• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I was raising a Gastly in order to evolve it and trade to someone for a Xatu in Pewter City. But, when I speak to it, Gastly has a heart over its head, so now I want to keep it even though I have one at level 100 in Platinum. XD I can't reject a Pokemon that loves me.

Years
    my biggest wtf that i can immediately think of was probably when i battled suicune. using false swipe i bropught it down to 1 hp, then with 52 ultra balls failed to catch it. i reset, false swiped.... and caught it on the first ball 0_0

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
    i go and visit newbark town. i walk out onto the route. i step in ONE piece of grass. "a wild ENTEI appeared"

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    lol i was going to Olivine from Ecrutek and Entei came out of the grass... my heart was betting fast so i used fast ball :D... it wobbled 3 times then broke :(... was actually thinking that i will catch Entei in that early stage :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    Well, my WTF moment was when I entered the first time to the Game Corner in the English HG version... The slot machines were not there only Mr.Game with his Voltorb Flip game and I thought that maybe I did something wrong and I got freaking scared but the worst thing was that I couldn't buy coins so I had to win a lot of times to get 9999 coins to get a porygon... -_-

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Well, my WTF moment was when I entered the first time to the Game Corner in the English HG version... The slot machines were not there only Mr.Game with his Voltorb Flip game and I thought that maybe I did something wrong and I got freaking scared but the worst thing was that I couldn't buy coins so I had to win a lot of times to get 9999 coins to get a porygon... -_-

That certainly is a WTF moment... agreed.

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
    Pokewalker.
    Yellow Forest.

I just got back from Florida today, and was shutting off my pokewalker while the attendant told me to turn EVERYTHING OFF on the plane.
    It was a common, one !, and I just threw a ball at it when it was at full health.

I caught it.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Meeting crasher wake in the Celadon Dpt. Store. He even gave 3 masks.

Hahaha WTF

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
    well i was just searching throught the trade WFC and i was just picking random pokemon to get and this pokemon came up a cradily, so i said yer why not then i gave her what she wanted then wen it came to me it was japanese shiny i was like YER SCORE SWEETA lol!

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    When I'm in "Rock Cave" and I encounter a lv 3 Golbat 0.0

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Meeting crasher wake in the Celadon Dpt. Store. He even gave 3 masks.

Hahaha WTF

This caught me off guard as well, Im tempted to check everywhere now to see if there are any other easter eggs

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    Versing a random Lv. 5 Rattata against my Level 55 Scyther with only 1 HP. lol,and it was my last Pokemon (as the last trainer absolutely bashed my Pokemon). I used False Swipe and my Rattata pwned me with Tackle. >_>

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Versing a random Lv. 5 Rattata against my Level 55 Scyther with only 1 HP. lol,and it was my last Pokemon (as the last trainer absolutely bashed my Pokemon). I used False Swipe and my Rattata pwned me with Tackle. >_>
    It sounds like that Rattata was..
    The "WTF" Moment Thread

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^OMFG rofl oh geez I can't stoP laughing.

Female swimmer just south of Pallet Town.

"I love bikinis. If there was an electric bikini, I would wear it all winter."

and yeah, I feel like searching for other nifty cameos like that =]

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    Okay so I am in the middle of going through the Ice Path right now. And I am leveling up my Staryu at the moment and I get in a fight with a Swinub. Now since Swinub is part Ice-Type I naturally assume that Surf won't do much damage to it right, wrong. I accidently hit it with a Surf attack and low and behold its super affective and would have knocked it out if it hadn't been for the endure.

Oh and now after playing through half the game everyone wants to battle me.

Later on I got to Blackthorn City and dropped by the Pokecenter to get my Pokemon healed. I am watching a show and not paying to much attention to what I assume is the normal spheal but happen to look down for one second. That's when I notice that she isn't saying her normal speal. I caught only the last part of her talking about something helping my Pokemon but its enough to make my brain realize that for the first time one of my Pokemon on my team Pokerus. Sure enough I pull up my team flip through it and low and behold my Staryu that I had been dilgently training has Pokerus.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back