• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I think I said this before awhile back, but I'll say it again.

Kyuremu will be the third legendary, because as Dragon/Ice, It represents the Ice Age, a time when both Mankind and technology (Zekrom), and nature (Reshiram) were subjugated by endless ice and snow. Notice that the climate diversified, and mankind began its ascent right after the last Ice age ended about 10,000 Years ago.

It could be the Gen V. Rayquaza, being the trio master and the third member of the trio at the same time.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • The fact we likely have an ice-type mascot could lead to perhaps Pokémon Clear, Translucent, or some such. I also like the name Chrome. Grey is the obvious name, but how often do they actually call it the obvious choice? Usually the third name has no relation to the first two.
    For example;
    Gold, Silver, Crystal.
    Diamond, Pearl, Platinum.
    Black, White, Chrome.

Chrome is also often represented by a grey-ish colour, so it still makes sense.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

Kyuremu will be the third legendary, because as Dragon/Ice, It represents the Ice Age, a time when both Mankind and technology (Zekrom), and nature (Reshiram) were subjugated by endless ice and snow. Notice that the climate diversified, and mankind began its ascent right after the last Ice age ended about 10,000 Years ago.

It could be the Gen V. Rayquaza, being the trio master and the third member of the trio at the same time.

The slight problem I personally have with that hypothesis is that Regice was supposed to represent the Ice Age from Generation III... (sorry, but I have a minor quirk of multiple legendary Pokemon representing the same thing. Made even worse when we have three legendaries [Lugia, Kyogre, and Manaphy] bearing relation to the sea. :()

Still, I like the Ice Age theory proposed! Instead of there being a middle ground being between nature and technology, something else (in this case, the Ice Age) prevents nature from progressing, yet highlights the necessity of and gives rise to a new means of interacting with the world to be born (technology). The said Ice Age legendary, Kyuremu, subjugates both nature and technology, as suggested before.

All this speculation makes me more excited for the plot of the third game, when BW haven't even been released in English yet! :D

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I think Zekrom represents the new

Reshiram represents the old

Kyeremu represents ancient time

OR

Zekrom represents technology

Reshiram represents nature

Kyeremu represents ?????????????

So IDK

I still think that kyeremu will be the third game legend. If it by chance is not, then the brown genie.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It'll be the ice-dragon, if not, I'll be surprised.

I don't think Chrome would work (as has been suggested), otherwise Google might get angry or something, idk.

My theory of Pal, posted... somewhere, seems to work out though, as Opal is a gem and somewhat matches up with the others. As for the storyline, i'm not sure, considering I don't fully know B/W's, but I think it'll be waaay more complicated.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • I don't know how Google would react, as technically a video game is a piece of software, so Google would have control of the name. However, Pokémon Chrome might be acceptable as it is not just called Chrome, and is in direct reference to the metal.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    The game is Pokemon Grey, as Nintendo has already filed the copyright for it.

The mascot is Kyuremu. At level 100, Kyuremu learns two moves in Pokemon Grey, Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare.

Freeze Bolt: Ice physical, 140 base power, 90 accuracy, has the ability to paralyze the foe.

Cold Flare: Ice special, 140 base power, 90 accuracy, has the ability to burn the foe.

There really isn't any speculation to be had. :/

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I would predict an Ice Age induced by Team Plasma awakening Kyurem but Platinum already showed of a decline in the climate were snow was shown...

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • Since reshi and zek represent yin and yang, which always interact with each other in balance, Kyeremu as an ice poke would represent stillness, unbalance and stagnation, maybe he does live in some ice dimension which never changes.

I would predict an Ice Age induced by Team Plasma awakening Kyurem but Platinum already showed of a decline in the climate were snow was shown...

there was snow in there because that part of japan is always under snow.

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The game is Pokemon Grey, as Nintendo has already filed the copyright for it.

The mascot is Kyuremu. At level 100, Kyuremu learns two moves in Pokemon Grey, Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare.

Freeze Bolt: Ice physical, 140 base power, 90 accuracy, has the ability to paralyze the foe.

