• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "What are you listening to?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Smile From The Streets You Hold by John Frusciante.
    Easily the most emotional song I've ever heard. It's so powerful and deep that it made me even shed a tear the first time I've heard it.

Years
  • The "What are you listening to?" Thread

Idylla by Audioæneat!

An amazing post-rock song. It goes for 16 minutes and I don't get bored once. It's amazing. At first the speaking at the start/end put me off it a tiny bit but I got used to it. This was the first song I heard by the band; I had it playing in the background after a recommendation from a friend and shortly before the seven minute mark I payed closer attention to the song and when the drums changed at 6.54 my mind was blown. Amazing sound.​

hyperblast81

Thou who art Baylife
    Years
  • This isn't 'what I'm listening' rather, it's 'what I will be listening to soonish'. New All Shall Perish album, This is Where it Ends out today, from the preview, I think that none of the songs will be even close to bad.
    Now it's the waiting game on my preorder....

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I always happen to be listening to a Trivium song when I'm on this thread. Well, right now it's Into The Mouth of Hell We March- wonderful song, awesome solo's by Corey and Matt, straight shreddin'!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Little Dragon's new album Ritual Dream.

Synthpop, indie pop, trip-hop? I don't know, but I've been a fan of Little Dragon since I heard their second album Machine Dreams. I'd recommend to anyone that likes synthpop with female vocalists. Makes me think of La Roux if Elly was in her 30s, had black hair and had calmed down a lot.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Now Playing: Don't Dance - Simon Curtis

I got his latest album, "R∆," last night and am currently listening to it for the first time.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Pretty much the entirey of Björk's back-catalogue. Currently on Vespertine at the moment, which is fairly different to her previous work so far, but no less intriguing.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    Now Playing: Crush - Pendulum

Seriously, the drum beats in this song are gonna make me deaf, but I really don't care. :')

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    Now Playing: Olly Murs ft. Rizzle Kicks - Heart Skips a Beat.

The song of my summer, seriously.

Years
  • The "What are you listening to?" Thread

Where Do My Bluebird Fly? by The Tallest Man on Earth

The first time I listened to this guy his voice was so confronting. After a few listens, I grew to love it. The simplicity of the guitar and vocal melodies at first tricked me into thinking this was simple music - even now when I listen to Shallow Grave (the album this song is off) it takes me to a carefree, simple place - but the lyrics are both so simple and so profound at the same time. Compare part of the first verse (With all this fever in my mind / I could drown in your kerosene eyes / You're just a riddle in the sky) to the last verse (With all this fever in my mind / I could aim for your kerosene eyes / You're just a target in the sky) and you've got a perfect example of how well his lyrics convey emotion and meaning. A great song; without doubt the best on the album.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back