• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Here's my crazy wild mass guess that came to mind one day before going to church. Herpa Derp I be thinkin' 'bout Arceus while learning about God.

There will be two expansion games in the GENV era, just as GENI had two expansion games, bringing the total count of GENV games to four. One of these games will be an enhanced version ( the same as what Pokemon Blue was to RG ), the other will be a "special edition" ( the same as what Pokemon Yellow was to RG ) of some sort.

The names for these game will be Pokemon Cyan and Pokemon Magenta. If we go by the current pattern of putting the version mascots on the opposite colored version box, Kyurem would be the mascot of Pokemon Magenta and Genesect the mascot of Pokemon Cyan.

Now, why would they name the games Pokemon Cyan and Pokemon Magenta? Well, it's simple ( or maybe no not really. I was sleep-deprived when I thought of this ): we already have Pokemon
    Red, Green, and Blue; i.e. the acronym for the color model used in media: RGB. We also have Pokemon Yellow and Black, the last two letters of the acronym for the color model used in printing: CMYK. ( "K" represents black jsyk ). The only thing missing now is...... dun dun duuun! Pokemon Cyan and Magenta!

And if you're wondering where ( Pokemon ) White comes from, when red, green, and blue light is combined white light is created as the result. It is also worth noting two other things.

1.) RGB also makes the colors cyan, magenta, and yellow ( and, as stated above, the color white ). See this for an example.
    2.) The colors cyan, magenta, and yellow make red, blue, and green, as well as the color black. See this for an example.

/end WMG

Pokemon Gre/ay is pretty cool, too. It sounds better than Cyan and Magenta. :P I just hope Kyurem gets a second form or something.

Opticgoo

Ignorance is my best friend.
    Years
    Yeah, I meant Kerudio being the mascot for Grey.
    I think Randorosu is going to be heavily focused in the storyline, not the mascot, but that's just me.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Here's my crazy wild mass guess that came to mind one day before going to church. Herpa Derp I be thinkin' 'bout Arceus while learning about God.

There will be two expansion games in the GENV era, just as GENI had two expansion games, bringing the total count of GENV games to four. One of these games will be an enhanced version ( the same as what Pokemon Blue was to RG ), the other will be a "special edition" ( the same as what Pokemon Yellow was to RG ) of some sort.

The names for these game will be Pokemon Cyan and Pokemon Magenta. If we go by the current pattern of putting the version mascots on the opposite colored version box, Kyurem would be the mascot of Pokemon Magenta and Genesect the mascot of Pokemon Cyan.

Now, why would they name the games Pokemon Cyan and Pokemon Magenta? Well, it's simple ( or maybe no not really. I was sleep-deprived when I thought of this ): we already have Pokemon
    Red, Green, and Blue; i.e. the acronym for the color model used in media: RGB. We also have Pokemon Yellow and Black, the last two letters of the acronym for the color model used in printing: CMYK. ( "K" represents black jsyk ). The only thing missing now is...... dun dun duuun! Pokemon Cyan and Magenta!

And if you're wondering where ( Pokemon ) White comes from, when red, green, and blue light is combined white light is created as the result. It is also worth noting two other things.

1.) RGB also makes the colors cyan, magenta, and yellow ( and, as stated above, the color white ). See this for an example.
    2.) The colors cyan, magenta, and yellow make red, blue, and green, as well as the color black. See this for an example.

/end WMG

Pokemon Gre/ay is pretty cool, too. It sounds better than Cyan and Magenta. :P I just hope Kyurem gets a second form or something.

Nice mass guessing also those colors remind me of the Lake trio in Sinnoh...but than again so does the item "God Stone"...which is most likely going to belong to Kyurem...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I think Randorosu, Borutorosu, and Torunerosu are going to be highly involved in the third game, along with the other trio.
    I'd like for it to be called Gray, it sounds simple =]
    100% agreed on the first statement. I will not be too fond of the 3rd game being called "Gray". Yes I know I am completely outnumbered here, but who knows, gamefreak has been known to come up with suprises. But would you be shocked or disappointed if they didnt decide to go with "Pokemon Gray". Either way Im going to end up buying it regardless of what name they choose.

