• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
  • Except that they never do third versions of remakes... :/

Pokemon Grey is lame and predictable. We better have Pokemon Maroon or something.

gray version is a lame and weak name. it might be brown version. i mean gray is in between black and white. well check the other generations. when has the third game been named something between the names of the other two. yellow isn't between red and blue. crystal isn't in between gold and silver. the names of the third games in all previous generations has always been simply a name in the same catagorie as the other 2 name. (catagories: color, gem, precious stone, metallic alloid.....) so in this case it could simply have the name of any color, maybe brown or some color no one's heard of. and like i said earlier. if they're determined to name it gray, which is a lame name, they could simply use names close to gray like:
    mercury
    iron
    ... any name of a gray or silver metal or an adjective and then add the word gray in the title, making it a duo name like heartgold, soulsilver....

GOD my head hurts !!!!!!! I hate when i start thinking like this.

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    Pokemon Twilight Version

- Runs and hides from the knives people have thrown at me -

I'm suggesting this because the definition of Twilight is:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Twilight is the time between dawn and sunrise, and between sunset and dusk. Sunlight scattered in the upper atmosphere illuminates the lower atmosphere, and the surface of the Earth is neither completely lit nor completely dark.

Basically, Twilight is the time inbetween night and day, and Black and White always make me think of night and day, however, this won't happen (and if it did it would be terrible) because of the movie craze.

Spoiler:

With Twilight version out of the picture, realisticly I think it will be Spectrum version. I just hope its not Grey, I think Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by naming the first gen 5 games black and white, because for the third version they should probably name it after a colour/shade for continuity, which leaves Grey/Gray as the best choice, but that is far too predictable and in my opinion a bit too boring, not to mention theres two different spellings of it.

Seeing as Black and White are complete opposites, I'd like to see
    Pokemon Fusion/Hybrid Version

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Pokemon Twilight Version

- Runs and hides from the knives people have thrown at me -

I'm suggesting this because the definition of Twilight is:

Basically, Twilight is the time inbetween night and day, and Black and White always make me think of night and day, however, this won't happen (and if it did it would be terrible) because of the movie craze.

Spoiler:

With Twilight version out of the picture, realisticly I think it will be Spectrum version. I just hope its not Grey, I think Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by naming the first gen 5 games black and white, because for the third version they should probably name it after a colour/shade for continuity, which leaves Grey/Gray as the best choice, but that is far too predictable and in my opinion a bit too boring, not to mention theres two different spellings of it.

Seeing as Black and White are complete opposites, I'd like to see
    Pokemon Fusion/Hybrid Version

Twilight? I see your connection, but with the vampire twilight I don;t see that going over well. What about dusk? That's like twilight.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • People there will be not HG/SS remake,
    1. There is no need because HG/SS have Crystal features (unless you want B/W graphics and Pokemon)
    2. Remakes don't have 3rd versions (or Remakes don't have remakes lol)

Third Game? Hm.. Maybe Grey?
    Actually I'd prefer something cooler like Pokemon Rainbow

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Alot of people are saying Grey or whatever, but ya know... ninetendo might just suprise us! We were all exspecting jewal like names for the 5th gen games but we got the colours again, and look at the 4th gens 3rd name, I don't think anyone was exspecting Platinum (sounds more like somthing they should have used for crystal - gold, silver, platinum....! :D Annnyyyywaayyyyyyysssss! I've changed my mind, I think its gonna be somthing no ones thought of yet ;D

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    Twilight? I see your connection, but with the vampire twilight I don;t see that going over well. What about dusk? That's like twilight.

Yeah I know it would suck because of "vampire" stuff, I chose Twilight over Dusk because Twilight occours at both the start and end of the day, Dusk is great but it sounds like it should be paired with Dawn (Dusk and Dawn versions would have been great alternatives to Black and White IMO)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm thinking Pokemon Sepia also. Like photographs. Also, Sepia sort of represents the Wild West/Red Indian times; the area in between.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • Have the even announced that their will BE a third game yet? All these changes are happening, restarting Pokedex and Routes etc, is there any need for a third game?

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Have the even announced that their will BE a third game yet? All these changes are happening, restarting Pokedex and Routes etc, is there any need for a third game?

There has been a third game for the past four generations (i.e. all of them) and they never announce until like a year after the first two were released.

So..why would they magically announce a third game now?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • Lol Black and White aren't colors they are shades and the other other shade is grey ;)

Why are you guys in such a hurry.

"Magmaruby and Aquasapphire" is right. its taking them more time to make games now seeing how it took them 2 or 3 years to make platinum and its name had nothing to do with the names of the previous two.

now i have to say i once again agree with "Magmaruby and Aquasapphire". gray is the most likely name or some new color no ones heard of or a jewel in the same consideration. or like i said earlier something related to gray or brown.

Years
  • I've probably posted here before, but what the hey...
    Gray, obviously, is the... obvious way to go. But as some people have suggested, Nintendo/Game Freak don't always take the obvious route. This goes way back to when Crystal was released. Gold, Silver... Crystal? Surely Bronze would have been more appropriate, or some other pure metal (not that I know anything about them). And then with Platinum- Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Notice somethin?
    Gold, Silver, Crystal.
    Diamond, Pearl, Platinum.
    I personally think this sounds more appropriate:
    Gold, Silver, Platinum.
    Diamond, Pearl, Crystal.
    Well, they fit their themes more.
    So after that load of (what MIGHT be considered off-topic) text, my point is that while Gray is the likely name for the inevitable 3rd sister game, they could go with something completely different.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back