• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Meh everyone uses that as a reason. Yes, Gray was trademarked, but so was a lot of other game names that could suit a third game. Just cause it was trademarked doesn't mean that will be the name. It's kinda like... a backup, incase they do decide to use it, but not necessarily going to be the name.
    True but the fact that it was trademarked with Black and White makes it more likely to be Gray...

Pokémon Grey

Generation V
    Years
    Ehh I know Im like over 500 replies late about this, but here are just my thoughts.

Characters:
    New characters please :D every 3rd installment has to have new characters! Or returning characters from previous games. Like Steven. I would like to see him play a part in the Unova region. Also I want to know why the opposite gender of your character doesnt show up in the storyline. The more rivals there is, the more fun you will have playing the game. Oh yeah, change of outfits for the characters. But they do that in every 3rd installment so no need to worry.

We already saw Steven dude, we want to see Brendan or Wallace someone from Generation III
    or i wish we would see the opposite gender this time
    and the outfits are cool better than any of the other 4 generations

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I doubt Wallace or Brendan will appear, if Steven does, then a definite hint at RS remakes has been made. I don't think the opposite gender will appear, if there not in the main games, odds are they won't be in the 3rd. I want Gym rematches ;~; And a few extra areas to explore

Pokémon Grey

Generation V
    Years
    That's it. The proof that it will be Pokémon Gray. Guess your name is well-choosen :)

XD i removed the link of the quote cuz i still need another 12 posts
    and it's grey not gray but thanks anyway

I doubt Wallace or Brendan will appear, if Steven does, then a definite hint at RS remakes has been made. I don't think the opposite gender will appear, if there not in the main games, odds are they won't be in the 3rd. I want Gym rematches ;~; And a few extra areas to explore

We saw red in GSC & HGSS they may add Brendan
    however i agree on Gym Leader rematchs we need those
    and maybe a new Champion

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Crimson and Opal were also trademarked with Black and White (well, Crimson, yes, Opal I think at the same time), your point?
    First time Im hearing about this, well Ive been ignoring this trread. BUT anyways Im not to fond of Pokemon Gr(e)ay. I rather have it called Pokemon Crimson than that.

Also I have a question: Do we really need a 3rd game for Unova?

Its a dumb question I know, but still Im interested to what you guys think.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    First time Im hearing about this, well Ive been ignoring this trread. BUT anyways Im not to fond of Pokemon Gr(e)ay. I rather have it called Pokemon Crimson than that.

I think it'd be nice, because apparently there are a few technical issues which bring B/W back in some terms behind HG/SS, so a third game could bring it up to par, as in automated bike riding, touch screen used more, etc. Plus, more areas for everyone to explore probably!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I think it'd be nice, because apparently there are a few technical issues which bring B/W back in some terms behind HG/SS, so a third game could bring it up to par, as in automated bike riding, touch screen used more, etc. Plus, more areas for everyone to explore probably!
    Im really not aware of the issues yet, Im trying so hard not to look up the walkthroughs on youtube. But from the blind side it looks like a perfect game. But thats the exact same thing I said about Heartgold and Soulsilver and yet there were still some flaws that couldve been easily fixed. I guess I have to wait until I play Black so I cant get my final judgement.

I sound like Arceus 8D

NatureKeeper

I know Gray's a dummy name, but it is the only thing to do with Black and White.
    I even stated that in the video if anybody cared.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years

Meh everyone uses that as a reason. Yes, Grey was trademarked, but so was a lot of other game names that could suit a third game. Just cause it was trademarked doesn't mean that will be the name. It's kinda like... a backup, incase they do decide to use it, but not necessarily going to be the name.

They trademarked it, and Kyereyamu (or something like that) is gray. It could also be Pokémon Brown, because they trademarked it at the same time, however there isn't a brown legendary in B/W.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
    Years
    @pokewalker: Yes indeed. Grey, Kyurem as mascot (which also has both black, white and grey colors on it), these hints are really obvious imo.

The true speculations, as many members here have already realized, are about the extra content of the third game. Well, personally, I can
    t speculate anything else yet, as I don't want to spoil myself by playing B/W before I get it officially.

@GlitchCity: You could say that third games have become a tradition to pokemon gaming, and I see no reason for GF to break that tradition at the 5th gen.

NatureKeeper

I've updated the video with hints about Kyurem and linking videos at 1:00 exactly. Be sure to check.

