• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
  • ^You're gonna have to forgive me because I too find this a little hard to believe. The legendary beasts only appear AFTER you go downstairs on the Burned Tower.
    i know this already and thats alright at least you were more polite. what i am saying is that it may have been some glitch or whatever. i do not know but i swear it happened. i'm sorry for causing this much trouble but i have had a long, stressful day you see. so this is just making it worse for me. I will keep playing the game over again to try to make it happen again so that i will have my proof.

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
  • i know this already and thats alright at least you were more polite. what i am saying is that it may have been some glitch or whatever. i do not know but i swear it happened. i'm sorry for causing this much trouble but i have had a long, stressful day you see. so this is just making it worse for me. I will keep playing the game over again to try to make it happen again so that i will have my proof.

Just... Chill. ;)

Like you said, it might have just been a glitch. But hey, you don't need to keep restarting just so you get proof. ;)

Last post for today. Sleepy time, 3:35 AM. ._.

Good morning night people. : D

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Trying to catch jynx had a WTF moment. The first one I saw died because Dewgong critical hit it with ice shard. Ugh dewgong is horrible for capturing pokemon lmao.

i know this already and thats alright at least you were more polite. what i am saying is that it may have been some glitch or whatever. i do not know but i swear it happened. i'm sorry for causing this much trouble but i have had a long, stressful day you see. so this is just making it worse for me. I will keep playing the game over again to try to make it happen again so that i will have my proof.

Nah you don't have to do that. It kinda sucks though since you couldn't catch it. You only get pokeballs after you visit Mr. Pokemon, go back, and all that beginning stuff.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    At the end of Victory Road all my Pokemon say "Is concerned about the trap" but I have no idea what they're talking about. :o

Psychic Nick

Ready to bend to my will?...
    Years
  • Two things:

First, Lyra keeps calling me and telling me how shocked she was that her Marill evolved into a Azumarill. At first I thought she was just dying her hair blond and getting forgetful. Then I saw her Marill again and figured it out.

SHE LIES.

Anywho...

So Im sleepy as all hades, and not thinking to clearly. I walk into the Indigo, store my HM criters, and forget to pull out my last two pokemon. So I walk into the E4 with just a four man team.

Mind you, my best and probably my favorite pokemon, Dracaria (Dragonair thats never getting evolved), Esper (Espeon), Dusk (My shiny Umbreon) and Fluffy (Fluffy is my Aggron. Yes, I named the most godzilla looking thing in all of pokemon Fluffy. Im a sick sick man.) Sad part was, I didnt realize it till I was fighting Will. Yet I somehow managed to survive.

Mind you, I know their good critters, I bread them. But I expected to have a few close calls and a lot of KOs on my end. Esper only got KOed Once by Lance's last freaking dragonite.

I did me happy dance and then fell asleep during the credits.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Lol I can't believe I'm posting this just now.

At the top of Sprout Tower...

iChill: Phew! That's the last of 'em... Now I just have to beat the Elder. Wait... who's that?! Is that imNoob? No wai! ._.

Elder: Bla bla...

imNoob: Bla bla!! *imNoob uses Escape Rope*

*iChill walks to Elder Li...*

Just as I was about to press A, I encountered a random Pokémon. AGAIN.

iChill: WTF? Not another Gastly?! ._.

It's NOT just another Gastly! It's... Shiiiiiiiny! *_*

And I had just 3 Pokéballs.

iRawr used Water Gun!

*throws Pokéball.. BOOM.* Got it!

: D
    Haha Nice!

Same thing happened with me and a shiny starly, only I had 4 great balls so it wasn't as bad

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I called Joey up, and we agreed on a rematch. He evolved his rattata AND he KO'd my swinub and jynx....WTF !

Anywho...

So Im sleepy as all hades, and not thinking to clearly. I walk into the Indigo, store my HM criters, and forget to pull out my last two pokemon. So I walk into the E4 with just a four man team.

