• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

NejiForce

Kh-Fan
    Years
    there´s a little problem in the logik rgb remake after two Consoles GSC after two consoles that would mean rss on 3ds but it must be released BEFORE Grey or what-it-called be released

Comokanu

Glitch Hunter
    Years
    If they come out with a Pokémon game on 3DS it would be sweet if the player's movements weren't grid locked like Pokémon Ranger. And definitely a more angled-straight camera like when going through the narrow lane in Hiunn City.

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    What if they completely blew all of our minds, and used the Genies as the pokemon for the third game, had Landlos as the cover mon, and called something like Garnet?

Grey is still what seems believable to me.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    What if they completely blew all of our minds, and used the Genies as the pokemon for the third game, had Landlos as the cover mon, and called something like Garnet?

Grey is still what seems believable to me.

wouldnt blow my mind i was hoping it would happen like that. I love the genies

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    there´s a little problem in the logik rgb remake after two Consoles GSC after two consoles that would mean rss on 3ds but it must be released BEFORE Grey or what-it-called be released

Fire Red and Leaf Green were released before Emerald, while Heart Gold and Soul Silver were released after Platinum.

There isn't a set order for these things.

Comokanu said:
    The 3DS probably already has a hit game that is going to sell alongside the 3DS when it comes out.

No recent system has had an amazing launch lineup (Except the XBOX and Halo), Meanwhile a hypothetical 3DS Pokémon game will come out about 1 and a half to 2 years into the system, providing ample time for the system to see a slight reduction in price alongside the opportunity for bundle releases to convince those who may have otherwise still been on the shelf.

Maybe the 6th generation games will be released exclusively for 3DS, but that's if the device becomes popular enough to replace the DS line, which would be quite a bold move.

The DS is a 6 year old system that's becoming more and more outdated by the day. It's a logical progression that a more powerful device that offers extra functionality whilst still supporting the back catalogue of the previous model will quickly succeed and take it's place as the main Nintendo handheld platform. The Gameboy Advance had a lifespan of almost half that and the DS soon became the new lead handheld.

The last meaningful (Not a tie-in, a series multi-platform release or otherwise licensed game) releases for the GBA were the Final Fantasy V and VI remakes and the first Mystery Dungeon game (Which was Nintendo's last GBA game and better on DS) in 2006 (If you must, count the early 2007 US release of FFVI). None of which are champions of original content. The last, big original release was Mother 3, about one and a half years after the release of the DS - after which the GBA was mostly dead in the water.

Last edited:

Gilgαmesh

Maybe it's finally time for full 3D Colosseum-style battles?

If only the third game would look like this. .__.; Imagine stuff like Pokemon XD and Colosseum except on a handheld...that'd be sorta amazing, to be honest.

Yeah, so long as it's replacement isn't motorcycles, lolol.

Skateboards would be cool. Motorcycles are okay. Anything other than a bike would be fine. :(

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    If only the third game would look like this. .__.; Imagine stuff like Pokemon XD and Colosseum except on a handheld...that'd be sorta amazing, to be honest.

And being a big-budget, mainstay of the Pokéom series, Game Freak would probably use 3D models that aren't recycled from N64 games!

Deep Thought

Mostly Harmless
    Years

And being a big-budget, mainstay of the Pokéom series, Game Freak would probably use 3D models that aren't recycled from N64 games!

Yes. I for one would be glad to finally have 3D battles. If they didn't do this, though, it would at least be good if they reworked the sprite animations and... cleaned them up a little bit.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yes. I for one would be glad to finally have 3D battles. If they didn't do this, though, it would at least be good if they reworked the sprite animations and... cleaned them up a little bit.
    Yeah they should clean and make the BW sprites nicer and give them 4th gen quality only still have them able to move like they do :)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I see a Kerudio event in the making for the 3rd installment of this generation.

It seems to me like it's the Regigigas of this generation. You take the 3 other Musketeer Pokemon to wherever it may be, and it appears and fights.

Or it just might be an event. I think it would be smart for it to be an event for the first two games, then an in-game event (like Regigigas) for the 3rd installment. That'd be fantastic.

Years
    I see a Kerudio event in the making for the 3rd installment of this generation.

It seems to me like it's the Regigigas of this generation. You take the 3 other Musketeer Pokemon to wherever it may be, and it appears and fights.

Or it just might be an event. I think it would be smart for it to be an event for the first two games, then an in-game event (like Regigigas) for the 3rd installment. That'd be fantastic.
    That would be cool I don't think there has ever been a game in which you could capture the pokemon needed to get the Trio master without an event :)

Deep Thought

Mostly Harmless
    Years
    I know this may be a bit out there, but I wouldn't mind the option for a more interactive Fly experience. I think it would be cool if you had the ability to actually see what went on when you fly from one city to another, and encounter flying types en route. Of course, I wouldn't want this to happen every time, because most people use fly to save time :-)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That would be pretty amazing. I know you fly through the air in one gym, so...actually flying may not be that impossible. Maybe on a special added route it can only happen, idk. Buttttt chances are GF won't be doing something like that. :(

Years
    I know this may be a bit out there, but I wouldn't mind the option for a more interactive Fly experience. I think it would be cool if you had the ability to actually see what went on when you fly from one city to another, and encounter flying types en route. Of course, I wouldn't want this to happen every time, because most people use fly to save time :-)
    I and some others actually wanted this for BW but sadly they didn't have it but it would be cool if they put it in Grey :)

Deep Thought

Mostly Harmless
    Years
    That would be pretty amazing. I know you fly through the air in one gym, so...actually flying may not be that impossible. Maybe on a special added route it can only happen, idk. Buttttt chances are GF won't be doing something like that. :(

Yeah I doubt that it will happen, too. But I have been dying to see this feature implemented for some time now. *Sigh* Maybe next gen...

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I want them to mention the time difference between gen 4 and 5. Look at a picture of caitlin in platinum where she looks like a young girl or teenager and look at her in B/W where she looks like she can be in her late teens early 20s. And to the the hair length.

Years
    I want them to mention the time difference between gen 4 and 5. Look at a picture of caitlin in platinum where she looks like a young girl or teenager and look at her in B/W where she looks like she can be in her late teens early 20s. And to the the hair length.
    I noticed that too and what happened to the Castle Valet did he stay back in the castle?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back