• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: The winning shirt design to be removed from Pokémon Sword and Shield

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
oof

since one word replies might still not be okay? i will also say, damn, that's harsh.
however, it makes sense that it has to be a new design and not just throwing in a design that hasn't been made for the game itself.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
It was definitely not one of my favorites so I'm personally not too upset, but it does suck for the artist since they just "self" plagiarized. I understand why Uniqlo did that though, if they wanted designs dedicated to their contest and brand. I think they could have bumped second place to first etc and selected a new third place in that case, or something like that so there's still a winner.

I'm still super excited for this collection though! I did not buy any shirts the first time they did Uniqlo x Pokemon (or it might have just been the Nintendo x Uniqlo line) since I walked by the shirts in the mall and felt like the quality was not that great, but since then I've purchased a few shirts from Uniqlo x Snoopy and Uniqlo x Sanrio, and the other day I looked at some of their Marvel shirts as well, and noted the quality and printing has improved vastly since, so I am really excited for these shirts. The designs are great, too, there are quite a few I have my eye on.

Back