found a Hyper potion and a roll of bandage tape (or whatever you called the stuff). So far he didn't need the stuff...

"Heads up!" Greg called to Yassan, throwing him the items, "Hope it'll do."

Then came a whizzing noise... Greg peeked over the side and saw yet another helicopter. Hopefully that Tyranitar could take it out again, but just incase...

"King, get ready to use sludge bomb on that thing!" King looked up eyes focused.

Dammit! Where's Isabel? She'd have some sort of plan...

(OOC: Probably not much but hey, better than nothing :P)

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • "SH*T!" Chris cursed as he wacked the rifle with his hand as bullets flew over his head. The damn thing had jammed, and now it wouldn't even fire. Crouching to stay under the cover of the trench, he again slammed the rifle with his hand, but still nothing happened. "FML" he said, throwing the gun onto the ground and pulling a pistol off of his belt. It was lucky he picked it up when he did, he had a feeling he was going to need it.

"Totodile Toto!" Dile shouted pointing at the front wall of the trench, before shooting off another Ice Beam attack. Almost immediately after, Cedrik dug through right where Dile had pointed.

"Cedrik! You good?" Chris shouted, blindly firing a few shots over the bank.

"Slash Slash!" The Sandslash yelled to show he was ok.

"Right, Good Job. Now, work on making the trench better. OK?"

"Slash Sand." Cedrik said, immediately going back to digging.

Suddenly, Chris heard a frantic shout from further down the trench. "Chris!!"

Chris turned to see Beo and his Charizard, Blaze, crouching down in the ditch behind him. "Beo! Long time no see!" He flinched as another volley of bullets flew over their heads. "Excuse the lack of pleasantries, but we're kind of outnumbered here! Go check grab something that can help us out and have Blaze use Flamethrower as well!"

Almost as soon as Beo was gone, Chris shouted to everyone in the trench. "Keep up the fire! Just hold a little longer!" Suddenly, he heard an all too familiar noise. "Ah… Great." He looked up, and saw yet another helicopter flying at them. "Don't the PXS get tired of losing their helicopters?" Chris grinned as he pulled a Pokeball off of his belt. "Char! We need your help one more time" He threw the Pokeball up into the air, and a flash of red, the Charizard, was standing next to him.

"We haven't practiced this much yet, but I need you to try, Char. Use Blast Burn!"
    With a roar, Char complied, immediately taking to the sky. Once he was about even with the helicopter altitude-wise, he breathed in for a second, and then began to build up a tremendous amount of energy. After about 3 seconds of charging, he fired what looked like a really unimpressive stream fire at the helicopter. Chris grinded his teeth together. <Great… So it didn't work...>

Wow, was he wrong. As soon as the stream made contact with the helicopter, it expanded, enveloping the helicopter in constantly growing firestorm. Chris could swear he could feel the heat from there. About 5 seconds later, the fire faded away and the helicopter plummeted to the ground, causing a wave of snow when it impacted.

"Hell yeah! Nice shot, Char!" Chris cheered, doing a "Tiger Woods" celebration. Char turned, smiling for a moment before his wings seemed to give out, and he fell back to the ground. Thinking quickly, he pulled a Pokeball off of his belt.
    "Return!" Chris shot the Pokeball's retrieval beam at Char, bringing him back inches before he hit the ground.

"Great Job, Char. Take another rest." He said, placing the Pokeball back on his belt, then looking down the trench at Beo and Greg. "You think they're going to send any more, or do you think they've learned their lesson?"

(OOC: Postin b4 bed. gn)

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    "Beo! Long time no see!" Chris shouted as he flinched as another volley of bullets flew over their heads. "Excuse the lack of pleasantries, but we're kind of outnumbered here! Go check grab something that can help us out and have Blaze use Flamethrower as well!"

"No problem Chris, i'll go find a gun or something to help out!" Beo shouted as he took off down the ditch with Blaze still at his side. Beo then heard another shout coming from in front of him.

"Nice to see you again Beo!" Greg shouted over the noise. He noticed a spare shotgun lying half buried in the snow, "Here, use this!" Greg said tossing it to Beo. Beo grabbed the shotgun from the air and looked back to Greg.

"Thanks dude, this battle is insane!" Beo shouted back to him before moving a little further down the ditch. When the two finally found a good postion to take up there place Blaze was running low on energy, and was not in any condition to fly after the bullets had pierced his wings.

"Blaze, we have to keep fighting we made a promise to the uprising and pokemon trainers everywhere to fight this and were going to do it together!" He said to his best friend.

"Char-char-i-zard!!" Blaze shouted.

As the two got ready to fire, volleys of bullets flew over there head multiple times until every so often there was a slight pause in the firing, just enough for them to get some shots off.

"Blaze now flamethrower!" Beo shouted as Blaze started spitting fire towards the enemies, and Beo started firing off shots from his shot gun. The two then quickly ducked back into the ditch as shots started firing back at them.

"Ah we may need more help Blaze, come on out Wags!" Beo shouted releasing Wags from its pokeball.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back