Mind you, my best and probably my favorite pokemon, Dracaria (Dragonair thats never getting evolved), Esper (Espeon), Dusk (My shiny Umbreon) and Fluffy (Fluffy is my Aggron. Yes, I named the most godzilla looking thing in all of pokemon Fluffy. Im a sick sick man.) Sad part was, I didnt realize it till I was fighting Will. Yet I somehow managed to survive.

Mind you, I know their good critters, I bread them. But I expected to have a few close calls and a lot of KOs on my end. Esper only got KOed Once by Lance's last freaking dragonite.

I did me happy dance and then fell asleep during the credits.

this actually happened to me, except I lost to Karen's last pokemon, Houndoom.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2010
    me? probably the time i was just riding along on my bike, got a call from the day care man about my farfetched and eevee id put in the day care, and they had had an egg! AN EGG! i was like "WHAT THE HECK?! ARE THOSE TWO EVEN IN THE SAME EGG GROUP?!"

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Yesterday I decided to go catch Ho-oh on my Soul Silver. I fainted it once or twice by accident. Finally I got it down to little enough HP and I had it asleep. I had thrown a couple of Ultra Balls and I was in the midst of selecting one to throw when I turned to look at the TV when I looked back I was on the Pokedex screen for Ho-oh! XD It seems like whenever I don't try to hard top catch a legendary I end up catching it. XD

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2010
    me? probably the time i was just riding along on my bike, got a call from the day care man about my farfetched and eevee id put in the day care, and they had had an egg! AN EGG! i was like "WHAT THE HECK?! ARE THOSE TWO EVEN IN THE SAME EGG GROUP?!"

R3D

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"
    Years
  • When my ratatta took out morty's gengar, can you say...
    Spoiler:

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    My WTF moment was when i used a max repel in victory road and pokemon still appeared): :S

That's still possible. Repels only lower the wild encounter rate, not prevent encounters.

I built a device to give me Pokéwalker steps, and it's logged over 20,000 at this point, yet I can't get a Flying or Surfing Pikachu.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Kay, so Mewtwo (Level 70) was a piece of cake, got him in the red in 2 hits, didn't even worry about status conditions... just chucked ultra balls at him till he was caught... Ho-oh (Level 70) was next, even easier, one hit and it was down to red, took 3 ultra balls...

THEN HERE IS THE KICKER.

Articuno, Level 50, down to literally 1 HP (False Swipe) THEN, I decided to paralyze it... I used 76 Ultra Balls before it used struggle and died.

THEN, I re-loaded my save, wasn't even thinking and just threw an ultra ball at the start and caught it first throw, 100% HP...
    BNGUNUWNFP#*T()UI*GTEWQ(#HT(#*_@

Reflux

Reflux
    Years
  • I wasn't paying attention, so I threw out my Khangaskan (caught from pokewalker) against Morty, OHKO'd all his ghosty's with normal type moves (ie: Comet Punch, Fake out, Mega punch) I was like WTF!?!?! Then I figured out my Khangaskan's ability was Scrappy (enables normal moves to hit ghost types)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Biggest WTF moment would have to be me defeating Whitney in 3 Hyper Fangs from my Raticate. Normally I struggle with Whitney but my god I never expected that. Clefairy went down in 1 thanks to a critical hit, and Milktank went down in 2 thanks to a flinch...Was pretty proud of myself really lol

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • um yeah, I was fighting the Elite 4 for like the millionth time (original levels) and my Gyarados used Ice Fang on Aerodactyl and it left 1 hp left. I was like WTF YOU CAN BARELY SEE THAT! and guess what Lance decides to use a full restore.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    i went from the rocket hideout in mahogany town, all the way to the end of the dragon den, without saving..............put my DS on my desk while i nipped to the loo, heard a bang!! came running back, and my cat was on the desk, my DS was on the floor and the game had frozen!!. had to start back from mahogany town. >_<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back