The Red Chain

Not a dumb question at all! B&W don't need a third game, but the Pokemon franchise always proves to sell better with 3 in a set. B&W's already rocked the selling charts and sits up there all pretty on the top 10 best sellers for 2010, but with a 3rd game pushed in, it will rake in even more money for Nintendo and the related companies. Let's talk non-money reasons now. A 3rd game will open up all kinds of new opportunities in the Unova region and gives Game Freak a chance to get even more creative than they were with B&W. Seems impossible now, but just wait, they always manage somehow. And I'd like to see a 3rd game despite the lack of need for it.. I want to see what kind of new plot they make and what new features they will inevitably put in it. :3

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
    Years

I've updated the video with hints about Kyurem and linking videos at 1:00 exactly. Be sure to check.
    Yeah, this is something, but it's not a given. Even though I'm already sure about Kyurem, I don't think that you could do this same analogy to older third games (how many similarities does Rayquaza/Giratina had with Kyogre-Groudon/Palkia-Dialga BEFORE the franchise actually revealed them?

Austy

Cannibal
    Years

I'm gonna go out and say that the 3rd one should be purple. It said they had a trademark for that too... and purple is a combination of red and blue, like the original (as far as everywhere but Japan is concerned), and since black and white are supposed to sorta reinvent the journey like red and green (or blue) did. Probably not too likely, but I dunno, it makes sense to me XD.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years

Not a dumb question at all! B&W don't need a third game, but the Pokemon franchise always proves to sell better with 3 in a set. B&W's already rocked the selling charts and sits up there all pretty on the top 10 best sellers for 2010, but with a 3rd game pushed in, it will rake in even more money for Nintendo and the related companies. Let's talk non-money reasons now. A 3rd game will open up all kinds of new opportunities in the Unova region and gives Game Freak a chance to get even more creative than they were with B&W. Seems impossible now, but just wait, they always manage somehow. And I'd like to see a 3rd game despite the lack of need for it.. I want to see what kind of new plot they make and what new features they will inevitably put in it. :3
    Well nintendo is all about money, and dont get me wrong I would totally buy the 3rd installment. I know its a tradition to have a 3rd game but still. What more could they add that will enhance the storyline? Usually the 3rd game ties up the plot from the other versions. I guess they could add the option of capturing the opposite legendary of your game, or did what Platinum did and add a new demension, battle frontier, and a double battle with the champion. Arghh this is making my brain hurt D:

offtopic: also they could do the 5th generation what they did to the 3rd generation; after the 2 main games were released they went onto the remakes then came back to the 3rd game. Could the remakes be tied into the 3rd game? ooooo mysterious.

I'm gonna go out and say that the 3rd one should be purple. It said they had a trademark for that too... and purple is a combination of red and blue, like the original (as far as everywhere but Japan is concerned), and since black and white are supposed to sorta reinvent the journey like red and green (or blue) did. Probably not too likely, but I dunno, it makes sense to me XD.
    What a way to think outside the box :D

NatureKeeper

Yeah, this is something, but it's not a given. Even though I'm already sure about Kyurem, I don't think that you could do this same analogy to older third games (how many similarities does Rayquaza/Giratina had with Kyogre-Groudon/Palkia-Dialga BEFORE the franchise actually revealed them?

-Giratina had the same eyes as Dialga and Palkia, shares the same typing and move levels.

-They all start with DragonBreath and Scary Face
    -They all learn AuraSphere and many more moves at the same level.

-Rayquaza has these Hoenn... legendary tatoos or whatever.
    IE: They all learn Scary Face at Lv5.
    They all learn Ancient Power at Lv45
    And more.

@Austy

That was random...
    But what does Purple has to do with B&W?
    Thinks of Genosect.... Just plain Rofl.

Last edited:

twindelphine

Pokemon Meister
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    There's too many speculations that I could read at the moment, so I'll go ahead to post my speculations for the tentative 3rd Gen V game:

1. Legendary Pokemon storyline involving the 2 heroes of Sinnoh that control Zekrom & Reishiram
    2. Combination of Zekrom & Reishiram into ancient Pokemon of the Sinnoh legend.
    3. Expanded storyline for all other trio legendaries

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    There's too many speculations that I could read at the moment, so I'll go ahead to post my speculations for the tentative 3rd Gen V game:

1. Legendary Pokemon storyline involving the 2 heroes of Sinnoh that control Zekrom & Reishiram
    2. Combination of Zekrom & Reishiram into ancient Pokemon of the Sinnoh legend.
    3. Expanded storyline for all other trio legendaries
    You mean Unova right? Sinnoh was last gen
    I think it's going to be Kyurem as the third version Mascot
    Off topic:Hey Noticed that Rayquaza and Giratina initials together are RG like the first games in japan...too bad Kyurem ruins the RGB initials...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    You mean Unova right? Sinnoh was last gen
    I think it's going to be Kyurem as the third version Mascot
    Off topic:Hey Noticed that Rayquaza and Giratina initials together are RG like the first games in japan...too bad Kyurem ruins the RGB initials...
    Speaking of Kyurem, it doesnt seem qualified to be the mascot of the 3rd game. Yes I know it completes the Dragon Trio, but I dont see anything special about it. The only thing I can think of is add a "new forme" like they did with Giratina in Platinum. Also have you noticed that this is the second dragon trio? Its weird I know xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back