• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I can think of a few improvments
    1. have a story involving Gēchisu breaking outa prison.
    2. Have a new plot after beating the E4. one idea (and many people may not like it) having to help looker take care of new villiians ( not a new team but several people operating in unova, i can elaborate more)
    3. haveing all awesome chicks N hangs around be part of the story and battleable (new word lol)
    4. Have the Dark Trinity be batleable after the E4.
    I agree with all of those :D!
    If Gechisu breaks out can he bring Charon from Galactic with his as he was also arrested :3. maybe have them team up to make a Neo Plasma ;)

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
    Years
    I know this sounds crazy but, I hope they add new evolutions to pokemon that does not have evolutions yet. Like what they did to Gen 4. Maybe pokemon like Castform or Qwilfish gets their time to shine ... ? Maybe a secret stash of pokemon GF didn't add them all at once in B/W? Just wishful thinking. :>
    They should really put up a safari zone or another attraction. Also, GF should add in more areas to explore. And we have to have the ability to rebattle gym leaders !

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I know this sounds crazy but, I hope they add new evolutions to pokemon that does not have evolutions yet. Like what they did to Gen 4. Maybe pokemon like Castform or Qwilfish gets their time to shine ... ? Maybe a secret stash of pokemon GF didn't add them all at once in B/W? Just wishful thinking. :>
    They should really put up a safari zone or another attraction. Also, GF should add in more areas to explore. And we have to have the ability to rebattle gym leaders !

That wont happen in a third game though. Maybe in gen VI. Different forms are a possibility to ordinary pokemon. Like what they did with Rotom.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2011
    I really would like to see the third game linked with RSE if at all. :P It'd really add some nostalgia and would maybe make the possibility of remakes of RS to be more realistic at this point since it's all just been speculation. I really would like to see more gift pokemon like in Pt when they made it possible to get Eevee and Porygon from people earlier in the game.

Years
    I really would like to see the third game linked with RSE if at all. :P It'd really add some nostalgia and would maybe make the possibility of remakes of RS to be more realistic at this point since it's all just been speculation. I really would like to see more gift pokemon like in Pt when they made it possible to get Eevee and Porygon from people earlier in the game.
    A possible gift Pokemon in the third version is Zorua maybe after we beat N he gives us a Zorua egg for all the trouble he caused for us.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I don't think Zorua would be an egg if it had only been obtainable by event before in the same Generation.

Deep Thought

Mostly Harmless
    Years

Well wouldn't he want someone to take care of his young Zoroark's egg who is nice and kind to his pokemon who he knows will make it strong? Or maybe I'm just being wishful here :P

Hmm I guess I can see your point. :-) it would be nice to see the main villain reward you with something other than a lecture... :-)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    N has a Zoroark?

I actually think getting Zorua or Zoroark naturally in the third game will happen because...I dunno, I expect it. The whole event only thing seems kinda unfair, considering Lucario's pre-evo was able to be found in-game, and the fact that it's somewhat similar to it... yeaaaah. I think it'll be in that game.

Deep Thought

Mostly Harmless
    Years
    N has a Zoroark?

I actually think getting Zorua or Zoroark naturally in the third game will happen because...I dunno, I expect it. The whole event only thing seems kinda unfair, considering Lucario's pre-evo was able to be found in-game, and the fact that it's somewhat similar to it... yeaaaah. I think it'll be in that game.

So are you thinking about an in-game "event" like how we obtained riolu in DPPt? If so, any thoughts to the details?

Years
    So are you thinking about an in-game "event" like how we obtained riolu in DPPt? If so, any thoughts to the details?
    I think it will be like how you got Togepi from Cythia only you get Zorua from N which is the most likely person to get one from as he like Cynthia has the pokemon that evolves from that egg they gave you.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I kind of think that adding 3D to a game today, compared to adding color to video games back in the 90s, is still a relatively larger step than the latter. As technology becomes more advance it becomes increasingly harder/more expensive to execute. In other words: 3D is harder (or at least more time consuming)/more expensive to create today than color was back in the day.

In any case, I agree with GlitchCity -- It just seems kind of random for them to split this generation like they did GSC. I think GF should save their time and money developing a 3D game for GENVI. It's sort of a waste to build an entirely new engine for the enhanced game...

If the third version is released for the 3DS, you can bet I'll be buying one the very same day the game comes out. >___>;

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
    Alright, as the third game speculation has begun, I think I shall present you all with my speculation of Pokémon Gray, Pokémon Grey, ポケットモンスターグレー(Poketto Monsutā Gurē).

First things first... we all know that most of the main Pokémon games are released in Japan in September, right? Well we know that some of the games like Pokémon Platinum only was released 2 years after Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl, however... that pattern doesn't always follow in the same way. It could either be... that Pokémon Grey/Gray would be released in September 2011 or that two new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games would be released using full 3D dungeons with one for the Nintendo DS as DSi Enhanced and a 3DS exclusive one (alot like what it was like for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team).

