• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: This forum is too crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    I agree with pretty much everyone here.
    You decided to join this forum. Oh no, it's got a lot of members.
    Do you want us to start closing the forum to new users?
    That's a pretty stupid thing to do, imho.
    o3o

Years
    I feel for you.

I came from one of those smaller forums where everyone was friends. Community forums are nice. The problem was that once Platinum was released everyone started hating Pokemon, so I left. ._.

I love the activity here though, keeps me from getting bored... :/

kthxbai

VCaliber

The Cutest (=
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    Agreed. I mean, if you have too few people then the forums just die. This isn't to many in any large sense here. You are going to find its the same way everywhere. I hope you don't go to Smogon, they have like three times the members we do.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    A large active forum population only means more circulation of ideas, excitement, and a reason to come back.

Also, taking timezones and RL into account, not everybody's active all the time, and some members only visit specific boards on the forum.. Thanks to good management and a generally awesome population, the forum has yet to be 'polluted' imho.

Now that the Pokecommunity is as 'huge' as it is, I don't see how its size is a quickly reversible thing. So if this large community doesn't suit you, the best thing I could recommend is that you find a smaller one.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    You know...........................nobody is forcing you to stay at PC. You cold always try Mysidia (rofl).

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    2 cents:

1. A forum with little members only makes you able to recognise each one of them, you may not even befriend them, as there are a lot of factors around that matter. In PokéCommunity, it takes a while to even remember the names of the staff members (unless you look at forum leaders' for a while).
    2. This forum leans towards Pokémon gaming, which will naturally attract a lot of members. Also, considering the features, new members join at an even more rapid rate. But still, 10k active members (though I doubt the number) isn't 'big', with forums like offtopic.com reaching 210K+ of active members. How would you feel like if you posted this on their forums?
    3. Topic-wise, the more the members on a forum, the bigger the benefits:
      1. You get more opinions about a subject, as more people post in it.
      2. Your contributions become more popular, faster.
      3. It's bigger of a challenge, if you take the path of the 'constructive poster'.
      4. There are more, but I decided to make a small parenthesis, after all.
    4. Last time I checked, there are a lot of people to choose from in real life, but only a few become 'your friends'. The same happens on the internet.

I guess that you need no further explanation, after 25 posts of critique against you. Case rest.

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
    Haha! This is the stupidest complain i've heard on ANY forum.

The purpose of an internet, KEYWORD: INTERNET, forum is for a multitude of people to gather and discuss things. Of course, there are some that place you under a wait to be approved. Otherwise anyone can register and join.

What you call "crowded", I call plentiful.

Such a ridiculous rant. Get off you computer and go sit in a corner somewhere.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, don't complain, it's good the forum is active.

Certain people go in certain areas, depending on what interests them, for example, I like the manga, trading, and battling, so I go to:
    1.Trade Corner
    2.Pokespec fan club
    3.S & MYeah, well, those mods hate me, so I avoid there in order to stop fighting.

But seriously, have you seen smogon?They have 100s of active threads in every section.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The main reason I hang out on over-crowded forums is because of the wonderful reiteration you get to see in Community Questions & Feedback threads. Pretty much the only valid reason for being on a forum anymore.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    And I think we already hit the point where all the possible new replies are going to be a copy of a previous one, soo...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back