Now that I think about it, the small things of the 3rd installment is what makes the game more enjoyable.
    -new battle animations: maybe the entire pokemon sprite will move when it is attacking; like not have charizard spit a flamethrower from its belly :3

-new areas: white forest, black city, (something something), battle frontier subway? I cant think of anything to expand that area

-new characters: hey what happened to N's mother? Where did the opposite player from the gender menu go? Does Adeku have a kid? Can we get Lance to show up out of no where just for the fun of it?

-new music: Can we get 2 versions of the rival music for Belle and Cheren?

-more battles: Gym leader rematches anyone? And more combo attacks, its good to experiment :D

Opticgoo

Years
    100% agreed on the first statement. I will not be too fond of the 3rd game being called "Gray". Yes I know I am completely outnumbered here, but who knows, gamefreak has been known to come up with suprises. But would you be shocked or disappointed if they didnt decide to go with "Pokemon Gray". Either way Im going to end up buying it regardless of what name they choose.

Now that I think about it, the small things of the 3rd installment is what makes the game more enjoyable.
    -new battle animations: maybe the entire pokemon sprite will move when it is attacking; like not have charizard spit a flamethrower from its belly :3

-new areas: white forest, black city, (something something), battle frontier subway? I cant think of anything to expand that area

-new characters: hey what happened to N's mother? Where did the opposite player from the gender menu go? Does Adeku have a kid? Can we get Lance to show up out of no where just for the fun of it?

-new music: Can we get 2 versions of the rival music for Belle and Cheren?

-more battles: Gym leader rematches anyone? And more combo attacks, its good to experiment :D

I wouldn't be disappointed with another name apart from Gray, Gray is just the only name that seems to work atm that I've heard so I just took from that. And it sounds simple and good =]

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I wouldn't be surprised if the third game would be called something apart from Gray, apart from even Opal. I think that the idea that Gray and Opal came up is that they have some sort of resemblance to Black and White, but look at this closely. Think Red, Blue and Yellow. As far as I know, if you combine Red and Blue, wouldn't you get something like Green? Green version was certain out in Japan(the one Pokemon game that didn't come out in USA, and I don't think it will ever, especially knowing how old it is), but think like, America, Australia, things like that. I don't think the third version's name would relate that much to the first two, but that's just me.

I'm just speculating that "Gray" and "Opal" or whatever related colors is what GF + Nintendo wants us to think, and then they completely surprise everybody with a completely different name that wasn't expected. I mean, I'm sure when D/P came out, Platinum wasn't the first thing that came to everyone's minds? I'm sure everyone was thinking of whatever was related to Diamonds and Pearls, but Platinum was probably far from me. xDD

So yeah, my two cents.

Opal was what I originally thought and I...wrote up some big tl;dr in the old third game name thread. XD If Kyurem is the main legendary, then it'd have to be something at least similar to it in colour.

Like Yellow = Pikachu, Crystal = Suicune, Emerald = Rayquaza, Platinum = Giratina. Those colours/...whatever Platinum is, relate to the colour schemes of the Pokemon. So really, Grey/Opal is the only thing I see fitting. Plus there's the fact that Opal is meant to be a rainbow of colour or something, idk, so that could work too.

B/W forum > B/W/G or B/W/O though. D: Or! B/W&C. BWC. Hmmm okay Crimson could work. XD

The Red Chain

I actually prefer Pokemon Opal over Pokemon Gray. It sounds way more appealing and less.. dreary and depressing..
    Black and White are fine but Gray is just so.. ;~;

Opal is also preferred as a name because of the prism-like qualities the gemstone has. To start with such simple and plain pigments like black and white and then to go suddenly rainbow in the third version's title would be one awesome twist! One of my friends wanted the third version to be called Rainbow version actually, but Opal sounds more Pokemon-friendly to me. XD

Awww man I know I'm gonna be sad for a bit if they go with Gray especially since you guys brought up Opal. D:

Edit ; I thought of this last night but it was too late cause my computer was shutting off so here it is now haha.
    White is all colors of the rainbow they say, and black is white's only true counterpart. Black and white together create the pigment gray, so with that, Opal actually fits in a logical sense as well!