However... if Pokémon Grey/Gray was to be released... it would have to be DSi Exclusive. Why? Because the Nintendo 3DS would already be released, however... they cannot jump to another platform with a third game... because it wouldn't match in the same way. Just think how Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver were released for GameBoy with GameBoy Color enhancements and then Pokémon Crystal was released as a GameBoy Color exclusive. It could be likely that Black, White and Grey/Gray would follow in the same direction as generation two. The Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi are almost mirrored versions of the GameBoy and GameBoy Color. Because the GameBoy and GameBoy Color almost have the same engines to each other, it's almost the same thing that happened with the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi. So just think... Pokémon Gray/Grey could well be... a Nintendo DSi exclusive, which means it'll only work on the Nintendo DSi or Nintendo 3DS. And considering the fact that there's only a very few games that are currantly DSi exclusive, yet I'm pretty sure Nintendo will release alot more after the Nintendo 3DS has been released. It's been a long time since the release of the Nintendo DS Lite, correct? The Nintendo DS Lite will begin it's phasing out at some time.

There is a reason why I thought of Pokémon Grey/Gray, and same with everyone else... because every main Pokémon game is based off the main legendary Pokémon of the game. However, the only generation that was not based off the legendaries... was Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue and Pokémon Yellow. As they were based off the starter Pokémon. This is not likely to happen in the third game of generation 5 and I'll tell you why, because... first of all, Pokémon Black has Reshiram, then Pokémon White has Zekrom. Now just think... the third installation of generation 5... would have to be a legendary, correct? Well... we've got a Pokémon that has the same battle music as Reshiram and Zekrom, it's none other than... Kyurem! Because this Pokémon is grey, it just shows what the third installment will be called. This legendary Pokémon also looks similar to the two as well, it's the Snow Gray Pokémon! It is able to use Ice type attacks as well, there were two moves that were not usable in Pokémon Black and Pokémon White, as these moves were known as Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt. These moves could be the signature moves for Kyurem in Pokémon Grey/Gray.

Alright, as for the storyline... I probably might expect what could be in store for the third installment. First of all... it's all about choosing your starter Pokémon, just like in Pokémon Black and Pokémon White. In the first gym... the same battle happens. You face the gym leader that has the final Pokémon that your starter is weak to. After that, you continue on with the same storyline until when you get to Iris and Shaga. In the city(Souryou City or whatever it's called) where the past and future designs are used for whatever version you're playing, you get to see that city in the present style rather than an alternate timeline. And instead... Iris and Shaga will face you in a double battle in the gym rather than just facing one. Then you face the Pokémon League and getting to the top when after N summons his castle (which would look grey, just like it looked different between Pokémon Black and Pokémon White), and just before you go right to the stairs... the whole mountain gets covered in a snowstorm as suddenly Kyurem appears! As you would've actually seen Kyurem many times during your adventure in Pokémon Grey/Gray and wherever it started snowing heavily. You face Kyurem before you go into the castle and capture it. Then once you get to the same room in the castle where you battle N in Pokémon Black and Pokémon White, you'll see the cutscene where both Reshiram and Zekrom come into the castle and you end up battling N with Reshiram and Zekrom on his side. Or maybe... he might battle you with Reshiram, then you face Getis (Team Plasma's Leader) with his Zekrom.

As for the post game features... I'm pretty sure the area where Black City and White Forest is in... would probably be known as "Mt. Grey/Gray", as you'd have a cave to going into as well... which would bring you into a cave known as "Grey/Gray Cave". Oh and not to also mention... that somewhere in the Unova region... would probably be the Battle Frontier. Which would be in the same place as wherever the Battle Tower would be in Pokémon Black and Pokémon White (as I'm not sure if there is one). As for Zoroark and Zorua would be obtained in the same way as Pokémon Black and Pokémon White.

It could also be a possibility that some Pokémon might have new formes in Pokémon Grey/Gray.

So I guess we should keep a lookout for it to be announced on the Japanese Pokémon website once it does. There's been huuuuuuuuuge speculation about Pokémon Grey/Gray over the internet.

Deep Thought

Mostly Harmless
    Years
    ...wow. :-)

I think that instead of there being a new area to replace Black City or White Forest, you will instead be able to travel to both areas via some clever plot twist.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    However... if Pokémon Grey/Gray was to be released... it would have to be DSi Exclusive.

No. They're preparing to swap over to the new system, 3DS as mentioned, so having the third game a DSi exclusive has no point. Why? Region locking, along with the fact that those who don't already have a DSi won't be purchasing it just to play "Grey" - they'd keep what they already have. Although this sounds like a good idea on paper, it just won't be happening. It's either 3DS or any DS system before it. The DSi doesn't even have that many features for B/W, and there's no point to have a DSi exclusive game for the third one if it didn't really make a difference in the two twin games. Besides, they'd lose sales, because by then, people will still be saying "should I get either a 3DS or a DSi with Grey, while I already have Black and White which works perfectly on my normal DS? I'll pick the 3DS, there's no point in getting the third one if I've already played the first two". Or something along those lines. I honestly don't see any positives to making it DSi exclusive, just finish Unova off on all DS games that were released before the 3DS. I may have repeated myself but this doesn't sound like a good marketing decision at all, especially once the 3DS is released.

...oh, you said 3DS exclusive too. So DSi + 3DS? Doubt that, too. Honestly, if they're going to do that, they might as well make it 3DS exclusive.

(But yeah this whole idea seems flawed - Grey will most likely be on all DS games before 3DS in my opinion).

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    In Pokemon anime Iris's father is the gym leader of souryuu city so I think he is the gym leader in the third version.
    And you can fight both Iris and shaga in the rematches.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back