• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen There's a long way up ahead- You want to rest?

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    In Black and White, there are many new types of trainers. Including Doctors and Nurses. These helpful people heal your Pokemon after beating them in a battle. They work like Mini-Pokemon Centers. After beating them, you can talk to them as many times as you want and they will heal your team. Their appearance allowed longer Caves and Routes, since you don't have to stop at a Pokemon Center than continue on that same route. They appear in many places, like right before Pinwheel Forest, Chargestone Cave, and Victory Road.

What do you think about Doctors and Nurses?
    Do you feel they were unneeded?

Discuss~

Yurusumaji

The Collector
    Years
    Considering how big some of the areas in BW are (Twist Mountain is a good example), I was really happy to see the Doctors and Nurses in the game. They're a great asset in places like Twist Mountain where you'll probably end up wandering around for 2 hours until you explore the whole thing and then go looking for the exit.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I love this idea. In other games I felt like I was bound to not exploring caves and such thoroughly because my Pokemon just couldn't take it; now I can pretty much explore anywhere with ease.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    lol omg I was planning on making this after the other one but then I was like "nah too much effort". XD

I love them, they make playing the game sooo much easier. Especially near Pinwheel where it's best to train there early on, so it was a great placement of a nurse rather than running all the way back to Nacrene.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Omg love those people. I thought there were too many of them at first but they are oh-so-convenient. :3

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    They are a big help to me. Whenever I see them I go "OMG ITS A DOCTOR/NURSE! VERY GOOD TIMING!", like literally! xD

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    OOh I love them SO MUCH!! even though i lost against one in twist mountain or something They make playing so much easier and traveling much more convenient and saves me a lot of cash :D Best.Trainers.Ever.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    Just another great addition that people tend to forget..B/W is full of those..I luv them and the one just outside pinwheel forest was very helpful..

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I really like them, they just make the game that little bit more accessible. It's never been enjoyable having to run back to the Pokemon Centre every 5 minutes.

Does anyone else agree though that with Poison not hurting Pokemon out-of-battle, and with healers dotted around in the middle of longer routes, it'll be much easier to Nuzlocke Black and White?

SeanTheOriginal

Serious trainer is serious
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    I think it's about time we have Out-Of-Center healing. When I was training before the E4, I did it right next to the doctor and it saved me SO much time. Anyone who thinks these doctors are bad hate saving time. And people who hate saving time are sadists.

Years
    I really like the Doctors and Nurses. They are very nice and very helpful! I really like using them to heal while I am exploring and training.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I really like the Doctors and Nurses. They are very nice and very helpful! I really like using them to heal while I am exploring and training.

Yeah, and even if my pokemon aren't hurt I like to heal anyway to replenish my moves. Soo useful. Though I wonder what they are randomly doing out in their uniform and everything XD Weird.

Years
    I loved the doctors and nurses! They helped me heaps throughout the game. Especially Victory Road and Pinwheel forest one. It was a bit annoying running back and forth while going through Pinwheel forest, but still thankful for her. The victory road one helped me when I was training up my Pokemon for the league :)

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    I love them, they helped me a bunch when I was grinding a bit in Pinwheel Forest, and they're still nice just in case I ever run out of potions, or all my Pokemon are low on health.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The Doctors and Nurses are useful to me because I don't have to backtrack to a Pokemon Center to heal while I'm grinding my Pokemon.

Back