• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen There were to many legendaries in D P P

Sir Matt

Ultimate Trainer of Dragons
Years
  • Yeah, and I always wonder: Who made the Arceus egg?; What caused all that chaos in the birth of arceus? etc, and those probably wouldn't be boring legendaries like a so called "volcano spider"!l lol. All I want to say is you can never have too many legendaries, as long as they're interesting,original, and not sitting around doing nothing!

lostsoul5673

blahblahblahblahblahblahb lah
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    In later generations, I bet Nintendo/Gamefreak is going to make a Titan of Pokemon above Arceus, better than him. So yeah, they are going to probably do something about the storyline, about past legends with new legends.

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
  • But still, I mean, I wouldn't care if the volcano spider got a fleshed out backstory, 'cause it's still damn ugly and a disgrace to the past sweet and awesome looking legendaries.

Years
  • Well, if you compare it to the incredible amount of gods and godesses and other figures we've got in our own mythology, there really aren't that many. I mean, there are about a couple less than 40 legendaries in all as of now in Pokemon, which seems like a lot but really isn't XD

however, I see where you're coming from. There are quite a lot of legendaries in D/P/P, having it be more spread out would be nice too. That, and the legendaries do all seem to be following a pattern, basically either a sleeping giant sort or a see-it-once-then-chase-it-around-the-country sort without much type variation.
    Also. The insane amount of psychic-type legendaries! variety plz lol. I wanna see a Poison, Fighting, or Bug legendary (that works), ideally.

Yeah. If you count all forms as Deoxys as 1 pokemon, there are 35 different legendaries. I liked all of em.

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
  • I think all the legendaries on D/P are good but I also think that uxie should be electric, azelf should be water and mesprit should be fire that wouldve been cooler instead of three boring psychics XD.

Years
  • ^Lol, yeah, cuz there's no fun in psychics??? Psychics are plenty fun, but... yes, it would've been a LOT better if they were Fire, Water, and Electric.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Totally, and they all sucked except for Palkia and Dialga. Although I haven't seen Darkrai, Arcues, or Shaymin. Darkrai looks pretty awesome. But why were the trio of legendaries all psychic? They should be fire, ice and electric, like they were in the olden days.

dude, listen to what your saying! psychics are awsome! and fire, ice and electric? please give me a break!

Skullie

.∙:||º¿ωhäää?º|| :∙.
    Years
  • It kind of bugged me too, however, it just gives people that many more chances to get the legends. Thats the upside, but it has a sortof down side to it also. Irs sortof *just sort* of like cheating in its own way. I dont know quiet how to describe it.

masterfun101

Bow down, noobs.
    Years
  • I like them all,but your right there are 2 many.
    My faves are Palkia Rotom and Darikrai (Three new event pokemon. None from other regions!)
    31 legendaries in all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    I guess I just think legendaries are supposed to be rare (and not just in a one-of-a-kind way). They don't need to make so many legendaries. I would say that 10 legendaries that are available in every game plus a version mascot would be sufficient.
    For the 10, I'm saying it would be the same from generation to generation. That would work fine for me.

EDIT: And Rotom is just like Lapras in R/B/Y. Now that there's breeding, it's not one-of-a-kind.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Nintendo can have as many legendaries as they want i don't care. The annoying thing is most of them have no story the same story as all the others. They also need to have a varied array of types. I'm sure about 1/2 the legends now are psychic.

Years
  • Nintendo can have as many legendaries as they want i don't care. The annoying thing is most of them have no story the same story as all the others. They also need to have a varied array of types. I'm sure about 1/2 the legends now are psychic.
    Well, about 20-30 of the 35 have part Psychic in them. Only recently they took out the Psychic rubbish. Palkia, Dialga, Darkrai, etc. from D/P/P aren't Psychic so that's a good sign.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I miss the good old days when there were only five legendary Pokémon; Zapdos, Arcticuno, Moltress, Mewtwo, and Mew. It made them incredibly special!

Now, a legendary is no big deal at all. How many did you say there were in Diamond and Pearl? Fourteen?! I never actually counted them. That is way too many legendary Pokémon. I wish they would have toned it down a bit... but hey, I do like Heatran. :P

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
  • I'd rather have 5 awesome looking legendaries than 14 ugly ones and an even uglier volcano spider, that's all

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I actually like the legendary hunting, it gives you something to do after you beat the story. it felt like there was practically a whole second game in there between the old chateau, spring path, the branched path on victory road, and the battle island.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • The Legendarys need some backround and the type variation is appaling. Please, no more psycic type legendaries nintendo, and maybe a poison type for once. I also dislike the look of some legendaries like Heatran.He also doesn't have a story line. Most legendaries in D/P do not have a story line, it's just "Hey look, another legendary sitting around doing nothing. Lets catch it!" It just gets too boring. The chase around the region just got too tedious and, well, to do that twice, I couldn't be bothered and gave up. Then when they did show up it wasn't very exciting. If Nintendo wants the legendaries to be exciting, don't make as many of them, give them a story line and make them more fun to chase, or catch, maybe make a mission or quest you have to go on instead. Make some variety in it, don't make you do the same thing over and over again.

Last edited:

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
  • I love ubers.
    I've been collecting them and I think I'm missing 8.
    All the ubers from 2nd Gen, Shaymin and Acreus.

Back