• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Liberating the Katsu Region

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
Not long after walking down the pier, an arm slung around him, fingers tapping against his shoulder.

"That was a delightful little speech you gave, Chris. Trying to rally the troops, hmm?"

"It's good to see you too, Is." Chris laughed/sighed, returning the half hug from Isabel. "And I had to, considering somebody was late. But I suppose you can thank me later. Maybe with a-..."

No sooner had he spoke, another familiar voice emerged from behind them.

"Hi Isabel. I'm Paul, do you remember me?" No sooner had Paul spoke, Chris stopped walking and froze in his place. He and Paul hadn't left the last Uprising on the best of terms; something about Chris (accidentally) locking (freezing really) his Pokemon and supplies outside the gym in Frosty Gorge probably caused it. But what was he supposed to do? Let the PXS just walk right in and destroy them? Was it his fault he left his Pokemon behind? Then again, did he ever get them back?

They hadn't talked since the arguement, much less made up. A million thoughts shot through Chris's mind as Paul continued on. "I have a few things that I wanted to ask you, about survival and the plans and stuff." He continued, and then waited for a reply. Chris stayed quiet as well, clenching his fists and closing his eyes, not even turning around to look Paul in the eyes.

(OOC: Really wasn't sure what to post xD Guess this will have to do x3)

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
A horrible, painful screech ran through Greg's ears.

"Now that I have your attention…" Chris said, "Welcome to the Uprising. I'm Chris Eaton, 2nd in command of the Uprising."

"I'm sure you all have your own motives for being here; whether it's for reclaiming your homeland, a "greater good" or even just fate...However, I don't care about any of that. You are here, because you care for your Pokemon, all Pokemon, enough you will protect them from anything that will come your way. And not only that, you care for the people of this nation, and give them the right to have this bond you have with your Pokemon. This place, the Katsu region, is one of the greatest places to show this. I'm not going to lie, this place is tougher than anything you have or will ever face. But, trust both in your Pokemon and your fellow Uprising members, and we will destroy both the PXS and the government, and Katsu, and all the people and Pokemon in it, will once again have peace!"

Greg almost felt like clapping. However everyone else was devoid of any sort of energy.

"Now, our first stop is Chipper City, about 3 miles east of this port. Resistance to this place is at a minimum, as most of the fighting is taking place in the north, so use this time to learn everything you can about each other. However, already, we have probably gained a lot more suspicion in these last couple of hours then we have previously hoped…" Chris quickly scowled at Beo and Greg.

"Heh..." Greg muttered foolishly,

"…So, to avoid suspicion, we'll split up into two groups." Chris pointed at two of the recruits, "Issac, and Worry-Wooper (Shelia), you're with me. The rest of you, go with Beo and Greg." Chris glanced at the two senior members "Think you can handle that?"

Greg gave a thumbs up before turning to Beo, "Looks like we'll be in charge of a small bunch."

"We'll meet at the fountain in the town center tomorrow morning. Believe me, you can't miss it." Chris mumbled before continuing onwards, "Until then, try not to get yourselves killed. That's the last thing we need…" Chris scratched the back of his head before setting off down the pier, waving back.

"Good luck, and you two better hurry up."

"No worries." Greg said to himself. It was then that the boat with the remaining members finally arrived.

Liacri

moral support penguin
Years
The closer the boat had come to shore, the more excited Audrey had become. Now, as the ship slowly docked, Audrey was jumpy. Or maybe bouncy was more accurate. The very second the ship was secure at the dock, Sabey had been off. The leader of the Uprising had cut their conversation short, and Audrey had understood that, at least. Sabey did have to go lead it, after all. Tote bag swaying jauntily, Audrey skipped down the pier after her friend, humming a little, until a loud screech of sound tore at her ears. Halting her skipping and almost falling over again -- walking on land really was different from walking on a boat -- Audrey cocked her head to one side to listen.

"Now that I have your attention..." Audrey identified the voice just before it introduced itself. She grinned as Chris's voice went on. It was a pretty good speech, but "good" was the wrong word. "Encouraging?" "Exciting?" "Inspiring?" Maybe that was it. Having entirely missed the middle portion of his speech while seeking the correct adjective, Audrey paid attention long enough to hear that they were three miles west of Chipper City. No wonder the area had seemed familiar. She had thought they were close to home, but exactly where had been beyond her. Geography had never been her strong point. She missed the next part of his speech while trying to figure out her mental map of the Katsu region, then returned her attention long enough to hear that they were splitting into two groups, and they'd be meeting at the fountain in the morning.

Distracted once more by the mention of her hometown, Audrey didn't entirely realize what was going on until she saw Chris and Sabey talking, and someone else who she thought-but-wasn't-quite-sure she recognized from Frosty Gorge coming up to them. With a shrug (oh well, she'd find out who he was later, probably, and anyway, she had to go say hello to Chris), Audrey skipped up to them, entirely oblivious to Chris's discomfort around the young man. "Hi Chris!" she called in a sing-song tone, landing behind him and squeezing him tightly in greeting. "How've you been? I haven't seen you in ages!"

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Beo stood there listening to Chris sputter out his achievements since the Frosty Gorge incident, and he couldn't help but be impressed… A part of him wish he would have competed in the Johto League while he was there, because now who knows if he'll ever get another chance to do so.

Chris's speech was actually pretty inspiring, however Beo had a hard time listening to it because of the one thought that kept running through his mind since he left Johto.

