• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Third Foot Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I'm sorry but I wasn't part of this. I merely wanted to reply to a thread I felt had merit for interesting discussion.

The point of CQ&F encompasses issues we see with moderation that could've been taken a different way. It offers suggestions to issues and it brings to light a different perspective on the choice of a action that I, as a member, didn't agree with. Why would you deem this thread as something that was unnecessary when it brings to light some valid points on something to keep in mind the next time something like this happens?

I never said there was anything wrong with this thread. I agreed with your point. All I disagreed with was some peoples' childish posts which lead to the thread getting locked, and then again with what was said about bringing your problems with certain mods to CQ&F. That is all I said.

I VM'd Shining Raichu my opinion, stated my justification for my post, and did not receive a reply. If I have FEEDBACK is this not the forum to post it in?

Maybe he had to go take a really long dump and you have no patience. Seriously.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I VM'd Shining Raichu my opinion, stated my justification for my post, and did not receive a reply. If I have FEEDBACK is this not the forum to post it in?

EDIT: Furthermore, I did not publicize any of my problems with specific people. I continued to state my own opinion.

cieux

banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2011
    This is a feedback section. If you want feedback to be private and not public, do not have a feedback forum. Having a feedback forum in this case is just a nuisance and bad organization on the staff's part. It is in no way a fault of the members. Why don't you tell the higher staff to delete this section?

I also feel that members should have the right to post in a way that addresses the situation publicly so that all members of the forum can see it. Surpressing public feedback is almost like regulating a nation's news channel and preventing spread of "defamatory" broadcasts. It is like running a corrupt nation, I think.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    No, you're supposed to PM/VM the moderator in question, and if that goes sour, you take it to hstaff. No need to publicize everything.

I would like to point out that I did in fact VM Shining Raichu within moments of the thread being locked. I tried to talk it out, was initially ignored by the staff member in question, and later continued to back my point up ever further. I was then given the time of day with a lacking answer, to which I replied again and still have not received an answer.

If a mod has an issue with public complaints, then he should rethink his position. With great power comes great responsibility.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • If you have a problem with my modding, you come to me. If you don't like the outcome of that, go to H-staff. As Sydian said, there is no need to make everything public.

There is also no rule about not coming here and discussing it with other moderators. I felt that perhaps coming to you, I would get the same "I think my decision is right" like I am getting here, and nothing would be addressed further. I didn't think you would actually take the time to consider my point of view and I also thought that the creator of the thread should get a chance to speak his.. her.. their? minds about the topic too.
    We're talking about 3 threads here, not just one.. and these 3 threads involved more than just me and you. That's why I thought it was completely fine to bring up the discussion here where not only me and you could have input. I figured that the others would want to have a say since they were the ones acting out and creating it.. so why deal with it separately when we can bring it all to one place?

Basically I agree with this:
    cieux said:
    This is a feedback section. If you want feedback to be private and not public, do not have a feedback forum. Having a feedback forum in this case is just a nuisance and bad organization on the staff's part. It is in no way a fault of the members. Why don't you tell the higher staff to delete this section?

It's just like like you may think my choice of action by doing this was wrong, but the fact that you voice it gives me a chance to explain my point of view and why I decided to do it this way. I just wanted to have proper consideration instead of being brushed aside.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Just a random observation, should a mod not actually give a reason for closing a thread? Neither of the final posts he made contained much of anything aside from what I thought were rather snarky remarks. If there's a problem with the conduct in the threads, I think just a light reminder for people to take the topic more seriously would have been the best course of action. If you want to close it, sure, but at least give a reason for closing the thread.

And yeah, a member can go to any one member of the staff, but this is probably one of the quicker ways to get the attention of the staff. Yes, she could have reported the thread, but there's also the fact that the threads were being deleted when she noticed the issue. (also adding to the fact that a member might feel their problem will just be brushed aside, and honestly, given the sort of replies those threads were closed with, it's not the most far fetched idea in the world)

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Okay, first off. Proper procedure has always been: if you have an issue with a moderator, talk to them first. If that resolves nothing, then take it to the higher staff. Under no circumstances is it EVER acceptable to publicly call out a moderator like this. How would you feel if someone had an issue with a decision you'd made at your job and then confronted you about it in front of everyone? Wouldn't you rather them call you into a private place and explain the situation one on one? Same concept here - you would never want to be publicly called out for a decision you'd made.

Secondly, Shining Raichu was well within his rights to lock the thread. The thread was presented as a blatantly obvious troll thread, and that was further reinforced by the replies to it. Any "good discussion" that could have come from it was invalidated by the manner in which the thread was handled, and had it not been locked, the thread would have continued down the same way. As moderator, he's expected to maintain order in his forum, which he did. Had the thread had serious replies, it likely would have stayed open.

Thirdly, when a thread is locked, you don't go making another identical thread. It's just going to get locked again, and further makes you look like a troll.

That said, Kura, I'm not denying that you have a legitimate concern, but it should have been PMed to Shining Raichu directly. He's a very reasonable person and I think he would have addressed it properly - whether he rethought his decision or not would be a different story, but I don't doubt he'd take your concerns into account and explain his point of view.

So if you have further concerns, please PM him rather than making a public thread.
    Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back