• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen This thread is made by Devon!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Remember the PokeNav? Or the simple yet humble Running Shoes!

Yes, those are one of the greatest creations of Devon!

Located at Rustboro City, their technologies gave Ruby and Sapphire some great and nifty features we come to love.

Now, since we got Omega Ruby and Aqua Sapphire, what do you think will happen to Devon? Will they become the newest villian corporation, or will the PokeNav come back? Discuss!

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    I think the Devon corporation facilities will be expanded on and have more things to do within the building, along with more technologies. Maybe some new balls and potions and stuff will be made there.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    The PokéNav must come back!

I love Devon. I love that kind of benevolent, rich company throwing money and tech around like it's nothing. I like how incorporated into the game they were- everything important was somehow related to Devon! It's fine with me if they stay that way- I don't want to see them going bad and buying out all the small business owners in Slateport or charging ridiculous amounts of money for simple things branded with their name. I want Mr Stone to be the lovely cheerful guy he always has been. And I want them to make more things! A whole range of nifty products for trainers would be lovely~

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    The PokéNav and Running Shoes were real neat to see, considering how running through wild grass seeming all too realistic.

I liked how they let scientists pursue their dreams in letting them create the technology of their choice, it's probably why Devon Corp turned out big in the first place! But they are all too prone for making a ten year old save their precious Devon Goods from an evil organisation and then burdening him with the trouble of delivering a personal letter and giving the Goods to some person all the way in Slateport. They don't even tell him how to get there! That was mighty rude of them, all though it was nice to receive the Exp. Share quite early.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I think it'd be awesome if Devon and his corporation could play more of a role ORAS. Perhaps they could help you out to go up against Team Aqua and Magma, to return favor for saving him back over at Petalburg Woods? It'd be really interesting if they could hire Lance, somehow, sort of like how it was in anime, and make him go undercover and secretly lend some assistance. Lance is more of a Johto/Kanto guy, so his appearance should be as limited as possible, but effective enough to actually let out a big roar. Aside from that, it would be nice if they were to develop more technologies, too, giving them a chance to bring Roller Skates back from X and Y. I know some people found them to be pretty annoying, but that could be avoidable this time around if they give us a way to un-equip them completely. :]

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Personally, I think it'd be awesome if Devon and his corporation could play more of a role ORAS. Perhaps they could help you out to go up against Team Aqua and Magma, to return favor for saving him back over at Petalburg Woods? It'd be really interesting if they could hire Lance, somehow, sort of like how it was in anime, and make him go undercover and secretly lend some assistance. Lance is more of a Johto/Kanto guy, so his appearance should be as limited as possible, but effective enough to actually let out a big roar. Aside from that, it would be nice if they were to develop more technologies, too, giving them a chance to bring Roller Skates back from X and Y. I know some people found them to be pretty annoying, but that could be avoidable this time around if they give us a way to un-equip them completely. :]

Hiring Lance to help out with the teams seem so... hardcore. It would be like a bunch of Devon scientists taking over the Devon Hideout and making research and stuff over there, and we could get something out of it? They could allow us to request them to simulate the weather in the nearby routs, for fun maybe?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It was super cool how Devon was involved in so many minute ways throughout the story, and then at the very end you discover that the son of their CEO is also the Champion! They could definitely amp up their involvement this time around, while still keeping them "in the background." They seemed so friendly, I would hate to see them turn bad, but it would be awesome if there was more emphasis placed on just how influential a company they are.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    It was super cool how Devon was involved in so many minute ways throughout the story, and then at the very end you discover that the son of their CEO is also the Champion! They could definitely amp up their involvement this time around, while still keeping them "in the background." They seemed so friendly, I would hate to see them turn bad, but it would be awesome if there was more emphasis placed on just how influential a company they are.

Maybe the evil team could even try to take over Devon Corp. (thus making the Devon Goods attack much more relevant) and control it to make innovative ideas for them. How would that feel? After you reach Lavaridge and come back to Petalburg, you'd have to go to Rustboro and clear out Team Aqua/Magma from their headquarters. That would be like, super cool.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
    I wish the with the Pokenav we can now send messages to our fellow Players. GameFreak has a more serious policy against obscenity unlike Nintendo's Swapnote so GameFreak might go for it. I would love for it to be used to help plan trade's, battle's and just meeting up.

Years
    Pokenav should come back. It allowed you to rebattle gym leaders and trainers iirc. The map feature was also convinite with match call, so you knew where they were.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Maybe the evil team could even try to take over Devon Corp. (thus making the Devon Goods attack much more relevant) and control it to make innovative ideas for them. How would that feel? After you reach Lavaridge and come back to Petalburg, you'd have to go to Rustboro and clear out Team Aqua/Magma from their headquarters. That would be like, super cool.

That's a cool idea! It would definitely give more focus to the Devon Goods, and it would kind of seem like an homage to the Rocket takeover of Radio Tower and Silph Co. I'm not sure how willing Game Freak would be to add in an entirely new plot element like that in a remake, but the possibility is there--it would certainly add more content, and that is a good thing, at least.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Remember the PokeNav? Or the simple yet humble Running Shoes!