"I wonder if I'll ever eat pizza again?" he said softly to himself wondering if Greg had heard that. However the next thing Chris said quickly caught Beo's attention.

"Heh..." Greg muttered foolishly.

"…So, to avoid suspicion, we'll split up into two groups." Chris pointed at two of the recruits, "Issac, and Worry-Wooper (Shelia), you're with me. The rest of you, go with Beo and Greg." Chris glanced at the two senior members "Think you can handle that?"

<Really?> Beo thought to himself before giving a nod to Chris and hearing Greg talk.

"Looks like we'll be in charge of a small bunch." Greg said as Beo wanted to say something sarcastic to him about pointing out the obvious but decided against it.

"We'll meet at the fountain in the town center tomorrow morning. Believe me, you can't miss it." Chris mumbled before continuing onwards, "Until then, try not to get yourselves killed. That's the last thing we need…" Chris scratched the back of his head before setting off down the pier, waving back.

"Good luck, and you two better hurry up."

"No worries." Greg said to himself. It was then that the boat with the remaining members finally arrived.

"Looks like the rest of the group is almost here" Beo said noticing Isabel who ran over to Chris from the start.

"Alright then anybody who is with me and Greg please follow us, we will apparently be your tour guides to Chipper City" Beo said looking over the group before continuing. "Now please keep your hands and feet inside the rides at all time, and do not feed the ducks" Beo said sarcastically trying to give the group a sense of humor… Because he knew eventually they'd need it.

(OOC: Ok then anybody who is going with Greg and me can continue from there!)

Years
"Don't be such a worry-wooper."
Sheila raised an eyebrow as Chris, Beo and the others seemed to totally shrug off her warning. It frustrated her to be immediately, and so casually, turned down; but instead of letting herself get in a huff about it, she simply shrugged her shoulders and let it roll off like water from a psyduck's back.

"Alright. If you say so," She replied cooly, though the other older Uprising members immediately continued their reunion without further notice to her for awhile. Sheila took on her usual posture; a hand on her left hip, which she slouched into, and then looked around at the other trainers and their faces. She took in their features, expressions, body language, and fashion sense as an attempt to familiarize herself with their characteristics. This she did until Chris started his speech.
Sheila twitched. Gligar had just shrieked; an ear-piercing sound. After the initial expression of "ugh," crossed her face, she smirked. Sheila couldn't help but admire a Pokemon with a screech that loud. It wasn't exactly discreet, though-- passerby also stopped to look before going on their way-- so she hoped that what the other trainers had said about this region being safe was true.
She listened intently to the speech, with a mixed expression. Sheila was obviously in support of everything that Chris said, but a flicker of wit was evident behind her smile. She was thinking that for Chris to just randomly assign everyone into groups, and make such a dramatic opening, it seemed like something out of the movies.
Then again, she reminded herself, putting a hand on her pocket full of Pokeballs-- this was no movie. This would be real. Game over was game over. There would be no retrys... and someone could get killed, if they weren't careful. But at least now she knew where they were going.

"Issac, and Worry-Wooper, you're with me."
Sheila chuckled. If she was going to be in a group with Chris, he was going to have to learn her name soon. She didn't get a chance to introduce herself properly, as he quickly became distracted, and the next thing she knew, an energetic, youthful looking fellow (though in truth, little did she know, he was a few years older than her) began to hyperactively throw a few sentences at her.

"So you are a newcomer, too? You seem to be. I like your tattoos." Isaac began, firing random sentences like a child on a sugar high. "Name's Isaac. What's yours?"
Sheila looked down at him (for her heels gave her just an extra bit of height above him,) recognizing him to be the same one who had muttered something about others being taller than him under his breath. Despite not knowing this young man very well, Sheila already felt a liking toward him-- enthusiasm was a valuable character trait to her, and he seemed open and friendly-- two more things that she enjoyed in company.
"Yep, I'm new-- glad I'm not the only one. And, why thank you." Sheila replied cheerfully. Quite the contrast to her earlier grumbling at the other trainers having their Pokemon loose.

"Pleased to meet you, Issac." Sheila nodded to him. For most people, it would have been befuddling to hear someone who looked like Sheila did speak so politely. A lot of folks she encountered expected her to sound totally gruff and like she was going to shank them for their lunch money. However, the truth was that Sheila enjoyed being polite-- both because it was her nature, pounded into her head since she had been a child, and also because it was fun to watch less open-minded people be startled when she was revealed to be a nice person.

Sheila shifted the weight from her left hip to her right, letting her arms relax. "You can call me Sheila: Sheila Gavrosh, if you want the whole thing. I like the earring," She stated, noting the silver hoop sported on one of his ears. It was then that Sheila noticed Chris beginning to leave.
"Oh-- you're with Chris too, right? He's leaving." She pointed out blankly, pivoting on one of her heels (an almost impressive feat) before beginning to stride after her new leader. She wasn't sure that he was really a leader, yet, but for now that was the title she gave him.

Her Pokemon stirred inside their containers. They were itching to stretch out, now more than ever, that they could hear interesting things going on around them.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Iago felt the boat slow down and eventually come to a stop next to a pier; bobbing up and down in the water, straining against its rope collar. He heard the people moving off the boat at the other end and on to the pier as he continued to meditate. Keeping calm was the surest way to survive. He listened further, hearing all the different ways the people walked; the quick pace of the new and excited versus the slow pace of those that were calmer, more veteran.

