• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I was thinking about this before, if a third 5th Gen Pokemon game is announced how will they work around Black City and White Forest?

It wouldn't really work to have both in (where would they go?), but you couldn't just use one either (the third game is suppose to include everything+extras), so your left with the the option of having somewhere new, but that ends up making it just the same as the first two rather than a complete/extended version of the originals.

So what do you think, will they put White Forest to the outskirts of Black City, just add one of the areas, remove them both and add somewhere new, or have GameFreak/Nintendo blocked themselves out of been able to make a third game?
    I'm guessing that both Black City and White Forest will be included in the third version. I hope that it would be that way.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I imagine that they'll either combine the two or have a brand new area. It's possible that they'll have both in separate areas, but I highly doubt it. Perhaps they could do something Day/Night related, as in having one of the areas appear during the Day and another at Night... haha, but that's even more unlikely. XD Just throwing some ideas out there.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I imagine that they'll either combine the two or have a brand new area. It's possible that they'll have both in separate areas, but I highly doubt it. Perhaps they could do something Day/Night related, as in having one of the areas appear during the Day and another at Night... haha, but that's even more unlikely. XD Just throwing some ideas out there.

Yes I agree, It is very highly unlikely that they will both be included as then one of the areas will have to move somewhere else on the map. I hope it will be the city, and the forest fused.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I imagine that they'll either combine the two or have a brand new area. It's possible that they'll have both in separate areas, but I highly doubt it. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Perhaps they could do something Day/Night related, as in having one of the areas appear during the Day and another at Night... haha, but that's even more unlikely. XD[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Just throwing some ideas out there.

That would be very freaky and unlikely...yet very cool, awesome, and epic. :) Exactly why does a forest appear in the day and a city appear at night in the same location? Who knows? Some things are best left unexplained... (On a related note, the author J.R.R. Tolkien also added Tom Bombadil in The Lord of the Rings trilogy as an enhancement to the story, to evoke the idea that "some things should remain mysterious in any narrative, hidden even to its inventor." IMO, such an addition would be perfect for the mysterious world that is Pokemon. :D)

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    Tom Bombadil should totally be the mascot of the third version.... :P

But I think it's likely that they'll just create a third location.
    yeh... like grey village. :[ man that sounds so horrible. just hearing grey makes me gloomy.

Years
    Well, the names of the third games only match up with the first two 50% of the time. I mean, Gold and Silver should have been followed by Platinum, and Diamond and Pearl should have been followed by Crystal. So maybe we'll actually get a cool name other than Gray. It's just the default for now, because it is the only "reasonable" third name for Black and White. Plus, Kyurem is decidedly gray in color.

But whatever "Gray" version's secret area is, I bet it's something that shows off the 3D engine that they use to power Hiun City. I think it'd be fun to have a maze. Actually, wouldn't it be cool if they brought back an equivalent of the underground in place of Black City and White Forest?

EDIT: Oooh, quick thought. Gray is not the only thing between Black and White. Actually, the entire spectrum of visible light stands between them. Maybe we'll end up with Pokemon Spectral or something.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    EDIT: Oooh, quick thought. Gray is not the only thing between Black and White. Actually, the entire spectrum of visible light stands between them. Maybe we'll end up with Pokemon Spectral or something.
    Id like pokemon kaleidoscope ^^ but thats too long, spectral is kinda weird too, and so is rainbow, i guess it will be something boring like grey >.>
    Pokemon color maybe?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Maybe Pokemon Color Version...with the font for the word "color" written in the exact style as it was with the original GameBoy Color packaging...? :D Other than that, maybe Pokemon Aurora Version?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pokemon Color is unlikely, considering that is far too unique for GF. Besides, it has no real direction as far as representation goes. Rainbow is more likely, if you're thinking along those lines.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I Know, thats why i started with would you hate it lol

Ok idea for the third game. After you beat the eliet four and find the sages and stuff. Geechisu has the dark trinity break him out and they try and get the ice dragon(introduce new character head of the dark trinity ) aduku(the other champion ) helps you defeat them( but in the course the dark trinity uses the ice dragon to freeze part of issu to take over it)you go thru the map again and aid the gym leaders in trying to contain the situation.once you defeat them you will be able to rebattle the gym leaders. once you beat all of them Scott finds you and take you to this island on a boat, once on the boat you see aduku again and he introduce you to Cynthia and Wallace ,you talk and Scott says you really prove yourself in saving issu and he wants you to try out for the champion leauge ( pretty much a tournament with a cap at level 70 instead of 50) but on the island you can meet all sorts of people( Pro Oak, Elm , the ceartin Gym leaders from other regions) so you go threw 10 rounds of battle before you battle the grand champion ( some new character) Once you beat him you can gain access to other new areas such as( cloud heaven to get mew, and other areas to get other legendaries.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I Know, thats why i started with would you hate it lol

Ok idea for the third game. After you beat the eliet four and find the sages and stuff. Geechisu has the dark trinity break him out and they try and get the ice dragon(introduce new character head of the dark trinity ) aduku(the other champion ) helps you defeat them( but in the course the dark trinity uses the ice dragon to freeze part of issu to take over it)you go thru the map again and aid the gym leaders in trying to contain the situation.once you defeat them you will be able to rebattle the gym leaders. once you beat all of them Scott finds you and take you to this island on a boat, once on the boat you see aduku again and he introduce you to Cynthia and Wallace ,you talk and Scott says you really prove yourself in saving issu and he wants you to try out for the champion leauge ( pretty much a tournament with a cap at level 70 instead of 50) but on the island you can meet all sorts of people( Pro Oak, Elm , the ceartin Gym leaders from other regions) so you go threw 10 rounds of battle before you battle the grand champion ( some new character) Once you beat him you can gain access to other new areas such as( cloud heaven to get mew, and other areas to get other legendaries.

So what do you guys think?
    I doubt that would ever happen, thought it does sound pretty cool...

The Red Chain

they didn't have a bridge between ss/hg, so what guarantee is there that there will be a bridge between black and white?
    HGSS are remakes of GSC, and they include most if not all features that were contained in Crystal as well.
    FRLG didn't get a third game for the same reason.

However, every new generation game gets a third game.

US :
    Red/Blue = Yellow
    Japan :
    Red/Green = Blue [Yellow is the delay for G/S here.]

Gold/Silver = Crystal
    Ruby/Sapphire = Emerald
    Diamond/Pearl = Platinum

Remakes haven't gotten third games because they already contain all/most of the features from their third games in the past. B&W have that opening for a third game, just like all the other past generation games listed above with third games. Aka, all of them.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back