• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
  • Whoops, get my mythology mixed up sometimes ;^_^ Also, I think it was stated that Giratina represented Anti-matter?

Anyways, anyone besides me hoping for a Battle Frontier? I loved Platinum's, so hopefully we'll see something like that again. BUT, hopefully they don't recycle the same Frontier like they did for SS/HG.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • @Spikey: Giratina is about Dimension if I recall correctly, not antimatter.

I'm also not entirely sure if this fits in with the discussion, but when do people think a Third Version would be released? I'd estimate, at earliest, a Fall 2012 release for it. Of course, we could see another Gen III layout and have remakes (Hoenn? Kanto?) come first.
    In interview Junichi Masuda and Takeshi Kawachimaru did for G4, it was said that Giratina and its Distortion World were created to be personifications of antimatter, this is also stated in HeartGold and SoulSilver by Cynthia.

:3

I think it's rather obvious the third legend will be the Dragon/Ice Pokemon. I think to think otherwise is completely illogical. But just because the Dragon/Ice Pokemon seems like a logical choice, that doesn't mean it will be the choice without doubt. It's very possible they will pull a Crystal on us, as in, have a completely unrelated Pokemon be the mascot. However, unlike Gold and Silver, Black and White do have a third legendary that fits in with the first two. Gold and Silver did not, hence Suicune becoming the main third legend.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I'm thinking Pokemon Gray and Kyuremu as the mascot. ^_^
    And maybe Iris + Shaga double battle for last gym, as they were exclusive to B/W, why not battle both in Gray....? =P Or maybe you get to choose... I dunno. =3

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Whoops, get my mythology mixed up sometimes ;^_^ Also, I think it was stated that Giratina represented Anti-matter?

Anyways, anyone besides me hoping for a Battle Frontier? I loved Platinum's, so hopefully we'll see something like that again. BUT, hopefully they don't recycle the same Frontier like they did for SS/HG.

I'm sure they'll add either a Battle Frontier or something similar to that, as well as rematches and animated trainer sprites. If they were present in the previous third games, very good chance we'll see it all in this one as well.

I would like that too, but yeah most likely that won't happen. Pretty much it's predictable that ice dragon will be the mascot.

Other things I believe will happen in the third game, some which were mentioned by others already:

-First gym I think will still be the same in which it'll depend on your starter. As much as I like a triple double, not sure if it's going to happen considering most players usually don't form a team of three decent leveled Pokemon early in the game.

-Eight gym most likely will be Shaga and Iris double battle or perhaps a new dragon gym leader all together (Emerald did that, so I won't be surprised if that happens again). If Shaga and Iris will be the gym leaders though, their rooster will slightly change for sure.

-Team Plasma/N storyline will be quite different too. Could be the chance N will control Kyuremu or he'll control both Reshiram and Zekrom and you control Kyuremu (yes, thinking Emerald again XD; ).

-This one a friend of mine suggested actually when we were talking about what'll happen in the third game. White Forest/Black City might be mashed together as "Gray Mountains." XD His reason is White Forest and Black City are spotted close/on the mountains (haven't played the games so not sure which mountains he was talking about :x).

And those are my predictions. XD
    I'm glad someone finally acknowledged my idea. XD

I can definitely see all those suggestions taking place. I definitely think we'll either see a combined White Forest/Black City or a brand new place unique to the third version. And perhaps we'll see a Triple Battle with the first trainers as some sort of rematch, because like you said... I doubt we'll see this right at the beginning of the game.

Years
  • SO many things to speculate about. :x Well, I'll only list a few things I hope that a few new features in the third version:

-Gym Leaders will have animated sprites again
    -Gym Leaders will be higher leveled and/or different Pokemon (I hope Aloe gets afro buffalo :B)
    -The first Gym Leaders will be a triple battle (I'm not sure about this, since I don't know how you'll have 3 Pokemon on your team by the time you get to this gym...)
    -The Battle Frontier will return again
    -There will be new forms for certain Pokemon (eeeh, not sure about this)
    -The Pokemon Musical will be more engaging (this is just something that I WISH they would do :x)

And HOPEFULLY, they'll add some type of island that you can go to once you complete the main story. That'd be just swell. :B

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • The Ground Genie? Highly unlikely. Up to now, all the mascots are connected in some way.

Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur (Gen I)= Starters

Ho-Oh, Lugia, Suicune (Gen II)= Ho-Oh and Lugia are opposites and Suicune is Ho-Oh's lesser. Being Water-Type, also has a slight affiliation to Lugia.

Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza (Gen III)= Creators of Land, Sea, and Sky. Based on Leviathan, Behemoth, and Zuu.

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (Gen IV)= Representations of Time, Space, and Anti-Matter. Also, the first three branches of Arceus.

Reshiram, Zekrom...Genie?=Respresentations of Old and New...and fertile land? No.

Old, New, Nature?

Do you know what the Ice Dragon represents?

Oh and Ho-Oh and Lugia and Suicune were hardly connected, it was just that he was the leader of the trios (like the ground genie) and there was no other pokemon to be the mascot of the third game other than Celebi but he is an event.