He flung his eyes open as a familiar person walked by; she had been the one who was at the front of the boat before him. The way she walked, it was of importance and in that instance Iago knew that this girl was the one to follow. He could feel something akin to aura radiating from her, it was strong, impenetrable but at the same time warm and comforting; the aura of a leader. As soon as she was passed his eyes flew open and in the same instance he grabbed the bar beside him, vaulting over the rail and landing softly behind her. The plank creaked as his weight fell on it but nothing more. People behind him gaped in awe as he landed in front of them but Iago did not care about any of them, "they are just mindless, faceless sheep" he thought.

Iago straightened up; brushing the dust that had settled on his clothes and followed the girl down the pier, keeping a safe distance so that he did not alert her to his 'stalking'. He focused intently on her; "Who is she? Why am I drawn to her?" Questions like this floated around in his head; all unanswered. Listening with intent, he heard her talk and knew exactly that she was the one in charge of the Uprising.

"Some of you go with those two over there," She said firmly, pointing towards two people at the head of a group that had gathered a few metres away, "The rest come with Chris and me." Iago watched as the girl walked over to another guy, hugging him in the process.

"This must be the one she called Chris"
he surmised and set off to join the group that had formed around the two. Iago's break came when another boy joined the group, walking straight towards her, "Hi Isabel. I'm Paul, do you remember me?"

"So her name is Isabel? She has to be the one the Uprising member had talked about; their leader and native of the Katsu Region."

He looked around at the people that had congregated around the two and noticed no faces that he could recognise – not that he was much of a socialite before coming here anyway.
"It looks like I am going to have to make some friends with some of the other members; but maybe I should wait until one approaches me." So Iago phased out, still listening to what was going on around him but retreating instead to the recesses of his mind where he so often lived. "Some of these people I could actually get on with, others might be more of a… hassle."

Mira

restless spirit
Years
It took Isabel a moment to realize just how foreign it seemed to be touching another human in a manner that was even the slightest bit affectionate. With the exception of the occasional hug-attack from Audrey, the time that she had last partook in a gesture like this could only practically be measured in years. The two continued walking, Isabel only half-hearing Chris's words as she fought against her revived instinct to pull away from him.

"Hi Isabel," said a familiar voice, before continuing. "I'm Paul, do you remember me? I have a few things that I wanted to ask you, about survival and the plans and stuff."

Chris stopped short, suddenly growing tense. She looked over at him only to find that he had his eyes closed tightly, obviously uncomfortable with the Uprising member's presence. A twinge of something unidentifiable stabbed her stomach for a moment, but quickly passed, leaving her feeling uncomfortable.

"Hi Chris!"

Why? was all Isabel managed before Audrey made impact, tightly gripping Chris from behind and coating them both in her insufferable peppiness.

"How've you been? I haven't seen you in ages!"

Isabel withdrew her arm from around Chris and stepped forward, turning around to face the small group. She quickly swept her eyes over Paul critically, filing away his physical changes and evaluating any new uses he appeared to possess. She cast Audrey a firm look and addressed the group:

"This isn't social hour. Obviously you may do as you please while we head to Chipper City, but if you somehow don't possess the ability to walk and speak at the same time, kindly save your useless jabbering for a later date."

Isabel turned sharply and continued East, intent on not wasting another moment until they arrived.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
""Hi Chris!"

Chris barely had time to react as the cheery voice snapped him out of his stupor. He didn't even have a chance to turn before he was enveloped in yet another hug. Although, this one was from the team's own ray of sunshine, Audrey.

"How've you been? I haven't seen you in ages!"

"Still as happy as ever, I see." Chris weakly laughed, cheeks turning a light red and his lungs almost devoid of all oxygen thanks to Audrey's hug. "I'd hug you back, but at the moment, I can't seem to breathe."

Suddenly, Isabel withdrew her arm from around Chris and stepped forward, turning around to face the small group. She cast Audrey a firm look and addressed the group:

"This isn't social hour. Obviously you may do as you please while we head to Chipper City, but if you somehow don't possess the ability to walk and speak at the same time, kindly save your useless jabbering for a later date."

Isabel turned sharply and walked ahead of the group, leaving Chris in a semi-confused state. Isabel seemed a little… callous, even if only for a second. Chris shook off the thought. It had been a long day already, and maybe fatigue was making everyone a little irritable. Glancing up at the Katsu sky, he let out a sigh. Still, they all had a long way to go.

"Right. Let's get going guys."

Liacri

moral support penguin
Years
"Still happy as ever, I see," Chris responded, giving a light, breathless laugh. His voice was oddly labored, confusing Audrey. "I'd hug you back, but at the moment, I can't seem to breathe."

"Ooh, right. Sorry!" That was it. Letting go of Chris, Audrey took a step back just as Isabel took a step forward. Receiving the hard expression directed her way, Audrey grinned back impishly.

"This isn't social hour," Isabel said firmly. "Obviously you may do as you please while we head to Chipper City, but if you somehow don't possess the ability to walk and speak at the same time, kindly save your useless jabbering for a later date."

Audrey pouted. She could walk and speak at the same time without any trouble at all, but somehow, she still felt that the words were pointed at her. Sabey needed to lighten up. Sure, this wasn't going to be a picnic in the park, but did she always have to be so...

Abruptly, Audrey stopped herself. She couldn't fault Sabey. Sabey was just... stressed. "Oh, I'm enjoying it, don't worry. I'm just a little... tired, y'know? All of this planning and recruiting... Just kind of takes its toll after a while." It would be fine. Everything would be fine. Maybe tomorrow things would be better. But even Audrey couldn't deny what she'd seen happening in Isabel over the three years traveling outside of their homeland.

