• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
Years
  • i hated trying to catch latias. i got him down to 1 hp with false swipe and spammed ultra balls at him until he used struggle. This happened twice!!!
    i finally caught him the 3rd time after 20 balls.

I've used poision fang atleast 30 times with crobat. none of those times has the oponnent gotten poisoned!!

Catching Raikou with a pokeball. but that was cool so im fine XD

DragonxMaster

Dragon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2010
    my biggest Wtf moment was when I was trying for the pikachu event. After catching like 30 pikachus i was ready to give up and then i finally came across a one with (!!!) and I was like no way! and I caught it and I knew it had Volt tackle so I didnt look at it and then later when I did guess what it had....?

FLY!!!

and i found another (!!!) but I critical hit that one though. :(

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Flying pikachus haha that's a legit WTF pokemon

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • When Will's Slowbro walled my whole team.

First time I tried the Elite Four, I beat Will fairly easily and failed against Koga.

Second time...Slowbro stalled every single one of my Pokemon to death. >_>

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
  • Would've been more WTFery if it was Entei. ^^

I found an Entei on Route 34... IN THE WATER.

EDIT: Wow, that's happening to a lot of people, apparently. Another WTF moment I had was encountering Entei for the first time. Training my Dratini on Route 39... Then, as opposed to the regular Wild Battle theme, I hear Entei's song beginning. Needless to say, it caught me off guard.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
  • Surfing all the way to the fifth gym, then surfing back to olivine to look for the strength HM, then finding out they changed the Puzzle in the Fifth gym.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Another WTF moment for me would be when I froze the shiny gyarados but I couldn't catch him with great balls or ultra balls, so I just threw the only pokeball I had at him and caught him. He cost me a couple of thousand credits lol

OMG LOL.

it was takin' a dip, chillin' with it's bro's. APOSTROPHES.

I don't think there'll be a problem with your many apostrophes. Otherwise we'd all be slackin' and not workin' like we're supposed to. Apostrophe =]

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    I caught Suicune 1st try with a Dive ball full health, I LOL'D so hard ;)

StormerEcho

Battle Worthy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    My biggest wtf moment is really weird. I used Shadow Force of Bruno's Machamp and it uses Cross Chop and hits me. I'm still very confused!

Years
  • I was really expecting Whitney to be difficult especially with her Milk Drinking Rollouting Miltank (like in G/S/C). Turns out, she's not! And I was SOOOO frustrated why she was so easy to beat. There is no Nostalgia anymore. It's dead.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I left the Burned Tower and went back to get the apricorns on Route 37. I take them and I see Raikou. I throw a Quick Ball in haste, three times has it moved while full health and it broke out. Now, I used a Wobbuffet and I can't catch Raikou nor Entei at all.

Also, I encountered Entei while surfing up to the grass on Route 47.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    "Flying pikachus, oh my word!"
    hahahaha

I was really expecting Whitney to be difficult especially with her Milk Drinking Rollouting Miltank (like in G/S/C). Turns out, she's not! And I was SOOOO frustrated why she was so easy to beat. There is no Nostalgia anymore. It's dead.

Actually some people have found her to be just as hard. It really just depends on your team.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Biggest WTF moment:

-Training my imported IVed team on the route to the left of Ecruteak and find Raikou. Use Fast Ball and actually catch it. Side note: anyone else seem to find Raikou/Entei on that route right after releasing them from the Burned Tower?

StormerEcho

Battle Worthy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Biggest WTF moment:

-Training my imported IVed team on the route to the left of Ecruteak and find Raikou. Use Fast Ball and actually catch it. Side note: anyone else seem to find Raikou/Entei on that route right after releasing them from the Burned Tower?

YEah I had the same thing excepted with Entei on the route south of Ecruteak! I caught it with my fast ball, and after that I had no luck with Raikou!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I've only seen Entei, Raiko, and Latios in the water. What's with walking on water?!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back