I still think that the ice dragon is the more likely option though.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Reshiram represents (In speculation) the "Old" age, where we used Fire as light, where as Zekrom represents the "New" age, utilizing electricity. Kyu represents "Ancient" time, before fire and electricity.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Reshiram represents (In speculation) the "Old" age, where we used Fire as light, where as Zekrom represents the "New" age, utilizing electricity. Kyu represents "Ancient" time, before fire and electricity.

Oh I see. Well then that is interesting. Maybe in the third game is the Ice Dragon is the mascot, you will be able to go to some ancient place in like another dimension to catch him. Kind of like with Giratina, only in the ice age.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Oh I see. Well then that is interesting. Maybe in the third game is the Ice Dragon is the mascot, you will be able to go to some ancient place in like another dimension to catch him. Kind of like with Giratina, only in the ice age.
    LMAO Ice Age good one. ^_^ Though yeah I think you'll catch it in a different place. Though Rayquaza stayed in the Sky Pillar in all three games (I think..). Plus I watched videos of catching Kyurem, and I honestly don't understand it. Gray most likely will have a backup story to it, sorta like Giratina when caught in Turnback Cave in D/P.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I'm really hoping that's what happens. Like, you encounter Kyu, and he freezes the enviornment, and sends you back in time and you traverse through this very...peaceful, crystalline world to fight Kyu. And an epically cool personal track for the enviornment and battle. Nothing like "Final Battle" hardcore, but peaceful and epic at the same time.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Well i was thinking about it and since they wanted to kinda start fresh maybe they will copy the 1st generation ideas. How would you guys like a yellow version 2? you go thru the games with a pikachu that follows you( save the follow me feature on all pokemon for any remakes R/S/E) you can get all three starters . The trainer choice would be different because your from Kanto, maybe nintendo can release events where you can fly to certain places in kanto to do stuff.I know everyones tired of kanto because its been in every generation but this can be a different version of it , maybe with a different elite four and champion, some new gym leaders(not all of course) hey it could be cool to run into N there. What do you guys think?

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Although this will likely never happen, I'd like to see the male protagonist get cut out and include a romantic subplot between the female protagonist and N~

srsly, N is so cute. And he's such a romantic.<3

Spoiler:

/no homo

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • ^I agree with the above. BUT, give us a N/Male Protag. subplot :3 I'd go out of my way to get a Japanese copy since it'd be cut from American games since we're so friggin' anti-homo.

Years
  • I think all of you fail to realize how many connections there are in this game.

Such as

Iris and Zekrom are very much a like. Both the "younger" one, both Black(lol), and Iris is the like the symbol for young energy, likewise Shaga, for wisedom energy, ya see what I mean?

This game focuses on energy, and the common "black or whiteness" or worlds. Zekrom, electricity is known as a spark, or a flash of energy, like newborn energy. Reshiram, fire is commonly known as a "fierce but subtle" energy, so it appears wiser and more tame than electricity, like a older brother is to a younger brother.

But I see that Ice, the "cold energy", is kind of drab but extremely powerful if provoked. It's very temperamental, like a middle child, stopping fights or being the odd one out, like Kyeremu, who's definitely the odd one out. And gray fits in with Black and White, like theere are some gray areas, or exceptions to certain things. Like the distortion world.

And don't get me started on the rivals and main characters. Black seems wise and Cheren too, but the girls seem very young but full of potential, meaning Belle and White.

And I'm by no means done yet.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Maybe the final gym battle in the third version will be a double battle between Irish and Shaga?

Awesome. That would combine the 2 aspects of BW quite nicely! :)

I'll pretty much agree with this.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Though to be honest, I wish they'd break the tradition.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Like I said in the previous topic, I think it would be really cool if they broke away from having the third trio member as the cover art, and instead did something new. Following a bit in the footsteps of Crystal. Even better yet, perhaps have a whole trio on the cover, rather than just one Pokemon.

That's what I wanted before I heard of Kyuremu, the logical counterpart of Reshiram and Zekrom. Yin and yang seem to perfectly serve as counterparts of each other, and any "third" addition would seem extraneous/superfluous.
    For Lugia and Ho-oh, I sort of consider Regigigas as their third counterpart because, excluding Arceus and the lake trio, those are the only legendaries with fully defined trios attributed to them.
    Plus, they resemble the weather trio in spirit, with Lugia being Guardian of the Seas (similar to Kyogre), Ho-oh being Guardian of the Skies (similar to Rayquaza), and Regigigas being 'Guardian' of the Lands as he helped move the continents in place (similar to Groudon)...

As a result, were I to consider legendary mascots that truly oppose each other without the need of a third member, it would be Reshiram and Zekrom. However, since Kyuremu exists, it seems logical that he would serve as the mascot of Gray Version and somehow tie into the legends of Reshiram and Zekrom (though I don't know exactly what you could add to yin and yang without it seeming out of place). Giratina being the embodiment of antimatter worked, IMO, because not only did it relate to physics, but that "matter" travels through time and space, and you need something to exist to do the traveling through the dimensions, which is in this case, matter (technically, the counterpart to matter).

