• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This is a story about a cat.

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    So about a month ago, this cat shows up and starts hanging around the apartment building in which I live. Looks like an abandonment case, because it looked a bit chubby in the beginning, but has since slimmed down quite a bit.

Not really a big deal, since there are a lot of cats in the area. One night though, I find it lying around my front patio, with some bad looking wounds around its neck and face. Being worried about its health, I call the animal control department the next morning to come take it away. I call them up, get the cat set up in a box, and they show up about an hour later to take it away.

A few days later, I go outside to take out the trash, and as i'm heading back to my house, the same cat comes out from underneath the garbage bin, meowing and following me back home. I'm standing there, dumbstruck, and checking to make sure i'm not going crazy. I look closer, and it has a pink paper strip around its neck, with a number, which i'm assuming came from the animal shelter.

Pretty damn freaky I have to say. I'm still curious as to how it got back here. It's been about a week now, and I grew a little sympathetic and gave it a bit of food. Seriously though, what should I do? I feel a tad wierd calling the animal control guys again, and saying something like "Hey, you guys lose something?"

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    The cat obviously likes you XD
    Just take it home and take care of it XD

~Celebi

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    Sounds like a loyal partner.

Keep it, it will keep you company and it likes you. =D

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    As the cat likes you, I would make sure that it has good health, and take it in. The bad thing is that your apartment might not allow cats/pets, but hopefully they do. And if it is healthy and starts biting at your ankles, it is okay, it is just playing with you. My gray cat does that too much... I can tell that the cat likes you, because I have 5, but we used to have like 13 i think.

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    It's a cute cat, I admit. If it were my choice, i'd take it to a vet, get it fixed up, and take care of it.

Seems to like me a lot too.

Sadly, my apartment complex doesnt allow pets, though.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    If you love cats, keep it <3

I personally love cats, I use mine to take pictures of them doing stuff to post on I can has cheeseburger?

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    If you love cats, keep it <3

I personally love cats, I use mine to take pictures of them doing stuff to post on I can has cheeseburger?

I seriously wish I could. But my complex forbids pets.

It's just gonna get worse though. Because I cant take it in, it's been living around the garbage bin, and it's only getting dirtier and skinnier.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Well...Why don't you ask around and see if there is anyone you know who would want a cat.

Either that, or move out of that complex [/sarcasm]

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Mail it to me. My cat needs a foil for his insanity. Maybe I could train *your* cat to stave off mine. That would be nice.

Black_Wolf

I'm online. I'm just invisible
    Years
  • I seriously wish I could. But my complex forbids pets.

It's just gonna get worse though. Because I cant take it in, it's been living around the garbage bin, and it's only getting dirtier and skinnier.

There's always the option of returning it to the animal shelter. Hopefully one with a NO KILL policy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    Well...Why don't you ask around and see if there is anyone you know who would want a cat.

Either that, or move out of that complex [/sarcasm]

I'll ask a few of my friends if they wanna give it a go, but a skinny, dirty trash-cat with crusted wounds on it's face will be a tough sell. :D

I'm still dumbfounded as to how it got back here. Not only having it escape the shelter, but finding it's way all the way back to my place.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Even if you can't keep it in the building, you could still bring it food and drink outside. I'm sure the kitty wouldn't mind at all. :)

That way you're abiding by the rules of your complex, but still caring for the cat.

Try and keep an eye out for someone that would want the cat though... a good home would be better than anything.

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    Even if you can't keep it in the building, you could still bring it food and drink outside. I'm sure the kitty wouldn't mind at all. :)

That way you're abiding by the rules of your complex, but still caring for the cat.

Try and keep an eye out for someone that would want the cat though... a good home would be better than anything.

I've been giving it some food lately, even though it's probably just reinforcing the idea in the cats mind of hanging around my house. My parents don't approve of me doing this so I have to sneak the food to the cat.

Black_Wolf

I'm online. I'm just invisible
    Years
  • Call animal control, cats are selfish two-timing crackheads.

....What the hell? That's not nice, dude.

Cats are quite nice. They can be loyal also.

But...unfortunately, Animal Control might be the right choice in this situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Divinity_123, do not censor bypass at any time. I've edited your post accordingly, but do not do it again. There are children about, and just adding *'s doesn't leave much to the imagination.

Back