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I remember when this website, though untrustworthy, showed fan-art of what an "insider" I think, said Reshiram and Zekrom's counterpart would look like. It looked like an Ice type and it also had three heads. After Kyurem was revealed, the drawing disregarded. However, this has me thinking, if Reshiram and Zekrom were one Pokemon, they'd have one head each, then the last head, the middle one, would be Kyurem. The Boundary Pokemon, keeping the two apart. So when Reshiram and Zekrom got separated, it Kyurem was left behind. but maybe the God Stone can return it to the three headed forme.

Post I'm talking about. Kyurem's wings could be from were Reshiram and Zekrom broke off.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Maybe it's just me, but Kyerem doesn't seem like a great mascot pokemon. Not like Giratina was...Unless it has a new form in the third version.

I suppose that's just personal opinion though.

Opticgoo

Years
    Maybe it's just me, but Kyerem doesn't seem like a great mascot pokemon. Not like Giratina was...Unless it has a new form in the third version.

I disagree, a lot of people are already riding the Kyuremu bandwagon and have made it there favourites, like people were doing with Palkia and Dialga, it's also a solid Pokemon, and atm, one of the few that seems likely will be able to fit with Reshiram and Zekrom.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years

I agree with this.

Third Game Speculation

doesnt seem to match the epicness of:
    Third Game Speculation
    &
    Third Game Speculation

I was really suprised when they introduced Platinum, and the changes they did to Giratina. If gamefreak were going to use Kyurem, then they will have to do some changes with it. I also saw Kyurem's "territory" and "battle intro" on youtube. That little bit right there is epic, but Kyurem cannot back it up well enough. (unlike Giratina who did an awesome job to play its part in Platinum). I know I am comparing a lot to Platinum, but after thinking about it for awhile, my expectations for this 3rd game are a little above Platinum.

...I wonder what they will do with the Genie trio.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I suppose there's always the off chance they might spring a "Pokemon Crystal" on us and go with a different legendary completely.

It has happened just two times before I mean (Emerald/Platinum)....doesn't it need to happen more for it to become a pattern?

Years
    I agree with this.

Third Game Speculation

doesnt seem to match the epicness of:
    Third Game Speculation
    &
    Third Game Speculation

I was really suprised when they introduced Platinum, and the changes they did to Giratina. If gamefreak were going to use Kyurem, then they will have to do some changes with it. I also saw Kyurem's "territory" and "battle intro" on youtube. That little bit right there is epic, but Kyurem cannot back it up well enough. (unlike Giratina who did an awesome job to play its part in Platinum). I know I am comparing a lot to Platinum, but after thinking about it for awhile, my expectations for this 3rd game are a little above Platinum.

...I wonder what they will do with the Genie trio.
    Well you got to remember that they didn't do much for either Rayquaza or Giratina in RS and DP repectively they didn't even use their powers unlike Kyurem which freezes the surrounding area. Also Kyurem is likely to have a third form...simply to make the third mascot look more attractive and not the same as it was in the first two versions unlike what they did with Emerald the only game with a mascot that is part of a legendary Mascot trio that doesn't have anything special added to it in the third version...but then again Rayquaza was epic all by itself...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I suppose there's always the off chance they might spring a "Pokemon Crystal" on us and go with a different legendary completely.

It has happened just two times before I mean (Emerald/Platinum)....doesn't it need to happen more for it to become a pattern?
    8D I hope they jazz it up for the 3rd game, Im mean really jazz it up.

