• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    We will never know what the third game is until al the legendaries are released. If there is a grey legend then Grey version is a likely possibility. If there is no grey legend then I highly doubt that is what the next game will be called.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm thinking it's Grey, it will follow the pattern of RBY and RSE, which didn't have an "odd one" (though I don't see them as that random compared to the first two versions) among them :)
    RBY- Colors
    RSE- Precious gems with the colors of RBG
    BWG- Shades

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm thinking it's Grey, it will follow the pattern of RBY and RSE, which didn't have an "odd one" (though I don't see them as that random compared to the first two versions) among them :)
    RBY- Colors
    RSE- Precious gems with the colors of RBG
    BWG- Shades

What do you mean, "Didn't have an Odd one"?

You also forgot D/P/Pt and G/S/C.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    They might just pull a 2nd generation on us, and make the third game about a legendary that has nothing to do with the two main ones.

I would love that, and I feel that is exactly the route they should go with the third game of the 5th gen.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    What do you mean, "Didn't have an Odd one"?

You also forgot D/P/Pt and G/S/C.
    He meant that "Crystal" really doesn't fit with "Gold" and "Silver". That "Platinum" doesn't fit with "Diamond" or "Pearl". That's why he didn't list those, because they don't follow an obvious naming pattern, like R/B/Y and R/S/E did.

make the third game about a legendary that has nothing to do with the two main ones.
    That would actually be nice.

smellybellysrock

Legend Of Band Camp: You ready
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Gray.

No doubts. Its too obvious.

Although i would love it if they made it

"Pokemon HOTPINK! The sequel to Black and White! Get it now all you manlymen!"

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Gray.

No doubts. Its too obvious.

Although i would love it if they made it

"Pokemon HOTPINK! The sequel to Black and White! Get it now all you manlymen!"

That's the exact problem--it is too obvious. Why would they name it something so dull and predictable? It's Pokemon! It's supposed to be exciting. I think they may even make just 2 main legendaries, like Gen2. Then make the 3rd one something else. I'm tired of the whole 3 legendaries/create balance thing.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That's the exact problem--it is too obvious. Why would they name it something so dull and predictable? It's Pokemon! It's supposed to be exciting. I think they may even make just 2 main legendaries, like Gen2. Then make the 3rd one something else. I'm tired of the whole 3 legendaries/create balance thing.

Hmm, I don't think that part of gen 2 worked that well - to me it felt like something was missing. Personally and sadly, I think both the names and legendaries will be...predictable. D:

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Hmm, I don't think that part of gen 2 worked that well - to me it felt like something was missing. Personally and sadly, I think both the names and legendaries will be...predictable. D:

Well at the same time, what could have been missing then? There was no 3-legendary precednt, so 2 legendaries was quite a step up. And they probably will be predictable as far as the mascot ass soon as B/W come out, but them being the only legendaries known (with the exception of event only victini) so we can't guess it's automatically gray/grey without seeing if there's a 3rd, and what it is. Though the title may surprise us, I was surprised by Platinum's name.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
    Years
    Thats Nintendo for you.. Constantly leeching money off the Pokemon franchise by relaseing a version everyone and thier mother is going to buy despite already having both Black and White :/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well at the same time, what could have been missing then? There was no 3-legendary precednt, so 2 legendaries was quite a step up. And they probably will be predictable as far as the mascot ass soon as B/W come out, but them being the only legendaries known (with the exception of event only victini) so we can't guess it's automatically gray/grey without seeing if there's a 3rd, and what it is. Though the title may surprise us, I was surprised by Platinum's name.

Oh, well I'm not all for the Grey idea - I'm really hoping it's Opal, but I guess I'm trying not to set my hopes too high. :(

Years
    We will never know what the third game is until al the legendaries are released. If there is a grey legend then Grey version is a likely possibility. If there is no grey legend then I highly doubt that is what the next game will be called.

IF the third installment has a legendary mascot. However, being that the first two did, it's extremely likely it will, but we don't know what they could pull on us.

Last edited:

knook

Standing on the Sun
    Years
    But I thought that White and Black were set in different times? With the buildings being over-grown by nature in White and buildings and industry being the main power in Black?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back