• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The WTF Moment Thread

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
  • LOL I feel stupid now :P But usually I buy 15...so maybe it was because I just happened to buy 10 this time...weird xD

My WTF moment today: I remember when playing a normal playthrough I spent forever looking for a Murkrow.... now on my monotype playthrough when I can't use one I see no less than five going through Eterna Forest T__T Still caught one for use after the league, though.

Last edited:

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • my WTF moment was in HGSS. My Blissey used Minimize to increase her evasion to avoid physical attacks then a simple Stomp from an Aggron took her out. I was wondering how can Aggron use Stomp, it can't learn that on its own and how can that move deal so much damage despite not getting STAB. I looked up online and I found out Aggron learned Stomp as an Egg move and it doubles in power on minimized targets and Minimize's boosts doesn't affect that move's accuracy.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I had the biggest WTF moment of my Pokémon gaming history today [mostly at myself]

I still haven't set the clock back on my DS and earlier tonight when I was grinding, I caught Pokérus without even realising. So I saved my game and didn't come back to grind until 11.30pm. However the clock on my DS was half-past midnight. So just like Cinderella, my Pokérus was gone, never to be spread to my other Pokémon :( I hated myself so much in that moment :L

The only up-side is that I was grinding my Magikarp and usually I throw out another Pokémon to finish the battle, so both my Magikarp and my Buizel are benefitting now :D

What's also a major WTF in this is that the chance of PokéRus is even slimmer than a shiny, and I haven't encountered a Shiny since I played Gen II on their release :L

ShinyGyaradosisShiny

Just some Neckbeard who plays Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2020
    My WTF Moment is when I found a shiny tangela after two encounters at mt silver.. I didn't even encounter it before lol

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • *My WTF moment is in HG.

After you complete the Mr. Pokemon mission I ran into that red-haired boy, (who i later named Phoenix) I had a Totodile level 11. He had a Chikorita level 5. I thought it was in the bag. I kept missing, he kept critical-hitting.
    I lost that day. =.=

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
    Years
  • My wtf moment was when I tried to figure out Cynthia's spiritomb's weakness the harder way, spent 3 hours of my day fighting it with ALL my six pokemon and ALL their attacks to find out that Dark and Ghost types together equals Chuck Norris durability.

And I'm not even mentioning the Wallace's Mylotic event where I couldn't figure out why it withstood my attacks so well --'
    Darn you WonderScale!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    My WTF moment is when I used a Pokeball on Palkia at round one. And I caught it. And from that moment, I only use Pokeballs to catch legendary Pokemon. And before that, I was looking for a Male Starly (1 hour and I didn't) and I found a shiny bidoof.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    In Platinum,I caught an abra at the beginning of the game. Destroyed the Oreburg Gym easily. Went through Jublife to Enterna City. Out of laziness, i healed my pokemon with potions instead of going to the pokecenter(too much dialog). After beating Mars, again out of laziness i tried to use abra to teleport me to the pokecenter(too far from the windworks). It was the moment when i tapped the "A" button i realised that i did not heal in the Enterna City Pokecenter, abra teleported me straight back to Oreburg City.You would not believe how long i have spent on dashing back to Enterna.

Years
  • I agree, it does sound a bit like a 'quick fix' solution.Surely you can never be 100% absolutely certain that something won't go wrong.

Back