• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • No it's originally red and green in japan..
    I'm aware, but Japan did get the international Red and Blue pair later on too, it's kind of odd. Kind of sad how Green is left out in most color schemes of the legendary mascots, despite being the original second version, except for Rayquaza, yet we got a whole ton of red and blue, and even yellow (Blue: Lugia's belly, Suicune, Kyogre, Groudon's lines in the opening of Emerald glowed Blue irc, Dialga, Zekrom's light, Reshiram's eyes, Xerneas; Red: Ho-oh, Groudon, Kyogre's lines, Palkia has some pink (a shade of red btw), Reshiram's light, Yvetal; Yellow: Rayquaza's linesGiratina has a lot of yellow/gold, Kyurem's eyes and in their Pokedex app irc it's grey forme sometimes gave off a faint yellow light. Green: Ho-oh has some bits of Green , Rayquaza, and if Z ever gets announced, Zygarde.) Well, at least Japanese Blue came out in 1996 too.

Juice585

M'Ampharos
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    I like the names Az and Delta Z myself.

Here's something completely radical that your post just made me think of.

What if the next game is two separate games? Not just two games like XY that are set in the same region, but something like Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons that are somehow "connected"? One game would focus on Southern Kalos. A second would focus on the Azoth Kingdom. You'd have to play both games to get the full storyline, but they would both end up in the same spot.

The game would start in Vaniville Town once again, but Calem would go off to Southern Kalos and Serena to the Azoth Kingdom. Calem's job is to find Volcanion, Serena's is to find Magearna. Volcanion is looking for Magearna. So at the end of each of the games, played through the eyes of each player, you'd reach the same spot and have the same endgame conclusion. But they're two separate games.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Here's something completely radical that your post just made me think of.

What if the next game is two separate games? Not just two games like XY that are set in the same region, but something like Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons that are somehow "connected"? One game would focus on Southern Kalos. A second would focus on the Azoth Kingdom. You'd have to play both games to get the full storyline, but they would both end up in the same spot.

The game would start in Vaniville Town once again, but Calem would go off to Southern Kalos and Serena to the Azoth Kingdom. Calem's job is to find Volcanion, Serena's is to find Magearna. Volcanion is looking for Magearna. So at the end of each of the games, played through the eyes of each player, you'd reach the same spot and have the same endgame conclusion. But they're two separate games.
    That be pretty neat! I've seen it suggested that there are two games left open for Pokebank compatibility, so the 3rd game could be two games. however I wouldn't have thought of it like this. This would be pretty cool if that's what they did.

Years
  • That be pretty neat! I've seen it suggested that there are two games left open for Pokebank compatibility, so the 3rd game could be two games. however I wouldn't have thought of it like this. This would be pretty cool if that's what they did.
    It's not Pokébank, the compatibility is with XY and OrAs. I have a feeling that the other game might be GO...

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Gonna take another route of speculation that has crossed my mind...

I'm wondering if we should start taking the Strange Souvenir into serious consideration with the reveal of Magearna. I'm not saying that the SS depicts Magearna, but what if those two things are a sign of Gen 7 coming sooner than we thought? If that's the case, then I'm really hoping it follows the Kanto/Johto scenario and then we would still get our Zygarde-centric story that would focus on both the new Gen 7 region and Kalos. Programming-wise, I think it may be doable; they were able to fit Johto and Kanto into HGSS on the DS. The 3DS I imagine has quite a bit more memory space in it than the DS has(don't know if I'm using the right terms, but yeah), so I think it MIGHT be possible to cram Kalos and a Gen 7 region into the new game.

Ahh, BUT... what if we get it on the NX instead? Kinda doubting that one because we don't even have a release date for it. They're supposed to talk about it during E3(I almost said E4, lmao) this year, so the speculation will get much more interesting if we don't hear about the new game by then.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Does anyone have any idea on when NX will be releasing, precisely? If it's sometime this year, I'm quite sure gen seven will wind up being on this console (or, at least I hope!).

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Gonna take another route of speculation that has crossed my mind...

I'm wondering if we should start taking the Strange Souvenir into serious consideration with the reveal of Magearna. I'm not saying that the SS depicts Magearna, but what if those two things are a sign of Gen 7 coming sooner than we thought? If that's the case, then I'm really hoping it follows the Kanto/Johto scenario and then we would still get our Zygarde-centric story that would focus on both the new Gen 7 region and Kalos. Programming-wise, I think it may be doable; they were able to fit Johto and Kanto into HGSS on the DS. The 3DS I imagine has quite a bit more memory space in it than the DS has(don't know if I'm using the right terms, but yeah), so I think it MIGHT be possible to cram Kalos and a Gen 7 region into the new game.

Ahh, BUT... what if we get it on the NX instead? Kinda doubting that one because we don't even have a release date for it. They're supposed to talk about it during E3(I almost said E4, lmao) this year, so the speculation will get much more interesting if we don't hear about the new game by then.

Thing about NX is how soon 3DS support would be pulled. While they said 3DS will still exist we don't know for how long that would be. 1 year,2 years 5 years. I would hate for Z to be this year and Gen 7 to be on 3DS too only for wifi support to get pulled 2 years into it and we have no way to play with others online till Gen 8.

Of course everything for everything is speculation. Till we get told by GF or the big N. Imagine if Masuda is reading this thread and petting his cat while smiling evilly.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I've had this feeling that he's been doing this since the Zygarde Formes reveal last year, in the same fashion of a certain someone who was the main antagonist of Season 1 of the original series.

Omg Im shocked its gonna be March soon and still not a single word about a new game LOL

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Does anyone have any idea on when NX will be releasing, precisely? If it's sometime this year, I'm quite sure gen seven will wind up being on this console (or, at least I hope!).

