• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Thoughts on Professor Laventon?

Years
    Thoughts on Professor Laventon?

think he will be an interesting character. I also think he is obviously from Galar originally, and just ventured over to Hisui for...reasons. I hope we get to learn more about him and why he came to the region.

Soo, what do you think about him?

Years
    I find him particularly interesting. I don't think he's gonna be more important in the game than what it looks like. He's gonna be our professor. His name is connected to lavender. Couldn't find much about it but in general is sign of positive vibe. He's a smiley and chill professor who is truly interested in knowing more. Tbh if he will be a villain in the game, i can say i couldn't really expect it from him.
    Also, at first I thought he was Charon's ancestor because of his posture mainly. But there's the man in the emporium/market in Jubilife Village who looks way more to Charon.
    Anyway, I feel like he'll be nice, curious and helpful in the game. Just a feeling tho!

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Evil incarnate

Jokes aside, I'm not sure what to think of Laventon in particular at the moment. I do, however, have the theory that him, Cyllene and Kamado are an evil triunvirate and the antagonists/villains of the game.

See, Team Galactic must have had some sort of precedent to act as they do in the present time (D/P/Pt/BD/SP). My bet is that the heads of the Galaxy Exploration Team/Survey Corps intend to use the player character's research to "reshape" the region as they see fit, without taking into account the wishes of the people and Pokémon living in it, and will ultimately fail for the most part. However, this will leave the door open for their descendants - namely, Cyrus - to continue their mission on a far more extreme scale.

Furthermore, they represent exactly the kind of people that would want forced modernization at the expense of the native people and wildlife, if the real-life conflict over the colonization of present-day Hokkaido is any indication. Kamado would represent Imperial Japanese power, Cyllene would be an internal opportunist working against her people (in other words, a traitor), and lastly, Laventon would stand in for Western imperialism or at the very least interests. I don't think they'll make it that explicit in-game, but after reading some of the historical background upon which this game is built, that was the impression they gave me.

He's okay. That's all I really can say about him - the design doesn't stand out too much or anything, so hopefully his presence in the game makes him a bit more memorable. Not going to be surprised if that's not the case though, his design isn't too interesting so I feel like he might end up being as minor of a character as he looks haha.

Years
    He's okay. That's all I really can say about him - the design doesn't stand out too much or anything, so hopefully his presence in the game makes him a bit more memorable. Not going to be surprised if that's not the case though, his design isn't too interesting so I feel like he might end up being as minor of a character as he looks haha.

I am betting so too, honestly. I so much preferred Prof Kukui in SunMoon honestly. I hope he is way more involved in the plot, but guess we'll see.

Back