• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I kind of wish they would give us a second region this time around (in which we start our game), as it's been a while since we've had something like it.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I'm thinking that Z might not be a typical third version... Perhaps it'll be at first an interquel, one where the adventure ends up going south instead of north. With southern Kalos having it's own league. In the south we could get the tale behind how Flare got Xerneas and Yvetal, and perhaps an extended role for Malva. Perhaps Malva was the one in charge of southern Kalos.

Sun vmed me about something Blue (member here) found on 4Chan. Masuda apparently went to southern France for what he said was to "study". Which seems like perhaps southern Kalos will be a thing.
    Here's the link https://4archive.org/board/vp/thread/24813349

During WW II the Nazi's occupied northern France, while southern France was a puppet. Perhaps if Flare is indeed based on the Nazi's, then Flare's role in southern Kalos could be different. Their main area of activity is to the north, but in the south they can play more of a hidden, behind the scenes role.

Edit: So I plotted the places that Masuda went to and noticed that they are all in deep southern france. Could this be more for a future region...

I have had this thought for ages. Seems with BW2 he wanted to break away from the regular 3rd version plus he said in 2014 Z was too predictable and with the year off I can see it being for making "Z" better and needing more time to add stuff over just minor tweaks. I am hoping to see a reveal before E3 but even E3 is not too far.

If Maginia is shown officially soon imagine if the new game is shown alongside it XD At the very least we should find out if it is a legendary and if it is Gen 7 which that alone will be a nice confirmation.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Perhaps Magiana will be a bonus legendary of sorts if it's not Gen 6.5 or 7. Or perhaps if it is Gen 7 it'll get an event like Zoroark and Zorua in BW. Well, they can do that even if it's Gen 6 Bonus or full blown 6.5.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Perhaps Magiana will be a bonus legendary of sorts if it's not Gen 6.5 or 7. Or perhaps if it is Gen 7 it'll get an event like Zoroark and Zorua in BW. Well, they can do that even if it's Gen 6 Bonus or full blown 6.5.

If it is Gen 6 that will be pretty interesting. I kinda hope it is 6.5 and South Kalos is not done for Gen 7 just due to the chance of Gen 7 being on NX and I am guessing a big graphic overhaul will happen. Would just be weird to have Gen 6 on a SD system with while Gen 7 would be on a HD system and who knows what style it will have in terms of looks. So yeah I am all for South Kalos don't get me wrong but I would rather have it as 6.5 for Z over Gen 7. Actually it would be really fun to have for Z. :) Dang it Mr.Masuda give us hints!

Years
  • I've read in another forum where Magiana's inspriation could be, other than only looking similar to Diancie.
    They took some liberties with historical accuracy, but Magiana's "dress" and overall style is a mix of 16th Century Fashion and Victorian Era Fashion in France, with the rounded shoulders and the golden frills respectively. Further more, Automata were widely popular in 1600s France, and they were the harbringer of the Industrial Revolution within Europe. Volcanion the steam Pokemon, and Magiana the Man Made Pokemon, an automaton. Steam and Machinery, the basic components for the advancement of technology.
    Another thing to consider is that the gear is based on either a Gabet Hood(a wired multicornered hood) or a French Hood.Both are worn from the midsection of the head and go around, much like the gear.

I had a sense it looks much like some sort of secret Kalos mythical Pokemon to me. Now to just see the official reveal of Magiana later on today if it comes..

Years
  • I've read in another forum where Magiana's inspriation could be, other than only looking similar to Diancie.
    They took some liberties with historical accuracy, but Magiana's "dress" and overall style is a mix of 16th Century Fashion and Victorian Era Fashion in France, with the rounded shoulders and the golden frills respectively. Further more, Automata were widely popular in 1600s France, and they were the harbringer of the Industrial Revolution within Europe. Volcanion the steam Pokemon, and Magiana the Man Made Pokemon, an automaton. Steam and Machinery, the basic components for the advancement of technology.
    Another thing to consider is that the gear is based on either a Gabet Hood(a wired multicornered hood) or a French Hood.Both are worn from the midsection of the head and go around, much like the gear.

I had a sense it looks much like some sort of secret Kalos mythical Pokemon to me. Now to just see the official reveal of Magiana later on today if it comes..

It likely is based on the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karakuri_puppet
    It's a Japanese Automata. Along with some inspiration from the moon rabbit legend based on it's rabbit shaped ears.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I know that one thing is certain... the reveal of a brand-new Pokemon in the midst of Zygarde, Volcanion, and the 20th anniversary hype has made the wait for a new game even more agonizing than it's been before. At least to me anyways... it's starting to feel like the calm before the hype storm.

Years
  • I know that one thing is certain... the reveal of a brand-new Pokemon in the midst of Zygarde, Volcanion, and the 20th anniversary hype has made the wait for a new game even more agonizing than it's been before. At least to me anyways... it's starting to feel like the calm before the hype storm.

It's odd that the official site hasn't updated with the info on Magiana yet...

Edit: Well it seems like last month's issue's stuff was also updated on the 15th here in the west, so perhaps they changed they time it normally updates so that corocoro will be out by then.

