• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The_Learner's RomBase

Do you like this base ???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Is this base just applying others' people bases, ASM routines and graphics into one rom? Looks like it. IMO, you should focus on actual hacking rather than making rombases that have already been done multiple times.

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • Is this base just applying others' people bases, ASM routines and graphics into one rom? Looks like it. IMO, you should focus on actual hacking rather than making rombases that have already been done multiple times.

Actually i am not using any other bases but yes i am inserting other peoples finds, I am trying to create a high point from where other hackers may tind it interesting and easier to hack..... as hackers nowdays search for a lot of features to include in their hack but couldnot insert due to lack of sufficient knowledge.....all I am trying to do is help with that.....because when i was trying to make my own hack i was also searching things but actually never found them.
    And hence started my own project :)

Years
  • Wait... so are all Gen 1 through Gen 6 pokemon in this base or...? You didn't really explain it all too well.

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • Wait... so are all Gen 1 through Gen 6 pokemon in this base or...? You didn't really explain it all too well.

Actually i havent added then in the version that is downloadable in the attachment....
    But i am working on that version in my computer.... i am still working to add new moves, abilities and pokemon.
    I will release v2 after U finish all these :)

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
    Years
  • Given how much new stuff you have added in this base (compared to that of other bases) I am excited over this base! I am actually using this base in my own hack!

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    what ini should i use to change the type name pointer should be g3hs ini or mrdollsteak ini?

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • Given how much new stuff you have added in this base (compared to that of other bases) I am excited over this base! I am actually using this base in my own hack!
    Whoa!
    thanks for the respect you are giving me by using my rom base :)
    But still this is not a good start point... I am still adding many new features that can even be more amazing :)
    still good luck for your project and once again thanks ^^

Nice ROMbase.
    Thanks for that ^^

what ini should i use to change the type name pointer should be g3hs ini or mrdollsteak ini?
    Actually you will see an .ini file in the same folder of G3HS....
    when you open my rombase a new entry will occur in that .ini file
    [0000] or [0001] or so on, but in rombase it will be "Fire red" or something similar then in that entry you will have to edit the type name :)
    not the mrdollsteak ini at all

Marky Vigoroth

Years
  • Whoa!
    thanks for the respect you are giving me by using my rom base :)
    But still this is not a good start point... I am still adding many new features that can even be more amazing :)
    still good luck for your project and once again thanks ^^

...okay; I trust your judgement. After all, you are the one who made this base. I shall stop. (My initial attempt at successfully repointing left things kaplooey, anyways, requiring a reboot that I never started.)

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • ...okay; I trust your judgement. After all, you are the one who made this base. I shall stop. (My initial attempt at successfully repointing left things kaplooey, anyways, requiring a reboot that I never started.)

Well if you are planning to make a hack with only gen 1-3 pokemon, moves and abilities then there are many features included in it :)

Marky Vigoroth

Years
  • Well if you are planning to make a hack with only gen 1-3 pokemon, moves and abilities then there are many features included in it :)
    That is half-true. My hack would have only a few post-3 Pokémon, but plenty of post-3 abilities and moves. In my hack, I actually plan on combining your base with Pokéfreak #890's 1020 base, that is, use Pokémon Game Editor in putting Pokémon from Pokéfreak #890's base in your base.

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • That is half-true. My hack would have only a few post-3 Pokémon, but plenty of post-3 abilities and moves. In my hack, I actually plan on combining your base with Pokéfreak #890's 1020 base, that is, use Pokémon Game Editor in putting Pokémon from Pokéfreak #890's base in your base.

We its hard work what you are describing..... and especially if you want more abilities mrds rom base is the perfect choice till now..... it has added moves and abilities :)
    But it wont then contain the features of my rombase....
    Combining two rombases are almost impossible as they conflict in data...

Years
  • But it wont then contain the features of my rombase....
    Combining two rombases are almost impossible as they conflict in data...

That's why we should move on to dynamic, open source 'patches', so you know exactly what's changed and don't have to worry about them using same space(bar hooks).

And I'm sorry, but all of the features present in your base are easily available stuff in either ASM Resource Thread or in their own respective threads. Applying them would take about 30 minutes while having a better control of where everything is inserted.

I'm not trying to discourage you from hacking, so don't take it the wrong way.

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • That's why we should move on to dynamic, open source 'patches', so you know exactly what's changed and don't have to worry about them using same space(bar hooks).

And I'm sorry, but all of the features present in your base are easily available stuff in either ASM Resource Thread or in their own respective threads. Applying them would take about 30 minutes while having a better control of where everything is inserted.

I'm not trying to discourage you from hacking, so don't take it the wrong way.

I am still working to add new features ......

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • Started working on adding gen 4-6 moves..... thanks to the move resource thread and all the people there ....
    progress (might be around 10-15%)

UPDATE: added around 60 moves from the move resource thread with proper animations and data... (description yet to be added) :)

UPDATE2: added some new evolution methods......
    Spoiler:
    And extended no of evolution per pokemon to 8 (especially for eevee) :)

Stay tuned for more tweeks :)

Last edited:

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • I managed to add a new system for repel..
    Thanks to the BW repel development thread though... all because of it I got the idea for this system....

to add this system I have edited one of the pre existing multi choices though...
    (the one with colour option like pink sepia etc)

SCREENS:
    3wikRfu.png
    Pk1lO2y.png
    ScAUqDb.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back