• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The World Conference (World of PokéCommunity Chit Chat)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Might be something we'll have to look out for! But maybe some private polls will work, and of course we'd make sure to at the very least acknowledge and appreciate all the ideas put forward! :)

Private polls would probably help, yeah. Something I think would be cool is that users could submit "legends" that put together would make up the region's history -- who knows how wild it could get. Of course there would have to be general guidelines for it, but just imagine how fun it could be.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Private polls would probably help, yeah. Something I think would be cool is that users could submit "legends" that put together would make up the region's history -- who knows how wild it could get. Of course there would have to be general guidelines for it, but just imagine how fun it could be.

Definitely! With more people contributing I'd hope the lore is really diverse and interesting, and we can come up with ways to spin many ideas together.

Although that would probably be later down the line :) between towns, Pokemon, gyms etc. There will be so much to discuss and sort through! But I reckon as a team it'll be good fun :) and it gives people the option to drop in just to vote or pitch an idea if they're new to WOPC.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Backing community region idea but I think it should be fully interactable with other regions.

I think the fear that WoPC is becoming RPT2.0 is somewhat unfounded. The styles of story posts are highly variable and user-dependent in style only, not to mention like. We have news articles and interview segments and it can completely change up post to post. WPCNN has like eight different formats alone. Then you have Ceriah, based in PTU mechanics; a highly strategic regional game that needs no creative input really. Home, a Dwarf Fortress style thing (so im told). Heiwa and Auria, regional adventure systems prompting user content but not requiring it at all. Dúlra's CYOA storylines. Tervari's... iforgottheword style? The maps, spriting, hacking, art, programming.

What tends to be referred to as roleplay style is actually just like. Standard third person storytelling tbh. That's just what people tend to default to for anything. I just think we have so many differences and such freedom of variety that WoPC shouldn't really be identified as a secondary RPT. It's still unconventional.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Just a suggestion, can you guys extend the limit of the cities and separate them with the individual locations? New Saann has like 22 cities and a number of locations xD

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Guys, what do you think about removing the points, and the limitations completely?

Instead, we can do trophies / find pokemon badges/ trophies and award you guys for creative milestones.
    eg. if you guys complete your region's pokedex, you can get a trophy!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Guys, what do you think about removing the points, and the limitations completely?

Instead, we can do trophies / find pokemon badges/ trophies and award you guys for creative milestones.

Would also mean we would always be giving out awards, rather than just from events! :) So everyone can do things at their own pace, in their own order.

It would be nice to make some emblems for people who really help out other regions too, to show how much we appreciate their input and effort ^^.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Guys, what do you think about removing the points, and the limitations completely?

Would also mean we would always be giving out awards, rather than just from events! :) So everyone can do things at their own pace, in their own order.

It would be nice to make some emblems for people who really help out other regions too, to show how much we appreciate their input and effort ^^.

I'm all for removing the point system. I think it's already been pointed out that the way some regions already have a ton of points might be intimidating to potential new region owners and discouraging to those that have less... And adding fun emblems/trophies to win is always a plus!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • What do you guys think of a region where everyone - the community, gets involved in creating and development?

We can create polls to decide what to do with it (ie, name, pokemon, political status, etc). Sort of like a... choose our own adventure sort of thing where everyone is involved!

It really depends on how it's done. I don't think we want to see a second smaller sized World of PC jammed in a region, that's something that should be watched out for. But yeah, a region built by everyone sounds good, it may attract more people who want to do something but don't have the time to start an entire region themselves (and don't want to join somebody else's and have to surrender to the main ideas of the respective owner). In the current global event world leaders are gathering around a place where a Pokémon lives that can reshape the world and even make a region. Wouldn't that be the perfect spot for this? (Or were you planning to do that there anyway?)

Like I said a few posts back, I'm totally in for this idea. If people also are able to design trophies they can basically challenge others to get them, which should bring regions together in a friendly competitive spirit that doesn't limit creativity on the region.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • down w/ points
    down w/ limitations
    eh w/ emblems
    would def prefer trophies/medals/certificates/banners idk awarded that could be in a showcase in the OP of regions or smthn

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I'd like to say that if we're dropping the points system, a sort of "trophy room" would be worth investing in (as in an independent thread). That way everyone's trophies and emblems and certificates and whatnot can be viewed there.

A good idea. I could easily see someone being confused by the system and putting whichever trophies they feel like in their own threads otherwise.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hmm, I'd rather avoid an outright -HERE ARE ALL YOUR TROPHIES- thing, as it would be nice to reward individuals as well as regions. I think it might be better to have some kind of Trophy Catalogue and include hover-over text for people who have won it?

14263_0.png

Trophy of Awesome
    Being awesome earns you this trophy thingy.

Or maybe just update the thread with "X was awarded Y"?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Maybe a combination? So like the first post with the trophies and winners and then posts can be made in the thread announcing when someone/a region has won such an award?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • yeah my thought was that there would be an index of things you can win & things awarded to which regions, but individual regions can have a trophy room to display what theyve gotten

like post #1 is index of possibilities and posts
    then region owners can reserve posts for their trophy rooms
    which will be linked in the index
    and peter and shawn will post in this thread whenever someome wins a thing
    but region owners will be responsible for making their trophy room all pretty and updated

Years
  • I think, to replace the perks from points, that each trophy should have its own perk. For example,

X region earned Y trophy for defeating the raging legendary. Their Pokedex size has been expanded by 10.

Dunno if this was planned, but I think it would be nice.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I think part of the switch would be to get rid of perks as well- the limitations are rather difficult to work with. Maybe a reasonable cap of locations and dex size would be in the rules so as to not go wayyy overboard.

Back