Cutting off her thoughts, Audrey skipped after Isabel, poking Chris, trying to take her mind off things. "So, can you breathe now?"

Years
ooc: A super special awesome joint post from Rai and I! :3

bic:

Sheila followed after Chris when he called, straightening her posture to walk. She still kept a hand on her hip, however, letting her free arm swing idly back and forth like a pendulum.

Sheila glanced over the back of her shoulder, pausing a second to make sure that Issac was following her. Didn't want to leave someone behind on the first day, after all.

"You coming, kid?" She asked, well aware that he was probably older than she was.

"Kid? Me?" Isaac said confused, falling behind. He ran up, almost tripped over his own feet and caught up with Shelia, walking side by side. He had to take notably bigger steps to keep up. Despite his long legs, he was still short enough in comparison to Shelia that his stride was shorter. After some loud mumbling and struggling, he grunted and stared at the floor like a small, distressed and depressed child. "You just call me that 'cause I'm shorter than you...."

Sheila, who had returned her gaze ahead, blinked and looked back to Issac. She had, until now, been completely unaware that she had proverbially stepped on Issac's toes by calling him "kid." She raised an eyebrow. "Huh? Oh, no. Sorry, but you're wrong about that. I called you 'kid' because you're energetic. Term of endearment, yeah?" Sheila smiled at him, then looked back ahead toward where she was going.

"Endearment? Hopefully not like a little brother," Isaac called out, almost as if in protest. "I hope you are aware I am twenty-five." A notably long pause followed. "Even if I do act like I am little kid..." Isaac mumbled. He wasn't too proud of his immaturity. If he acted matured, he would admit he grew up and he was visibly not too happy with where his life was at the moment.

"Twenty-five? Oh! Pardone-may," Sheila said, clearly joking, though she did a little nod and close of the eyes in Issac's direction that, for her, was a sincere apology. "I didn't realize that I was in the presence of a superior." She smiled warmly, voice changing to a kind, serious one. "No, just playing with you. I assumed you were somewhere around there. I'm quite good at telling people's ages."
One of Sheila's feet twisted awkwardly, grinding on the ground a little before she picked it up again and continued pace as if nothing had happened. A rock had gotten under her heel; an irksome thing that often happened to anyone who wore high heels outdoors. "And again, the heels are what make me seem taller than you. You'll see," Sheila reminded.

"I hope you are right. It's embarrassing for the guy to be shorter," Isaac smirked.

There was a sort of long silence.

"So," Sheila said, after pausing awkwardly. She eyed Issac's earring, admiring it, though also seeming perplexed by something. "Hey, your earring...does it mean anything in particular? 'Cause, you know, I always forget which one means something, if you pierce it." Sheila scratched the back of her neck uneasily. "I've heard both that it's the left one, then I heard from someone else it was the right one. Care to fill me in?"

"Piercing? Whatcha talkin about?" Isaac asked, perplexed. He began fiddling with his nose, lips and ears and found the one she was probably talking about: the one in his right ear. After all, it was the only he had. At least for now. "I forget this exists. It's been so long since I got this thing. I am pretty sure I was...intoxicated....when I got it. I know it happened in my less glorious days when I was a bit of a punk," Isaac chuckled.

"A-ha," Sheila laughed softly. She had a hearty, jolly laugh, like you would expect from Santa Claus more than a young lady. "I'm afraid I'm still stuck smack-dab in the middle of those days...without the drink, though. Makes me sick, and not think straight. Punched a guy once,"

"Really? Damn. Are you trying to make me scared of you?" Isaac joked. "Now, what do you mean something?"

Sheila had been in the middle of cracking her knuckles with a false deranged smile on her face, in response to what Issac said about trying to scare her. However, before she could joke back, he asked about the something again. Sheila's cheeks colored slightly. This was one of those few things that she'd be embarrassed to explain.

"Ohgeez, really? Do I need to tell you?" She asked, laughing slightly and scratching the back of her neck again.
"Well," Sheila looked ahead and drew in a slight whistle-like breath, thinking. "They say that one ear being pierced-- depends on which ear it is-- means you, uh, prefer guys to girls, I guess you could say."
Sheila looked back at Issac carefully, to check if he got her drift. "I don't know which ear it is, though. Fail, right?"

"Oh, you mean if you pierce the one ear it would identify me as a homosexual?" Isaac asked, almost intelligently. An effort was made to make the statement appropriate despite his gut wanting to blurt out the first thing that came into his head. "Come to think of it, I have heard about it in my travels. Some people bothered me about it, but like you they gave out contradicting opinions on it. So even I don't know which one is which. As far I am concerned I am indeed a straight male. I got myself a girlfriend back home actually....well at least I think I do," Isaac said, losing confidence near the end.

"Ah-- you think you do? I would have thought you'd know for sure if you did," Sheila quipped. She was, as ever, oblivious to what wasn't nice to joke about; but was at least considerate enough to continue on in a way that probably wiped out the offense of her joke. "Either way, lucky girl, I'll try to help make sure you in particular don't get killed, because I would hate to hear how she'd feel about losing you."

"Thank you, but you may not have to waste your time. She wasn't too particularly happy about me coming here. I tried to leave on the best of terms, but I don't know...I got this weird feeling about it. It was really awkward. At least more than it should of been," he sighed.

