• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Pokemon Grey Boxart

Hey guys,

I'm not quite sure if this is the correct section, if not, please move ^^'

Third Game Speculation

Picture of kyurrem is created by mark331 from Deviantart

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey guys,

I'm not quite sure if this is the correct section, if not, please move ^^'

Third Game Speculation

Picture of kyurrem is created by mark331 from Deviantart

Yeah it's moved to third game speculation since here you can discuss anything related to the third game, even box art!

Personally I like the design of it but it seems to lack the hexagons Black and White were known for. Although my actual favourite boxart is Kip's (found in the competition thread), I think they'll actually go for something similar to that. However, not having experience with Platinum or Emerald's third games does leave me with nothing really to judge on, but... yeah. :x

What are everyone else's thoughts on how the boxart will look?

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
  • I'm probably just being a troll, but what if instead of Grey and Kyurem like everyone expects, they pull a Crystal on us and use Brown and Landorus instead? Come to think of it, I heard they copyrighted Brown along with some other colors like Purple.

(Yes, I know that they pulled a Crystal on us because Lugia and Ho-oh weren't parts of a trio, but it would still be pretty amusing.)

And I think Landorus is a pretty cool guy.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I can't see it being Landorus at all really, I think we will see the whole Platinum thing all over again and see Kyurem with a new form and it being able to learn two new moves which no Pokemon can have at the moment (Cold Burn and Freeze Shock iicr). I think the new form would have an extra 20 base stats, to level with Reshiram and Zekrom.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • I can't see it being Landorus at all really, I think we will see the whole Platinum thing all over again and see Kyurem with a new form and it being able to learn two new moves which no Pokemon can have at the moment (Cold Burn and Freeze Shock iicr). I think the new form would have an extra 20 base stats, to level with Reshiram and Zekrom.

Oh, you took the words right out of my mouth :P I was going to say pretty much exactly as you were.

If GF are going to 'pull a Crystal and use brown/Landorus' then will Kyurem still have an alternate forme?

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Moreover kyurem has the same battle theme as Reshiram and Zekrom, so it's obvious that he's the 3rd game's mascot.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    There haven't been any direct references that prove Kyurem will be the third game's mascot or even if there will be a third game altogether, as far as I know of.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • There haven't been any direct references that prove Kyurem will be the third game's mascot or even if there will be a third game altogether, as far as I know of.

Well, as mentioned earlier in this thread, there is an item in the game's data (which is unobtainable at the moment and has no in-game use), called the "God Stone". We know that the items that summon Reshiram and Zekrom are the Light Stone and Dark Stone respectively, so we can safely assume that the God Stone is used to summon Kyurem...

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    It would be awesome If Kyurem's new form would be like this.

Third Game Speculation

I found this image on a Japanese website.

Last edited:

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • It would be awesome If Kyurem's new form would be like this.
    Third Game Speculation

I found this image on a Japanese website.

Wow, that's actually a really cool picture. It takes Kyurem's original feature and makes them stylish, and not dissimilar to Reshiram and Zekrom now. I really hope Gamefreak come up with a decent alternate forme.

MiracleNinetales

Ninja Assassin.
    Years
  • I'm thinking Pokemon Gray and Kyuremu as the mascot. ^_^
    And maybe Iris + Shaga double battle for last gym, as they were exclusive to B/W, why not battle both in Gray....? =P Or maybe you get to choose... I dunno. =3

I agree. Pokemon Gray and Kyuremu seem the most logical choice for a third game.
    If they produce a third one, which I surely hope so ^.^

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Right so if you notice.. alot of websites are starting to publish articles regarding the Pokémon Grey domain being registared (which has been known about for 2 months now) but they then go onto say it may be revealed during "News: 3DS Conference This Friday" this is NO indication towards an announcement but with N's name being revealed theres always the posibility.. but it's more likely at a bigger event i.e Jump Festa 2011.

If you also notice Pokémon Crimson & Pokémon Brown have also been registared (and possibily others)

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    but isnt crimson/brown a big jump from balck/white??

will the 3rd take advantage of the 3ds??

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well Crystal was a big jump from Gold/Silver and Platinum was a big jump from Diamond/Pearl...the only one that really made sense was Emerald (Yellow didn't have to make sense in the context of R/B). So it's not unreasonable for us to not understand the name.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • Crimson is a dark, red colour. The only Gen V legendary that matches that description would be Meloetta's pirouette forme. Which, to me, doesn't look like box-art material.
    Third Game Speculation

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Excuse me while I still hold to my hope that it'll be Volcarona

Third Game Speculation

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back