So yeah, Generation V is the only place where I think a Suicune-esque legend would be needed to preserve Reshiram and Zekrom's duality, but such a legendary is no longer needed...

I pretty much agree with what Bay said. There will most likely be a third area where you'd catch Kyuremu, and after you, do I think you could Visit the Black Forest and White City for Reshiram/Zekrom.

That would be an excellent utilization of the 2 version-exclusive areas! The thing I'm worried is about, though, is that upon catching Kyuremu, you'll be forced to choose between either Reshiram or Zekrom. I would probably cry if this happened, because it would mean all our waiting for the third version would be less meaningful. I greatly appreciate the fact that all 3 legendaries are typically only present together in a generation's third version (excluding Gen 2), being a way to reward a player's patience for actually waiting so long for the third version. But with all the changes being made in BW to the traditional Pokemon standards, I'm scared whether that aspect of the games will end up being preserved... :(

I'm sure they'll add either a Battle Frontier or something similar to that, as well as rematches and animated trainer sprites. If they were present in the previous third games, very good chance we'll see it all in this one as well.

I'm glad someone finally acknowledged my idea. XD

I can definitely see all those suggestions taking place. I definitely think we'll either see a combined White Forest/Black City or a brand new place unique to the third version. [S-HIGHLIGHT]And perhaps we'll see a Triple Battle with the first trainers as some sort of rematch, because like you said... I doubt we'll see this right at the beginning of the game.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

That would be a nice rematch, and it would make that specific rematch being unique as the only triple battle Gym Leader rematch available, while the rest are double battles. Preserving the "first Gym dependent on Starter" concept introduced in BW for the first match would make sense, and the inclusion of the aforementioned triple battle rematch (so as not to "waste" the appearance of the other 2 first Gym Leaders) would be a great addition.

SO many things to speculate about. :x Well, I'll only list a few things I hope that a few new features in the third version:

-Gym Leaders will have animated sprites again
    -Gym Leaders will be higher leveled and/or different Pokemon (I hope Aloe gets afro buffalo :B)
    -The first Gym Leaders will be a triple battle (I'm not sure about this, since I don't know how you'll have 3 Pokemon on your team by the time you get to this gym...)
    -The Battle Frontier will return again
    -There will be new forms for certain Pokemon (eeeh, not sure about this)
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]-The Pokemon Musical will be more engaging (this is just something that I WISH they would do :x)

And HOPEFULLY, they'll add some type of island that you can go to once you complete the main story. That'd be just swell. :B[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

I hope the Pokemon Musicals are made more engaging. From what I've heard, they're pretty lackluster when compared to Pokemon Contests...

And Sevii Islands redux FTW!!! :pink_boogie:

I think all of you fail to realize how many connections there are in this game.

Such as

Iris and Zekrom are very much a like. Both the "younger" one, both Black(lol), and Iris is the like the symbol for young energy, likewise Shaga, for wisedom energy, ya see what I mean?

[S-HIGHLIGHT]This game focuses on energy, and the common "black or whiteness" or worlds. Zekrom, electricity is known as a spark, or a flash of energy, like newborn energy. Reshiram, fire is commonly known as a "fierce but subtle" energy, so it appears wiser and more tame than electricity, like a older brother is to a younger brother.

But I see that Ice, the "cold energy", is kind of drab but extremely powerful if provoked. It's very temperamental, like a middle child, stopping fights or being the odd one out, like Kyeremu, who's definitely the odd one out. And gray fits in with Black and White, like theere are some gray areas, or exceptions to certain things. Like the distortion world.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

And don't get me started on the rivals and main characters. Black seems wise and Cheren too, but the girls seem very young but full of potential, meaning Belle and White.

And I'm by no means done yet.

Interesting take on the representation of the legendaries...

Reshiram represents (In speculation) the "Old" age, where we used Fire as light, where as Zekrom represents the "New" age, utilizing electricity. Kyu represents "Ancient" time, before fire and electricity.

IMO, one could just lump "Ancient" together with "Old", but the only other alternative I can think of is a Present age... With Reshiram representing past (old age using fire as light), Zekrom representing future (new age using electricity as light), Kyuremu could represent the present in some way...
    Maybe Kyuremu could represent light's reflective and refractory concepts...? (as in, when light hits a crystalline structure such as ice) Kyuremu could also possibly be related to kaleidoscope, combining aspects of the old age (where fire was used as the first source of light) with the new age (modern technology has developed the lens, which allow additional properties of light to be examined...)

I don't know how Kyuremu will complement Reshiram's representation of nature and Zekrom's representation of technology, though...maybe "natural technology"? Like when rivers cut through areas of old land enough times, forming new like the structures eventual canyons/valleys as the years pass...

Furthermore, I'm wondering whether the third version will incorporate the differences in overworld of BW... (as in, one version depicts the environment in a more old/natural look, while the other depicts the environment in a more new/futuristic look)

Aagh...my brain's starting to hurt with all this speculation! :x

EDIT: And hopefully, the player's counterpart will also make a appearance in the game's storyline somehow!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back