"I see. That's really too bad," Sheila replied sympathetically, looking at Chris's back ahead of her as he lead the way. After a moment, she glanced back at Issac and added, "You know, I don't know you or her too well or anything. But maybe her being upset about you coming here is just a sign about how much she cares."

Sheila looked ahead, suddenly very serious. There was a deep, glazed over look to her eye for a moment, and she seemed lost in thought, though she continued to walk even so. Her heart seemed heavy; the confident cheer that she carried always suddenly seeming to break apart just enough to show a moment of sadness.
Then she shrugged, and the carefree nature came back. "I don't have anybody of my own, to argue with me about setting out to Katsu. But that's alright." Her expression brightened in a clearly forced kind of way. "My Pokemon keep me company, and I think they love me just about more than anyone else could."

"I find that hard to believe. The whole, not having significant other thing I mean. You seem like the one to reel lin all the boys," Isaac winked nudging her arm with his elbow. He was trying to be playful, but also sincere. Being depressed is something Isaac firmly believes is a waste of time. It's better to rub it off and move on. After all, the problem isn't going to fix itself.

Sheila laughed heartily. "Oh really? Thanks. Maybe I'm too busy trying to scare them to notice," She joked. put a hand on her pocket full of Pokemon, tapping it slightly.
"But, boy-- speaking of my Pokemon, they're going a little crazy." She stated, with a slight whistle. "One in particular. Probably Gible, the little spaz. He wants to run," Sheila smiled warmly, like a mother who was proud of a rowdy child.

"Gible? Is that one rare dragon from Sinnoh? I could never find one...I wanted to have a buddy for Draco. He gets bored with my current team."

"Sure is. I'm lucky enough to have two dragons... my little Lockjaw, and then Dragonair. Totally opposite personalities, they have, though. Hopefully you can meet them later. But...Draco?" Sheila asked, clearly interested. "What kind of Pokemon is he?"

"Draco's my Salamence. One of my first captures actually. He's an old timer or at least I think he is. Real mellow compared to his peers. He's bigger too. No idea why," Isaac said directly.

"Well, I can't wait to meet him!" Sheila exclaimed. She was very fond of Pokemon in general, but especially dragons. "Maybe our Pokemon can be introduced soon. I'm sure that my Dragonair would like to meet Draco-- she's shy around most Pokemon, but more comfortable than usual around other dragons. I was hoping someone else would have a dragon, as long as it didn't act too big and scary. Dragonair likes to make friends, you see, but is too scared to a lot of the time."

Isaac placed his hand on his chin and began to rub his long invisible beard: "Interesting. Well the good thing is that half the time Draco is sleeping. Old men need their sleep. As long as Dragonair doesn't challenge him to a fight, she should be fine. Luke, my Lucario, is a bit of a jerk but he ain't too bad once you get to him. Junior is exactly like me, so take that like as you will," Isaac chuckled. "Lara the Lapras is a sweetheart so Dragonair would probably love her, especially if Dragonair is a young one. Lara tends to be motherly. She even babys me. Flamberge....that is one I'd avoid. That...you know," Isaac shook violently, expressing the nature of his fiery Pokemon. "Ya don't wanna meet him."

Sheila laughed at Issac's shaking. "Oh dear, I'll keep that in mind. Sounds like Dragonair will be able to find some friends...and I'll be interesting to see how Lockjaw reacts to Flamberge." She pondered, considering how General and Marrow might react to the others of Issac's Pokemon. "My other Pokemon...not quite sure what they'll do. I've got with me General, my Blastoise. He's pretty arrogant, but as long as no one threatens his superiority, he's not too much to worry about. Dodou is a loudmouth, but likes to hide behind me while he makes a fuss; and my Nidoran, well, I think he's had bad experiences with people before I got him, so he takes awhile to warm up to anybody." Sheila sighed nostalgically, wondering if the unhealthy young woman who had given Nidoran to her was doing alright without her Pokemon.
"Last but not least," Sheila added, "My dear Marrow. Pretty much my bodyguard, and best friend. He's a tough guy, but once you get past his whole 'I'm gonna beat you up if you make me mad' attitude, he's really quite a teddy bear." Much like herself, actually.

"Your teams sounds a lot like mine. Well the personalities, I mean. Kinda scary. Well come on, let's catch up to Chris and annoy him," Isaac giggled like a small child. "OH CHRIS! WAIT FOR ME, DUDE!" Isaac yelled, hoping to his superior's attention.

Sheila just laughed, and hurried up as best as she could given her footwear.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
"So, can you breathe now?" Aubery poked Chris repeatedly as she skipped next to him.

"Yeah, now that somebody's not choking me." Chris laughed, putting his hands behind his head and ignoring the constant poking. "Arceus." Chris sighed "I'm really wanting a battle. Greg and Beo had one, and I know we couldn't have one here, but-" Chris was cut off, as a familiar voice called after him.

"OH CHRIS! WAIT FOR ME, DUDE!" Chris turned around to see Issac and the Worry-Wooper running towards him. Isacc looked like he was ready to tackle him, whereas the woman looked like she was about to break and ankle (Due to her high heels).

"Man…" Chris let out another sigh. <Is anyone in the Uprising normal? Wait… That would mean I'm->

"How's it going Issac?" Chris asked as the new recruit got closer.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Isaac found stopping a lot harder than going. Mostly mentally. He loved doing virtually anything, as experiencing new things (permitting they are interesting) provides one with newfound appreciation for the world.

