• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The WTF Moment Thread

Years
    Mine was in Platinum. I was in the Battle Hall, destroying anyone in my way with my extremely over-leveled Empoleon. I'm on my 97th or 98th battle, when someone sends out a freakin SHEDINJA! And I had no moves to counter the Wonder Guard ability. I have not stepped into the Battle Hall since that incident.

Shedninja was one in my team for diamond. Amazing.

.,:;'`Ghost`';:,.

Years
    Mine was something that used to annoy me daily ~~
    on Platin - I think it was in the ribbin house thing where you could get a kind of massage on the 2nd floor.
    The woman and the lift asks you, everytime, in which floor youd like to go. Weird question seeing as there is only floor 1 and 2. Youd think if youre on floor one and enter the lift.. it would be quite obvious that youd only want to go to floor 2.

Anyway - just for the fun of it.. i once asked her to take me to floor one. Her reaction "Um... are are on the first floor?"
    Why yes, exactly =o= so what are you asking me so stupidly D:

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
    Mine happened today in the morning...

So I finally decided to fight the E4 in Platinum, I made it to Cynthia, had no real items besides a bunch of MooMoo milks and one full restore. So I saved, fought her, got slaughtered, repeated the process like five times. Finally I got past her Garchomp and she sends out Lucario, which is much more annoying than Chomp. He kills my Giratina and Empoleon and Gliscor and I lose again. I decide to teach Giratina Psychic but I forget to save... so then I fight her, Garchomp kills me since I didn't get as lucky as last time. So then, I start again, and I think "Ehh screw this, after this round I'll just save after she beats me so that I can start fresh and gain a few levels or something...", and I decide to not teach Giratina Psychic again or teach Avalanche to Empoleon. and then... it happens. I manage to slaughter Garchomp and that portal thing I can't remember, and then she sends out Lucario... I forgot to put Psychic, and Lucario slaughtered me. I hated myself after.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Faced a Raticate with my Dragonair in the red, use Extremespeed and the Raticate KOs me with Sucker Punch. FML.

Duskwire

Battling since 1993~
    Years
    This has happened to me in almost every game, but you'd think they'd fix it by now..when you battle your rival, and you know his bird has Quick Attack and could kill you, but you sit there on red HP and kill him instead. Like, do these CP's have horrible programing or something?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So I'm sorta afraid rn lol.

HeartGold Pokewalker related btw: I have my pokewalker on mute, and I turned off the lights and it randomly started beeping a few times in a row and then sorta stopped (also nothing that'd cause it to beep) and I haven't been using it, so it shouldn't be dying... and the radio is also going on and off right now, it's creepy and like a scene out of the movie, but definitely something that made me WTF. XD

It could also be dying and I could just be paranoid but hey!

DiabloMask

Pokemon creator
    Years
    My WTF moment was when i reached Giratina in platinum, i had a small number of balls
    and couldn't catch it, i retried about 10 times, when i fought it for the 10th time i said it'll be tha last time, if i can't catch it i'll just kill it... and WTF!!
    i caught it using only one ultra ball!!! i even thought "was it destiny?! did
    Giratina choose me to be its trainer?" :P

The second WTF moment was when Gabite evolved, that time
    i didn't know it had a third evolution, and now Garchomp is one of my favorite pokemons.

My OMG!! moment... i by mistake released a level 60 Steelix while trying to transport it
    i reset the game to find out... it was a level 40 Onix before i saved the game!!

Last edited:

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
    Years
    The seriously overleveled gyms always make me wtf... How am I supposed to train my team to match the last gym's Pokemon when the highest level you can battle in the wild is around 25...? And then I train for about 15 minutes to get one level up - and then forget to save. Yeah. I'm pretty close to permanently boxing my HG, it annoys me in so many ways. Maybe it's just because Black was my first Pokemon game for years and kinda set the standards high.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    am I supposed to train my team to match the last gym's Pokemon when the highest level you can battle in the wild is around 25...?
    Rebattle trainers via the phone system, really. Mind you it'll take a good while to match the levels (especially with the strongest trainer in the game, ie not the last gym's Pokemon), although if you're talking the 8th gym leader and not the 16th then it shouldn't take you that long, nor really be necessary to be at the same level. I suppose though at that point it's a case of Your Mileage May Vary, as I preferred the extra challenge of not having your Pokemon be at the same level as my opponents every step of the way, and never found it necessary to win either.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    My WTF moment was when i knocked out a Shiny Mesprit in Platinum... <.<
    So epiic...

I've done something similar with a shiny Dialga on Platinum. I threw every since pokeball I had. No catch.
    Best part is that I mistaked "Cut" for "False Swipe". I lost it.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Butterfree used Sleep Powder!
    The Wild Heracross fell asleep!
    The Wild Heracross woke up!
    Wild Herracross used Fury Attack!

I mean is that even possible?

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    I was at my cousin's house. We were trading eggs of our Hoenn/Kanto Starters and were breeding them so we could finish the Pokedex by trading. I had HG and he had SS, and I had traded him a Master Ball (from my friend's AR) along with a Level 100 Staraptor that wouldn't obey him. I was helping him go Ditto Hunting and...... Battle Intro Music starts.
    I was like "Hang on, this isn't a Ditto." A wild ENTEI appeared! Go! OOZKIN(His Typhlosion)! I remembered that I HADN'T REMOVED THE MASTER BALL FROM STARAPTOR!!! I ran. I removed the Master Ball from Staraptor. A wild RAIKOU appeared! I used the Master Ball.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2011
    My WTF moment is ongoing... I'm trying to make a DD-Tyrannitar with Adamant nature, but I'd settle for Jolly. In the last 5 hours I've bred 56 larvitars and not a single one has had either an adamant or jolly nature. I did the math and there's ~a 1.23% chance of me not getting either of those 56 times in a row.

Back