Last edited:
    Years
  • People think that Kalos will look like a Hexagon with a south portion added, but if they add all of France to Kalos it'll still look like a Pentagon as France is kind of Pentagonal in real life.
    Actually perfect Zygarde's head is kind of shaped like a Pentagon... and 50%'s head kind of looks like an upside down pentagon. It's most noticeable in it's official art work.
    Third Version Speculation

Oh, I knew those inspirations were there for Magiana. Thought it'll be nice to add these as part of it.

If that's the case,  how come Zygarde only has hexagons glowing in it's body rather than pentagons? 50% form would've had pentagons instead of hexagons if it's going to represent Kalos by the shape. You don't see any signs of pentagons in the core,cells, and 10%. And there are more hexagons in the latter forms than anything else.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Not sure about the rest, but the underground Lumiose part would be interesting. Seeing as Lumiose is the Poké equivalent of Paris and Paris has the Catacombs that run underneath. This could be implemented as a cave area full of ghosts, or even as one of the Pokémon graveyard type places that have been in past games.

Going to the catacombs would be cool imo. Plus it provides easier access around the city if they want us to start there. Getting ghost types early on would be pretty nice as well.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Hoping the Pokemon YT page confirms if it is Gen 6 or not tomorrow since they tend to update videos the day Coro comes out.

I want to point out if you go to the channel and go to the video game playlist they have a video set to private :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    OK, I've been thinking about Magiana and it got me thinking as to whether the move they are taking with the anime/movies are going to be closely related to the Z game.

I would love to see an older version of Kalos, like a time travel twist and something really cool like trying to find Volcanion and Magiana. That to me would be really awesome.

Especially seeing as Pokemon is trying to "do new things" with their games and that, and maybe setting it 500 years in the past would be really cool - it would tie in with everything thematically from XY.

Years
  • Oh, I knew those inspirations were there for Magiana. Thought it'll be nice to add these as part of it.

If that's the case, how come Zygarde only has hexagons glowing in it's body rather than pentagons? 50% form would've had pentagons instead of hexagons if it's going to represent Kalos by the shape. You don't see any signs of pentagons in the core,cells, and 10%. And there are more hexagons in the latter forms than anything else.
    Hexagon could be a red herring. France is Pentagon shape, but if they shift the southern tip more south I guess they could make it a hexagon... I think the Pentagon head though is the more important sign. Crowns have a Pentagonal shape to them. Plus the Pentagon represents magic (Fairy). Plus GF made the Blue pentagon for the generational symbol.

Zygarde's hexagons might be a reference to cell membranes (more noticeable in plants' cellwalls).

Edit: Well it seems that France considers itself Hexagon shaped so...yeah Hexagons might be it ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    OK, I've been thinking about Magiana and it got me thinking as to whether the move they are taking with the anime/movies are going to be closely related to the Z game.

I would love to see an older version of Kalos, like a time travel twist and something really cool like trying to find Volcanion and Magiana. That to me would be really awesome.

Especially seeing as Pokemon is trying to "do new things" with their games and that, and maybe setting it 500 years in the past would be really cool - it would tie in with everything thematically from XY.

Did they have pokeballs back in those times I wonder

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Did they have pokeballs back in those times I wonder

Well, Magiana is stated as being made 500 years ago in the movie. And Kurt tells you that he makes Pokeballs the traditional way in GSC/HGSS using Apricorns which has been a method used for 500 - 700 years.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Well, Magiana is stated as being made 500 years ago in the movie. And Kurt tells you that he makes Pokeballs the traditional way in GSC/HGSS using Apricorns which has been a method used for 500 - 700 years.

Ah would be an interesting way to get balls.

Also it was confirmed like 10 mins ago Mr.Masuda is going to E3

Years
  • Hexagon could be a red herring. France is Pentagon shape, but if they shift the southern tip more south I guess they could make it a hexagon... I think the Pentagon head though is the more important sign. Crowns have a Pentagonal shape to them. Plus the Pentagon represents magic (Fairy). Plus GF made the Blue pentagon for the generational symbol.

Zygarde's hexagons might be a reference to cell membranes (more noticeable in plants' cellwalls).

Edit: Well it seems that France considers itself Hexagon shaped so...yeah Hexagons might be it ;)

Ah, see? They didn't name themselves "l'hexagone" for nothing! It does serve purpose, and that's why all this time I would really like GF to incorporate this somehow in the next Kalos games (if they can reveal the goddamm games already!) It'll be really sweet and cool, and give Kalos a whole new meaning that many people don't expect to be in "Z"

Now I'm just wondering what's taking their time with Magiana's reveal? I guess tomorrow won't hurt for them..

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Ah would be an interesting way to get balls.

Also it was confirmed like 10 mins ago Mr.Masuda is going to E3

Ooh that's cool. I'm seriously hoping for a Z announcement soon and then Gen 7 announcement at E3. I mean, BW2 were announced in the February before a June (Japanese) release. Arguably, XY was announced almost a year later with a late 2013 release...

Do you think Masuda will be announcing Z? Or something else?

Years
  • Well, Magiana is stated as being made 500 years ago in the movie. And Kurt tells you that he makes Pokeballs the traditional way in GSC/HGSS using Apricorns which has been a method used for 500 - 700 years.

Where did you get that from? From what I'm seeing they haven't been around for anywhere near that long as far as the games are concerned. Drayden even says that they didn't exist when he was a kid, although I guess it's possible that Unova just didn't have them until recently.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back