However, this "theory" also applies to the physical plane. Isaac has a hard time to stop moving. He is like a juggernaut; an unstoppable force. From his sprint, Isaac struggling to slam the brakes upon seeing Chris react (with very little passion) to Isaac's overbearing call. After sliding across the ground, nearly melting his old pair of shoes, Isaac came to an almost complete spot. He was shaky on the recovery, waving his arms in order to keep his balance.

"How's it going Isaac?" Chris asked casually.

"I'm good," Isaac panted, still visibly exhausted. "I was just talking to the other rookie when I saw you with your old friends. She's pretty cool. She kinda reminds me of myself," Isaac whispered into Chris' ear directly. "Our Pokemon teams are pretty similar too, so thats cool. Bonded over our respect for Dragons," he added, nodding with confidence as re-adjusted his voice to a normal speaking manner. " On another note, who's that girl who's poking ya? Is she your girlfriend or something?" Isaac asked, pointing at the young woman standing next to Chris.

Liacri

moral support penguin
Years
"Yeah, now that somebody's not choking me," Chris responded, and Audrey grinned, continuing to prod him for no real reason. Even if he had minded, she wouldn't have noticed. He sighed, and Audrey, though she continued distractedly poking him, cocked her head to one side curiously. "Arceus. I'm really wanting a battle. Greg and Beo had one, and I know we couldn't have one here, but-"

"OH CHRIS! WAIT FOR ME, DUDE!" Audrey turned to see two people running toward them. She didn't recognize them, so they had to be either new recruits or old members of the new Uprising. That sounded wrong -- "old members of the new Uprising." But that was right, wasn't it? Because all the old members of the new Uprising were from after Shadow Valley, which was what Audrey had decided was the start of the new Uprising because that was when Sabey went and recruits a whole bunch of new people, and she didn't know any of the new people who had joined then, so that was the new Uprising. But this wasn't even that, because they had even newer people who'd joined after Frosty Gorge, who would have to be the new members of the new Uprising. So really, that would make this the new new Uprising.

Having entirely missed most of what the two young men had said to one another, Audrey came back to reality in time to realize that the two newcomers had caught up to them. Hearing the young man she didn't know ask Chris who she was, one finger extended in her direction, she left off poking Chris. "Yeah, we're friends!" she said, clearly oblivious to the real meaning of the question. Audrey continued speaking on the same breath as though she was trying to see how many words she could possibly cram into the space. "I don't think I've met you guys before. I'm Audrey, but you can call me by a nickname if you want; I really don't care. I'm used to it, 'cause my brother always calls me Aud or Auds or something like that. It's nice to meet you. What are your names?"

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Paul noticed the man, Paul though he should know his name but since he wasn't facing Paul it was kind of hard to guess who he was, who had been talking with Isabel tense as he spoke, but he though nothing of it. A young woman approached the man, who Paul vaguely remembered from Frosty Gorge.

"Hi Chris!" she sang in a jolly tone, she continued to speak but Paul wasn't listening to the rest of the conversation. Paul's mind went back again to that night, to the argument he had had in the gym when the doors had been frozen shut leaving him inside and all his Pokemon and belonging isolated outside.

It was Isabel that snapped him back to the real world, "This isn't social hour. Obviously you may do as you please while we head to Chipper City, but if you somehow don't possess the ability to walk and speak at the same time, kindly save your useless jabbering for a later date." It was kind of blunt and Paul sensed a hint of annoyance in her tone but it did the job, as Isabel turned to head towards Chipper City a crowd of people, that Paul had failed to notice gather round, followed her. As they headed east the crowd of people continued to chatter, I wouldn't be surprised is the whole south of Katsu knew we where here Paul thought to himself. As he walked he thought that it may be a good idea to get to know some of the newer members of the Uprising, although he wanted to avoid Chris for the time being. Looking round he came to realize that that would be hard to do for any long period of time since the largest group at the moment was congregated around Chris and the young woman that he had been talking to earlier. Paul decided that he may as well get it over and done with, a little unsure of what to say when he go there he headed over to Chris.

"Chris, you mind if we have a word?" Paul said glancing around at the people with Chris, trying his best to remember the faces of the two new members.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
((OOC: Sign-up in the OOC Thread. Will post here if Mira asks me to. I guess I'll meet y'all in town, and I got slightly carried away with this post.))

Sar couldn't believe that she was... back. Back in Katsu, a place that had once, when she was very little, been home. After that, it was just a place she lived in, a place she'd fought in, a place she'd almost died, and a place that she'd been carried out of while unconscious. And she'd never wanted to come back, but fate had other plans.

The captain that had been placed in charge of her had come up with what he had deemed was a bright idea. He'd heard of the struggle in Katsu, of the Pokemon extermination, and even of the last stand at Frosty Gorge - and he'd become a sympathiser to the Uprising and their cause, lamenting that he'd go himself if only he didn't have a job, a wife and two children. He'd also heard of Sar: a bit uppity, a bit arrogant, a bit too self-assured, even a bit too dedicated. She hadn't taken a day off since she'd joined, two and a half years before. When he then found out that Sar had originally come from the Katsu region, a lightbulb seemed to go off in his mind. He'd pulled a few strings and managed to get his idea approved by his superiors (who'd also heard of Sar and were glad to be able to be rid of her, if only temporarily) before finally approaching Sar with his idea.