Cold Flare: Ice special, 140 base power, 90 accuracy, has the ability to burn the foe.

There really isn't any speculation to be had. :/
    Ha, this is a Pokemon forum. There's always speculations to be made. :P

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • Name of the third version would be gray, the mascot would be Kyurem, N will
    get both Reshiram and zeckrom, then Kyurem appear and you battle with Kyurem
    against N.
    About the gym leaders:
    the first gym will be the same
    there will be a new 8th gym leader
    The teams will be changed

There will be a new area instead of black city or white forest and a battle frontier.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    The name of the third game is going to be a simple name, not gonna have some deep meaning , well because its aimed at kids. And i hope its not the ice dragon and can someone tell me where in the game it shows that the black dragon represent new and the white old(or is that just the symbolism you guys came up with?)

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I hope there would be a battle frontier. There is a major lack of things to do after the story, and Musicals are not cutting it.

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
  • Although it's early days and a seuqel hasn't been confirmed yet, I really do have high hopes for it. Some things that I naturally expect and hope for;

• Nintendo have already copyrighted Pokemon Grey, and it is the most fitting choice.
    • Animated gym leaders and trainers sprites
    • Heaps of new OW tiles
    • A new form for Kyuremu (our mascot)
    • Pokemon follow you again?
    • A battle frontier. Maybe under a new name, but the same concept?
    • Hopefully some more after-story, quests, etc.
    • New outfits for our protagonists. :3
    • Perhaps a big snowfall will hit the parts of the region that aren't covered in sand, like Sinnoh? Or maybe some other weather aspect?
    • Gym leader rematches
    • Maybe more inclusion and backstory on the Dark Trinity?
    • A plausible Champion battle.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Since it is going to be on the 3DS I expect it to not only be called either Grey/Gray or Chrome and feature Kyurem as the mascot, and revolve around some kind of Modern Ice Age but also include/introduce
    • New Formes of Kyurem and maybe som other Pokemon
    • the very impressive Follow Me Feature
    • Even more dynamic 3D graphics and battle animations
    • More memory for a more impressive gaming experience

Laskeri

No Past, No Future
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2010
    all of the above?
    in all seriousness, I just don't want B/W now that I know that pokemon don't follow you anymore.

Years

Welllll... if that's the case, then I'm sure there will be some type of frozen land to explore in contrast to White Forest and Black City. Maybe.... Gray Tundra? XD I don't know, lol.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    all of the above?
    in all seriousness, I just don't want B/W now that I know that pokemon don't follow you anymore.

I felt that way until I realized how awesome the meta game is now. I'm sure that the 3DS will have more power and include it in the 3rd installment.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Bets:
    - Called Pokemon Grey
    - Mascot Dragon/Ice Pokemon (forgot name) most likely OR maybe the third game could be the three Flying Genies??? Just a guess but who knows?
    - Battle Frontier (please)
    - New sevil Islands or something
    - Pokemon following around feature (I loved that feature why did they take it away?)
    - Gym Leader Rematches!!!
    - Double Battle 8th Gym Iris & Old man (forgot his name)

And More!!!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Although it's early days and a seuqel hasn't been confirmed yet, I really do have high hopes for it. Some things that I naturally expect and hope for;

• Nintendo have already copyrighted Pokemon Grey, and it is the most fitting choice.
    • Animated gym leaders and trainers sprites
    • Heaps of new OW tiles
    • A new form for Kyuremu (our mascot)
    • Pokemon follow you again?
    • A battle frontier. Maybe under a new name, but the same concept?
    • Hopefully some more after-story, quests, etc.
    • New outfits for our protagonists. :3
    • Perhaps a big snowfall will hit the parts of the region that aren't covered in sand, like Sinnoh? Or maybe some other weather aspect?
    • Gym leader rematches
    • Maybe more inclusion and backstory on the Dark Trinity?
    • A plausible Champion battle.

Yes, Yes, Yes, YES!!

I completely agree with all of those suggestions. I really want a Battlle Frontier. Is there really anything to do after you beat Black and White?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back