• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thoughts on TemTem

Is TemTem the oneto finally beat Pokemon?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Ive been hearing a lot this past few days about this new game that some say could beat Pokemon. The game is called TemTem. What are your views on this?

Years
  • Haven't played yet, but very curious lately tbh! Which is a huge 180 compared to not caring for it a week ago lol. You can see our thread in the Pokémon Gaming forum here about it too if you want.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    I don't think it's going to beat Pokemon, I think it'll exist alongside it like Yokai. Being on PC gives it an edge for sure, but I think people who play it will play both it and Pokemon if anything.

damiendada

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2020
    I haven't tested yet, the game is in beta, it's not the real game, so when the final version of the game out ?

Years
  • I haven't tested yet, the game is in beta, it's not the real game, so when the final version of the game out ?

I don't think anyone knows yet. I assume sometime very late this year or 2021, since a lot of content in the game is still not accessible yet, apparently. ): Lots of bugs that are constantly being ironed out too.

Years
  • Temtem is such a blatant Pokemon rip-off that I already dislike it. I don't have any issue with there being other games in the same genre but everything seems similar right down to there being 8 dojo leaders. Maybe I'll try it one day, but right now I'm just sitting here and thinking that technicalities are the only reason it's not considered plagiarism. Wouldn't bother me if it was a fan game, it does bother me when it's a $50 steam game made by a professional developer.

As for it's success, I imagine it will be extremely popular for a year or two before the hype dies down and the bar for entry to the MMO side of things becomes too high for newbies. There'll remain a small core of loyal fans but it will ultimately not be nearly as some people predict.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • but I think people who play it will play both it and Pokemon if anything.
    Pretty much this.

I bought the game, tried it for a bit, it looks OK, I would go deeper into it, but I can't spend the time to learn all the new moves & types ATM. Besides, it's still in Earl Access.
    I don't mind the game existing as long as Nintendo doesn't, it's still nice to have something to play while waiting for next official Pokémon releases.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Temtem is such a blatant Pokemon rip-off that I already dislike it. I don't have any issue with there being other games in the same genre but everything seems similar right down to there being 8 dojo leaders. Maybe I'll try it one day, but right now I'm just sitting here and thinking that technicalities are the only reason it's not considered plagiarism. Wouldn't bother me if it was a fan game, it does bother me when it's a $50 steam game made by a professional developer.

As for it's success, I imagine it will be extremely popular for a year or two before the hype dies down and the bar for entry to the MMO side of things becomes too high for newbies. There'll remain a small core of loyal fans but it will ultimately not be nearly as some people predict.
    Bit irrational to get angry at it just for that, when they intentionally made it this way. They state all of the way that they make this game to resemble pokemon but "better" as this is the long awaited MMO version of pokemon basically. Or that's their idea.

Years
  • Bit irrational to get angry at it just for that, when they intentionally made it this way. They state all of the way that they make this game to resemble pokemon but "better" as this is the long awaited MMO version of pokemon basically. Or that's their idea.

There's nothing different enough to warrant calling it anything other than off-brand Pokemon. I have no problems with other monster catching games existing, but this is literally the exact same formula with a different name.

Back