• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: This forum is too crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    I decided to leave a forum called "The Super Mario Party Website Forum", because it was polluted. I felt very dissapointed. Now I'm here to discuss about this forum. It's generally safe, but it's so crowded, that I'm not able to recognize the users there is, but I know a few members well.

This Name is Exactly 36 Letters Long
    Dogboy2979
    Solar Abarusu (Sorry about the misspelling)

There are too many users there, that I would like to go to a forum where there is about 100 active users or less. This forum has like 10,000 active members, and that's too much!! I may have to find or make a new forum.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • That's not a bad thing. There's always someone to talk to. It's good to have a lot of people around. It keeps the site going. If you don't like that, then maybe this isn't the site for you. You can't really complain though. You hardly expect anyone to ban new members from joining or ask a few to leave because one member is unhappy.

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Well, having just like 50 or 75 members will make you have friends quickly, but if there is like 9,245 active members, you will not recognize them all. I like a roomy forum with just a few members like 50 or 75. This forum has like 9,245 active users! The main reason why I joined is because the previous forum I joined isn't working.

Zet

Years
  • I would have to say there's a lot less active members than that amount you just said. But then again this is the internet and it's a crowded place and finding a forum with 100 active users or less would be hard to find since forums grow big over time and you'll just find yourself running around in circles until you can't find any more forums to join.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Well surely you're not going to even know all 9245 of those active members!

After about 5 years on PC, I only know less than 1/128 of that population. I find myself comfortable with the circle of friends I have. I suggest you stick to a particular section and befriend the regulars there. There's always someone to talk to though, which I find amazing.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Wow...just wow...I've seen people make pretty petty complaints about PC, but this is the stupidest complaint I've seen. (/)_-)

You don't have to try and befriend everyone on the forums you know. Just make a friend at a time until you're satisfied. Somehow, I think your completely missing the point of a web forum. XD

but then again, you can call me a hypocrite if you want. There was an era where I, along with several other old-timers from the 2003 era, left the board due to a flood of n00bies...at least I came back on a new account years later. :P

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • This Name is Exactly 36 Letters Long
    Dogboy2979
    Solar Abarusu (Sorry about the misspelling)

There are too many users there, that I would like to go to a forum where there is about 100 active users or less. This forum has like 10,000 active members, and that's too much!! I may have to find or make a new forum.

This Name is Exactly 36 Letters Long- he's had a name change it's um something like 'THE WONDERFUL PIXY GUY' or something

and I think it's great there are so many active users here thats how its supose to be XD

OM3GA Umbr30n

Was Mazot2
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 3, 2010
    -face palm-
    That pretty much describes this problem
    i mean it would only be too crowded if there was like 10 million members half spammer a quarter inactive and one eighth mean and horrible O.o

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    There is like 16,000 active users I think that is good because you will have one to talk and it keeps the forum going. You don't want every thread to have only like 5 posts do you?

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • I Have Three Words For You.

GET. OVER. IT!

Forums are supposed to be crowded, if you want a Forum with 100 members or less then you will abrely get any interaction on it with anyone. The more people a forum has on it the better, i like this frum and all teh people i have made more friends here and it is much betters i think than having less and less members on it so:

GET. OVER. IT

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • There are too many users there, that I would like to go to a forum where there is about 100 active users or less. This forum has like 10,000 active members, and that's too much!! I may have to find or make a new forum.

Trust me. You don't want that. I was an admin on a forum with 100- members, and even I was bored. There were no problems to take care of. There was no one to talk to except other staff members, heck even the staff threads were inactive. That was the downfall of that forum: too less of activity. This forum is successful because there are so many active members, active threads, and active staff. It's a good thing that there's so many people. And besides, it's not like being on a "crowded forum" can ignite claustrophobia.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Yeah, I've been an admin or a moderator on several forums that have only had about 100- members, and it's incredibly boring. I find that mostly the staff post threads, which kind of flood the forum, and there's only one or two members that actually actively post stuff. I mean, wouldn't you rather post and wait only a few minutes for a reply, rather than wait days?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I found that forums with only about 100 members or something aren't really active, or simply die off. So I really don't quite understand why you would not want a very active forum with many active members. It means that there is always something going on here, and you're not looking at places that haven't been posted for days.

Years
  • As others have said before, a board with a small population is boring. I had one once, and with only 20-some active members, it died pretty quickly. Nothing being talked about, nothing new coming, almost nothing, really.

If you really want to make more friends here, I would suggest going around to various parts of the board and posting there. The most active members of those areas could befriend you. And who knows? You could find yourseld interested in something you weren't before.

But this whole "this forum is too crowded" thing is a bit rediculous of a complaint. The board isn't filled with a bunch of trolls, spammers, and flamers, and be glad for that.

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • Well, having just like 50 or 75 members will make you have friends quickly, but if there is like 9,245 active members, you will not recognize them all. I like a roomy forum with just a few members like 50 or 75. This forum has like 9,245 active users! The main reason why I joined is because the previous forum I joined isn't working.

Thats a dumbass thing to do. When i joined a month or so back what i did was go down to the bottom and see how many members there were, i didnt want someplace with 200-300 members, HELLO!? Snoozefest Dot Com.

Thats A Tip, when searching for a forum always check how many members there were,

I saw a LOT of Pokemon forums, i chose this one because a. it had the most members and b. it looks much more well designed

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Um, okay? You pretty much posted that you joined here and are now thinking of leaving. Congratulations. If you want to leave, doesn't seem like you've got too many friends, wouldn't be that hard huh?

PC is popular. Get used to it. It's not like everyone here is friends with the 16,673 other active users here. Just post around and eventually you'll make friends. But don't go complaining in a thread, which essentially you're asking PC to kill off a few thousand members. Cause you do know that's the only solution to your little problem. That, and suck it up and make a few friends.

Sorry if this sounds mean but your little complaint is a bit ridiculous, in my opinion.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    So, you want forums to die??

Sorry, but why on earth did you bother joining PC if it's too busy? Forums are meant to be that way, if you don't like it, that's just tough luck, because a lot of forums are like this.

Um, okay? You pretty much posted that you joined here and are now thinking of leaving. Congratulations. If you want to leave, doesn't seem like you've got too many friends, wouldn't be that hard huh?

PC is popular. Get used to it. It's not like everyone here is friends with the 16,673 other active users here. Just post around and eventually you'll make friends. But don't go complaining in a thread, which essentially you're asking PC to kill off a few thousand members. Cause you do know that's the only solution to your little problem. That, and suck it up and make a few friends.

Sorry if this sounds mean but your little complaint is a bit ridiculous, in my opinion.

This is pretty much the truth imo. :D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back