His idea, which was that she went to Katsu for a "holiday" and, perhaps, if she felt like it, maybe joined the Uprising as a representative of the Johto police force.

She'd refused.

He'd threatened to take away her badge.

So now here she was, on a forced trip thinly masqueraded as a "vacation" and hoping that the seargent's information about the Uprising docking near Chipper City had been incorrect - for the Uprising's sake, as well as her own. If it had been that easy to discover their location, then the group was doomed to failure. A sergeant had explained that his niece had been a part of the resistance group and that she was where they got the information from, which was just as bad - you didn't blab everything you knew just because somebody you knew asked you to. Just because you trusted them, it didn't mean that the rest of the resistance did, nor did it mean he was worthy of their trust.

She sighed, checked her watch and leaned back to listen to the sounds of gurgling water. If she knew the Uprising - which she didn't, really - then she knew that they weren't exactly the most discreet group in the world. She was hoping they would prove her wrong and not show up in the middle of town in front of the very fountain that she was listening to. PXS may not have come to town just yet, but they would if they caught whiff of the little thorn in their side that had stayed there for over three years.

There was probably no need to wait outside - she could go to a restaurant or something and come back out when the town suddenly receives an influx in rowdy teenagers and one of them stirred up a disaster. At this thought, Sar had to restrain her policeman instinct which screamed at her to arrest them all for disrupting the...

She stopped. There was no peace here, not anymore. Even in a town like this where resistance was low, people were scared. They didn't want to have the wrath of PXS turned against them, and yet they loved the Pokemon. Fear, Sar knew, was a very strong motivator that growed with love, and humans were very weak creatures. If worst came to worst and the strong people were silenced quickly by PXS, this town would bow down to the government, because they'd have been smart enough to know that there was no way to win. And yet... a small band of utterly crazy, stupid teenagers had managed to fight with a government that had no qualms about killing them and had managed through sheer luck to come out of it alive.

Well, she'd had three bullet wounds, certainly, and had needed several blood transfusions, four days in a coma and another fortnight to get out of bed, but she'd been gloriously alive. So now she was back, going to mix it up with the same group again because otherwise she would lose her job, which had become her life. Well, the other policemen didn't know that she'd fought with the Uprising at Frosty Gorge because she never told them. Technically, she hadn't been part of the rebel group because their leader had dismissed her for her attitude, which was also kind of stupid. If you had a loose cannon, you didn't leave that loose cannon alone, you had to neutralise it so that it wasn't as much of a danger as it could otherwise have been. Besides, it didn't even matter all that much. The other teenagers had taken it for granted that she was another new recruit and had treated her as such. After all, she was a teenager with Pokemon, she had to be one of them.

It was extremely lucky for them that PXS was a large enough organisation to require uniforms. The Uprising could barely identify their leaders, let alone the recruits.

Well, she mused, at least my attitude's improved minutely. She'd learnt to take orders, and she'd learnt that orders weren't everything. Sometimes to do the job, you've got to think for yourself.

Last edited:
Years
"Is she your girlfriend or something?"
"Yeah, we're friends!"

Sheila caught up to Issac and the others just in time to hear this particular exchange of words, but missed out on hearing Issac tell Chris about her. She slowed her pace to a normal one once she stood evenly with the others.

"I don't think I've met you guys before. I'm Audrey, but you can call me by a nickname if you want; I really don't care. I'm used to it, 'cause my brother always calls me Aud or Auds or something like that. It's nice to meet you. What are your names?"

Sheila flicked a lock of pin-straight hair from her eyes and back into her bangs, where it belonged.
"Auds? That sounds fun. I think I'll stick with calling you that," Sheila quipped, smiling widely. It felt really good to be part of a particular group, even though she didn't know any of them too well yet. Sheila was gaining the suspicion that, for a secret organization, this party might end up feeling more like a family than just a mish-mosh of people.

"Name's Sheila." Sheila stated, with a nod toward Auds. She redirected her attention to Chris, giving him a raised-eyebrow look at a joke: "Not worry-wooper."

It was then that she noticed Paul, and she looked at him, waving her hand slightly with little enthusiasm, and yet in a way that seemed friendly. Just sort of aloof.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
Slinking away as Issac and Audrey started a rather cheery conversation, Chris was just glad nobody was poking or strangling him for the moment. But still, him and Audrey together? Chris scratched the back of his head, letting out a sigh.

<That Issac. He may be a little older than me, but acts like he's a lot younger.> Chris closed his eyes and let out a slight grin <Plus, he's a lot shorter.>

"Chris, you mind if we have a word?"

Opening his eyes, Chris saw the last person he wanted to see: Paul.
Chris stood there for a moment, unmoving, staring straight at Paul. Should he run? Paul wouldn't have approached him unless it was for what happened in Frosty Gorge. Or maybe he forgot and just wanted to say "hi"… and give Chris a million bucks and a new car. Chris looked past Paul, his eye catching a flash of his Gligar, Ryuu. Letting out a sigh of relief, knowing if anything went wrong, Ryuu would have his back.

"Yeah. Sure." Chris replied, a slight but friendly grin covering his face. He slowed down his pace so the others walked on ahead. After they were fairly out of earshot, Chris resumed his pace, and addressed Paul. "So What's up?"

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Three years. Three whole years. That's a long time," Ashi sighed. She looked down from Tobias, only to see water and a lot of it. Rather than take a boat, she thought it would most likely be easier -- and cheaper -- to take a Charizard then something as untrustworthy as a boat.