There is no official release for the NX nor is it confirmed to be a home console, because mainline Pokemon games are sticking with handhelds as confirmed by Game Freak; any information you heard regarding the NX are only mere rumors brought up by gamers upset about last year's E3 for not getting what they wanted.

Years
  • There is no official release for the NX nor is it confirmed to be a home console, because mainline Pokemon games are sticking with handhelds as confirmed by Game Freak; any information you heard regarding the NX are only mere rumors brought up by gamers upset about last year's E3 for not getting what they wanted.

I don't think they're all coming from angry gamers. Some of them sound out there, but others sound possible. We'll know more by this E3.
    We'll likely get 'Z' on the 3DS. Around the time that Emerald was coming out there was already speculation about the Ds.

Crin

Life is all about choices
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Anyone think they'll announce Pokemon Z (or what ever they decide to call it) on Feb 27th? The actual 20th anniversary?

Years
  • I'm hoping for an announcement on the 27th . If not the 27th, then at least the same week, or week after.

Of course, I can see them not announcing anything just because of R/B hitting the eshop that day.

The timing is deff perfect though, and seeing as b2/w2 got announced in feb a few years ago, I can see a similar situation here. A lot of people seem to think a nintendo direct is imminent, and if it happens within the next week, it'd be a perfect time to show a trailer.

Jeez . .we're 3-ish months away from it being a year since that silhouette zygarde's form was teased. Lol, I remember saying "I'm sure we'll hear about a new main series game soon! There's no way they'll confirm so many new forms/pokemon/etc without announcing the next game they'll be in" . . .oh how I was wrong.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    There is no official release for the NX nor is it confirmed to be a home console, because mainline Pokemon games are sticking with handhelds as confirmed by Game Freak; any information you heard regarding the NX are only mere rumors brought up by gamers upset about last year's E3 for not getting what they wanted.

GF won't have a choice if Nintendo go the fusion route though. Just because GF likes handhelds they will either need to stop making the games or adapt if Nintendo pulls the hug out from under them. Like let's pretend NX is a home console and 3DS support dies in 2018 (Just tossing an example) They won't have much of a choice. So even if GF wants to stay with handhelds it all depends what Nintendo plans to do. And while Iwata did say 3DS,Wii U and NX would live in harmony the new article I read about Kimishima reinventing Nintendo worries me. Idk how true it is but I heard he actually stopped Iwata's QoL project. He seems much more business focused than Iwata who seemed more friendly and was a gamer. This makes me worried Kimishima will just focus on the money part of the company. Though maybe I am worrying too much. I guess E3 will clear everything up with both Pokemon and NX and even the future. :)

I swear if Z is shown next week I will freak. Full House reboot AND Z in the same weekend?! There has to be a reason why this game is being so mysterious. Idk.... the longer it goes the more I feel Z is anime only and the forms could be anime only too. That or the game gets the forms but they are just in the game and the story won't even focus on Zygarde too much. Idk this whole thing is weird since you would think the anime hype would be closer to the games reveal. Makes me just feel the story of the games will be the new storyline in the anime once the Z arc is done and over with. Masuda is going to kill the fans with the wait. 2099 will be here and we will be old but Masuda will not age a day and reveal the new game :)

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • Oh man...Nintendo needs to says something, cause I'm here debating to get a 3DSXL, with either X or Y, or Ruby/Sapphire. Or should I just wait for the Z...

But it's interesting that they waited this long for a potential third game. It would feel like they'd release a brand new generation. But with the anime/movies being released this year, it makes somewhat sense to release this year. Unless they are setting everyone up with disappointment, and mass lackluster.

Years
  • Oh man...Nintendo needs to says something, cause I'm here debating to get a 3DSXL, with either X or Y, or Ruby/Sapphire. Or should I just wait for the Z...

But it's interesting that they waited this long for a potential third game. It would feel like they'd release a brand new generation. But with the anime/movies being released this year, it makes somewhat sense to release this year. Unless they are setting everyone up with disappointment, and mass lackluster.

Maybe they are suffering a delay, and rather not announce the games ahead of time. They jumped the gun with RG in 1995 and DP in 2005. It's better than pulling a FF XV on us.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • So... this Japanese post on Twitter has been starting to circulate in the fandom:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sunma47/status/701118410877370368

Yes, the photo itself is old, but what's interesting is that specific parts - namely their Pokemon - have been blurred out. It was also posted on the 20th, which was yesterday Western time. Here's a rough translation of what came up on Google Translate:

"And, "Pokemon · XY & Z" is, W new developments of the protagonist! This person is also in the studio, tension raised up w. It is surrounded by a veteran, recording of nervous in a good way? Please stay tuned for the coming deployment!"

This may be some sort of hint as to what's to come after the Zygarde/Team Flare arc, or the XY&Z season itself. I'm going to play devil's advocate here and throw out a theory: if we actually end up getting a "Gen 6.5" of sorts with a Southern Kalos or new region, this may be hinting at them getting some of those new 'mons in replacement of their current roosters.

Years
  • What's with the W? Pokemon W and Z? W is the fourth axis, representing time. If a W and Z were Gen VII it'll be a hint to DP remakes, as the 3rd dimension represents space, and 4th is time. Or maybe Dp remakes for Gen VI.5... would be a surprise...

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm perplexed by the "W" as well. IIRC, that's not the only time I've seen a "w" by itself on past Japanese Twitter posts relating to Pokemon; from Masuda and somebody else, maybe TPC but I can't swear to it on that one. It could be the way it comes out translated, I'm not sure. But just for fun, if you flip Complete Zygarde upside-down, it resembles a big "W" somewhat.

EDIT: Ahh... what's this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/701561242121416704

Something about Game Freak and something being sold... I didn't quite understand all of it, it comes out kind of cryptic when translated on both Google and Bing.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back