• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
  • I beat my personal record at the Strength Pokéathlon. I fly to Mt. Silver. I train my team up a level. I heal up. I switch off.

Wait... DAMN!

Forgot to save. I always have this problem of mistaking heal for save! Why? I just don't know!

I went back and managed it all again, but it sucked having to do it twice.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
  • Falkner actually beat me, twice. After I'd already run through the Sprout Tower and trained on wild Pokemon. My level 19 Croconaw had to use a bunch of super potions and keep fighting until Pidgeotto ran out of PP for Roost. Also, this made me think "Woah, they made HGSS harder than the originals!" I got through the rest of the game with just my starter, never had to grind at all or even use TMs.

Illustration

ああああああああ
    Years
  • I found a shiny Hoothoot near the start of the game. It's funny because I already have two other shiny Hoothoot I caught in the wild, both raised into a shiny Noctowl.

There was also some trainer with a level 65 Magikarp around Route 13.

Safetyfirst

Chloe Moretz Fan
    Years
  • Doesnt sound that weird or WTFish but I wasnt expecting Bugsy to use Scyther first, then use a kakuna n metapod.

Also WTF at how did everyone find Whitney so hard?

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
  • I had a WTF moment when I saw moltres in Mt. Silver. With victory road and all I should be used him and his strange tast in positioning but I expected to see red and instead saw a giant fire bird.

hyperblast81

Thou who art Baylife
    Years
  • I just had a pet rodent/game fail of epic proportions

So Im doing some grinding before Pryce for no reason at all.....

I finally finish, beat his ***, finish the Team Rocket place, I get all the way to Clair, I have her down to her last pokemon......

My pet guinea pig decides to play a game of "Bite The Nipple" and YES I had a shirt on..... I drop my DS, teh cartridge falls out, I put him away before I kill him......

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
  • While exiting the Pal Park entrance with my recently and lovely migrated Charizard, I get a phonecall. It's Prof. Oak.

This is my first time getting a call from Professor Oak. I'm excited, especially since i just got done with my first catch show.
    At this point, I'm thinking,
    "WTF PROFESSOR OAK HOLY CRAP WHAT DID I DO! HAHAAHAHAHA I'M GONNA GET SOMETHING HAHAHA CUZ I MIGRATED MY POKEMON WOOHOO"

Prof. Oak says, "You've been catching a lot of Pokemon huh?"
    Prof. Oak hangs up.

Facepalm.

Last edited:

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • know that Prof Oak is stingy.

My WTF moment
    A jump from Lv64 to lv72 pokes, my pokemon get pwned
    me: What the f***? It makes no sense!!

Years
  • The fact that sometimes it used to take ages to get pineco using headbutt in old Silver, first random tree in Ilex in Soul Silver I got one.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I am always forgetting the WTF moments. although I have to say... stop phoning me people everytie I finish a pokeathlon .

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • Was battling Whitney and planned to stall out miltank with a LV18 Gastly. I used Curse, then Gastly was killed with STOMP! I was like, WTF?! I then realized Whitney's Milktank has an ability that lets it hit ghosts with Normal-Type moves.

Last edited:

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Yeah, Scrappy is when a normal type move can hit Ghost types. XD

I have another WTF moment,
    When the Ace Trainer in the trainer house said "its MATCH"!

:O

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    My WTF moment would be my pidgey KO'd all Frankler's pokemon without leaving some experience for my totodile. =(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back