"Can you see any sign of it yet?" a voice yelled back up at her. Ashi looked down again, this time directly below. Looking back up at her was a boy on the back of a Blastoise. More precisely, it was her boy on the back of a Blastoise. Alastor Rigby smiled brightly, Scarlette, the Blastoise, making incredible speed through the water, rivaling Toby's speed in the air.

"Yeah, I can see the mainland. We should be there within the hour, if we make good speed," Ashi yelled back down, smiling back at him. An hour, most likely 45 minutes. If they ran into any trouble, probably double that. That would be too long.

"Well, we need to make more than good speed. Let's half that," Alastor slapped Scarlette's back. "Let's go, Scar. We need to get there as fast as possible. Show Toby who's boss!"

Scarlette roared and doubled her speed, charging foward, spraying the water wildly upwards. Toby roared back and followed her lead, beating his wings as fast as he could. Ashi laughed, like she always did when she was with Alastor. He made her feel good, and that was the best thing for her right now. With the speed they were making now, they would probably be there in 15 minutes or so. Hopefully, the others wouldn't have gone elsewhere by then.

---

Josh was clinging onto the back of Alex, the fresh, salt air blowing over his face. He hadn't been near the sea for a few years, so it was refreshing. Macbeth was on his head, snapping at the air that passed over, quacking at the Wingull that passed overhead. Macbeth had never seen the ocean before and he was enjoying it too. He loved water and the only water he had ever played in was baths, kitchen sinks and the odd river or stream. Before they took off, Macbeth had played in the shore and enjoyed it so much. He was sad to hear they couldn't stick around long enough to play again.

Josh was ashamed to say he had followed Sar to Katsu. As he landed on the edge of the beach, his brain told him he was sick and clingy but his heart and legs told him to just keep walking. Sar hadn't told him she was going to Katsu. In fact, she hadn't even told him she was moving away. Josh had only just noticed her leaving town in a taxi, her bags of stuff loaded in the trunk. Josh had acted without even thinking. He told the landlord he was leaving, quickly packed his stuff and left, taking air and following the taxi best he could. He had followed at a distance so he couldn't be seen, even waiting an hour for the ferry to Katsu to leave with Sar on it before he flew with Alex after it. His Pokémon thought he was crazy -- he probably was -- but there was something about that girl he just couldn't keep himself away from.

"Let's go, Macbeth," Josh said, pulling the Totodile to his head, off to search the town for her.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
((OOC: I'll just assume he finds her. :P That alright with you?))

It took a while for Sar to notice that she felt as though somebody were watching her. She opened her eyes and scanned the darkened world that her shades helped to create. They were something of a shield to keep the world out and away. It took a few more scans of the area to find the person who was watching her and when she did, her eyes widened in shock. The shock quickly morphed to concern and anger and she quickly stood and marched straight to him, mouth tight and eyes blazing behind her sunglasses. Not wanting to accost him in a public area, she pulled him into a narrow alleyway before whirling around to face him.

"What are you doing here, Josh?" she hissed, poking his chest. "I thought you were in Johto, so what the hell are you doing back in this Godforsaken place?"

It disarmed her when she noticed that he'd grown so much taller than she remembered. She'd seen him quite often over the past three years so she'd never really paid attention, but in that very narrow alleyway it was hard not to. It was then she realised that her hand was still wrapped around his arm and that she was so close to him that she could feel his warmth and it was very distracting. She didn't move away because that would feel like she was backing down and told herself that he did not smell nice.

It was fortunate that the lenses of her glasses were completely blacked-out from the outside so he couldn't see how much effort it took her to gather herself together again and force her brain to start working. When it did, though...

"You followed me, didn't you?" she said resignedly. Now it would be on her head if he got himself injured and she wasn't worth him getting himself killed over. She suddenly felt tired and had to resist the temptation to let her head drop to his chest. He was warm and she didn't want to imagine a world where that warmth didn't exist anymore.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
(oh god i am loving this love here)

"Um, no. I didn't follow you, I uh... yeah I did. I saw you leave! You didn't even tell me you were leaving. That's kind of depressing," Josh shrugged his shoulders. "I'm a big boy you know. I don't need protecting. I'm as old as you! I'm taller than you! Give me a break Sar, I'm not a cute little 17 year old who likes to run in front of bullets and stuff."

Macbeth climbed back up to Josh's head after almost falling off and grabbing his shoulder. Macbeth quacked a few times, happy to see Sar again. Macbeth liked Sar, she made Josh happy and when Josh was happy, Josh liked seeing others happy, including Macbeth.

"Oh, yeah, you think it's a good idea if I put Macbeth away?" Josh tapped Macbeth on the snout.

---

Ashi and Alastor had reached the mainland and were in the city now. Their Pokémon now returned, Ashi lead the way, pushing her way through the city as inconspicuously as she could. Alastor followed behind, hands in his pockets.

"So, do you know where they are?" Alastor asked her. Ashi turned around and shook her head.

"Nope. I only really remember a few. Isabel, Chris, some girl Josh liked, Audrey and some other faces. There were a lot of kids, I remember being kind of the oldest there. Felt weird," Ashi made a face, trying to remember others. "I think there was a... Paul? Pauline? Something."

"Well, it'll be good to see them, right? Newbies, Oldies. This'll be fun," Alastor kissed Ashi on the cheek. He could tell she was a little nervous. "Fun. And good to see all your old friends. Don't worry."

Back