Yes, those are one of the greatest creations of Devon!

Located at Rustboro City, their technologies gave Ruby and Sapphire some great and nifty features we come to love.

Now, since we got Omega Ruby and Aqua Sapphire, what do you think will happen to Devon? Will they become the newest villian corporation, or will the PokeNav come back? Discuss!

Devon Corporation should definitely come back; they're just too awesome! I would really hate for them to become villainous in any manner.. I mean, they help to enrich so many Trainers' lives by producing the PokéNav, Running Shoes, medicine, the Devon Scope, and the Poke Ball variants that are the Luxury, Premier, Net, Dive, Nest, Timer, and Repeat Balls!

The PokeNav should come back (its design really looks sleek to me, despite having to be strap-mounted, typically). The Hoenn Region Map, Condition, Trainer's Eyes/Match Call (enabled with more rematches, like with Steven Stone, and optional phone calls), and Ribbon-monitoring applications should definitely return. Possible additions (maybe the PokeNav will somehow be integrated with Player Search System functionality?) include the Pokemon-amie, Super Training, and pretty much all of the Poketch applications (particularly the Pedometer, Day Care checker, clocks/watches and alarm clock, Stopwatch/Timer, Counter, Calculator, and the Berry Checker).

The PokéNav must come back!

I love Devon. I love that kind of benevolent, rich company throwing money and tech around like it's nothing. I like how incorporated into the game they were- everything important was somehow related to Devon! It's fine with me if they stay that way- I don't want to see them going bad and buying out all the small business owners in Slateport or charging ridiculous amounts of money for simple things branded with their name. I want Mr Stone to be the lovely cheerful guy he always has been. And I want them to make more things! A whole range of nifty products for trainers would be lovely~

This!

The PokéNav and Running Shoes were real neat to see, considering how running through wild grass seeming all too realistic.

I liked how they let scientists pursue their dreams in letting them create the technology of their choice, it's probably why Devon Corp turned out big in the first place! But they are all too prone for making a ten year old save their precious Devon Goods from an evil organisation and then burdening him with the trouble of delivering a personal letter and giving the Goods to some person all the way in Slateport. They don't even tell him how to get there! That was mighty rude of them, all though it was nice to receive the Exp. Share quite early.

To be fair, that hapless Shroomish-loving employee was the one who spurred the player to save the Devon Goods, not the entirety of Devon itself. Well, Mr. Stone (Steven Stone's dad; I hope we see his first name this time around!) did give you a PokeNav (which contains a map for you, in addition to nifty features that you didn't even ask for/pay for), so I didn't consider the Slateport trip any trouble at all. XD

I'm hoping that the "Dream Visualizer" thing gets updated to reflect the Pokemon Dream World and Pokemon Dream Radar (or kept the same as a reference?; sigh...OR/AS timeline troubles).

An expanded role for Devon could be nice (I would laugh if that inept Shroomish-loving Devon dude from the beginning of the game randomly cross paths with the player and appears briefly later in the game with a Bullet-Punching Technician-Ability Breloom, taking down Team Aqua members like a boss as if it's a piece of cake. XD)

OMG; Lance making a limited cameo and secretly infiltrating Team Aqua at Devon's headquarters would just be boss! Ugh, now I really want this to happen (screw timeline inconsistencies)! Not only would the Pokemon anime kind of get a small reference (as well as the events of Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver), it would also be totally unexpected and Lance would just get even cooler!

(Alternatively, Lance could always cameo as a fake Team Magma Grunt later in the game, possibly when Team Magma and Team Aqua are clashing atop Mt. Chimney; he could easily be inserted in the fray battling a wimpy Team Aqua Grunt!)

As a successor to the Running Shoes, it would make sense for Devon Corporation to provide roller skates that were introduced in Pokemon X and Y, although toggleable by the player.

This.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I really wonder why that guy loved Shroomish... but then again, I remember two guys in Sotopolis who wanted big Barboach and Shroomish. Weirdos. A Technician Mach Punching Breloom taking down a Carvanha would be a sight to see, though.

Anyway, the point about Lance making an undercover cameo is that it could pay homage to both the GSC/HGSS events and at the same time the Looker disguise inside Mt. Stark (remember the rugged rock he concealed himself as?) with the whole 'disguise' thing. A good idea, to say the least.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Obviously they'll make a return. I mean, they did make this thread.

But really, I can't see them becoming an evil corporation. I just hope they've invented more gadgets to keep up with the times. PokeNav was cute for it's time, but I want to see a nicely updated version to suit gen VI standards. :) And new Pokeballs would be awesome too!

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    AAAA DEVON CORP IS BEST CORP <333
    What would be really interesting is if there was a funding feature for new Devon products! For example, you can opt to invest in the company, and when you've invest #### amount of money into Devon Corp, they release a new item! That'd be a super cool innovation.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Villainous corporation? Certainly not. The nature of the games and Devon corp. doesn't lead me to believe for a second they would suddenly turn evil for any reason, especially given the president's kindness towards you and Steven's initial role in Ruby/Sapphire. Hopefully we just get some more neat trinkets. (too lazy to read the other posts in this thread to reply right now, sorry)

Back