Well you got to remember that they didn't do much for either Rayquaza or Giratina in RS and DP repectively they didn't even use their powers unlike Kyurem which freezes the surrounding area. Also Kyurem is likely to have a third form...simply to make the third mascot look more attractive and not the same as it was in the first two versions unlike what they did with Emerald the only game with a mascot that is part of a legendary Mascot trio that doesn't have anything special added to it in the third version...but then again Rayquaza was epic all by itself...
    Maybe Gamefreak were limited to what they could do on the GBA. I dunno, but yes Rayquaza is epic, just hearing the name makes me want to faint.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021

Now, why would they name the games Pokemon Cyan and Pokemon Magenta? Well, it's simple ( or maybe no not really. I was sleep-deprived when I thought of this ): we already have Pokemon Red, Green, and Blue; i.e. the acronym for the color model used in media: RGB. We also have Pokemon Yellow and Black, the last two letters of the acronym for the color model used in printing: CMYK. ( "K" represents black jsyk ). The only thing missing now is...... dun dun duuun! Pokemon Cyan and Magenta!

/end WMG

Cool, but can someone tell me how the pokemon company comes up with the names for the versions, i heard alot of theorys why it should be caled this and that but the reasons they give sounds like there over thinking it a bit , i mean it is a game geared toward little kids( in the U.S anyways, sucks cause if more people played pokemon the world would be a happeire place)

Years

I remember me and Nica were talking about this not too long ago, about how everything that's been in PC(at least in discussion) until this point, actually happened, and I think it's more than just coincidence. For example, the pure flying types, Team Plasma, stuff like that. I honestly think that some things are a bit too...fishy to be coincidences. In a way, I honestly think that if some people from GF/Nintendo do stalk this forum(and this thread), it's more than likely they'll at least choose Opal or something. xD;
    Nah it's more likely they will name it Grey if they do as most of us anticipate Grey rather than Opal the first gens like to stick to their pattern unlike the even ones where the third version is different.
    Also Plasma was a rumor...I don't think anyone on here really thought that was gong to be the name of the evil team before we heard the rumor back in July...also they were bound to make a pure flying type eventually so yeah it's a coincidence xD

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Well if Gamefreak and Nintendo are stalking us, I'd like to see a return of Secret Bases inside the games. *hintity hint hint* Not this Dream World crap. Hopefully in the style of Gen III bases & they could be placed all over High Link.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

I remember me and Nica were talking about this not too long ago, about how everything that's been in PC(at least in discussion) until this point, actually happened, and I think it's more than just coincidence. For example, the pure flying types, Team Plasma, stuff like that. I honestly think that some things are a bit too...fishy to be coincidences. In a way, I honestly think that if some people from GF/Nintendo do stalk this forum(and this thread), it's more than likely they'll at least choose Opal or something. xD;

To be fair (on GF/Nintendo's defence), most of the stuff we all have discussed has been based on rumours. XD Actually... I'm not sure if there is anything we all speculated on (besides Snivy) that actually came true and wasn't based on a rumour, like MRAS said. Hi GameFreak :D

Opal does have more ~spark~ or shine, whatevs, to it than Grey does, so I'd say it is somewhat likely anyway. Oh and MRAS, Platinum/Crystal didn't match up with Diamond/Pearl and Gold/Silver--actually you have confused me. XD I still think there's a chance that it won't be Grey, but then again if it is Grey, I won't be surprised.

Anddd secret bases would just point to a R/S remake, but since imo, R/S remakes will come after "Grey", it's...okay possible. I wonder if people actually think there will be something like a Pokewalker in the third game.

Opticgoo

Years
    If GameFreak is stalking us, I want an explanation for the garbage things. Right now.
    Anyways, I don't think the third game will contain a PokeWalker. You never know with Pokemon, they might bring out something totally new and innovative.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

Opal does have more ~spark~ or shine, whatevs, to it than Grey does, so I'd say it is somewhat likely anyway. Oh and MRAS, Platinum/Crystal didn't match up with Diamond/Pearl and Gold/Silver--actually you have confused me. XD I still think there's a chance that it won't be Grey, but then again if it is Grey, I won't be surprised.

Platinum matched up with G/S not D/P and Crystal matched up with D/P not G/S, so I guess it is not impossible for the 3rd game to be called Opal (which Platinum was speculated to be called) But I think it will more than likely be a colour. I doubt they will swap from a colour to a stone... but it could happen.

I actually think grey is too obvious, so I reckon it will be a blue colour.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back