• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thread Deleted

Years
  • I would love to see the Sevii Islands in these games, since they are some of my favorite locations in any game. Sadly, I don't really think their likely. We will probably never see them again outside of FR/LG. :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Y'know, every time I think about this, the more and more I think that this could actually happen. We haven't seen these in a while, and it would be perfect to just bring them along once again, no matter just how absolutely unrelated they might be to Hoenn. :p

Although if you think about it, there is a bit of a connection—One Island (or whatever it was called??) was the place where you could trade between FRLG and RSE. Lots of ways they could bring the Sevii Islands back and make them at least a slight bit relevant. Plus I honestly loved them. They were great as a post-game for FRLG.

Omonox

Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue
    Years
  • I loved the Sevii Islands and it's a shame the islands only appeared in Leafgreen and Firered. I don't know hoe it what fit in storywise though if the Sevii Islands were in the game. I do think its a cool idea though.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • While I'd love to see the Sevii Islands make a return, I doubt it's gonna happen D: From what I've heard, the FR/LG post-game wasn't too well-received, so that alone would probably be reason enough for GF to shy away from bringing them back in anything that isn't gonna be a Kanto remake. I'm certain we'll get something like it in the games, since the post-game of game of the originals was kiiinda non-existent. After beating the E4 there was literally nothing to do apart from catching legendaries or going to the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier, so we're definitely gonna see something. But I don't think it's gonna be the Sevii Islands D:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Visiting the Sevii Islands would be a novel experience, except I'm not quite sure about that. Maybe we can visit some place 'near' the Sevii Islands, but then even though it had a Hoenn connection I feel the remakes are for something new, something that Hoenn can grab an exclusive on.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • i would love to visit them, i had so much fun there in LG, but i honestly dont think they'll return sadly

maybe they make hoenn version of them (yn)

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • It wouldn't be that relevant if they returned, they sure were fun to explore though!
    They'll definitely add much more to Hoenn however.

Years
  • It would be nice to see them return however I think that they will either add or just have entirely new islands. ROM hackers have found in the original FRLG games there was more than the seven islands (excluding naval rock and Birth Island) but because the game was released in a hurry these islands sadly never made the final games. So yeah it would make sense for them to return and some new ones to be added, il guess we'll see in due time...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't know about the Sevi Islands. Though, we may get a new set of islands. I am almost certain that there will be new areas though. I hope we get an island or something that has a good amount of post game though.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Sevii Islands, no. I don't want them in Hoenn. I almost feel like that's what the battle Frontier was for, really, as that post-game story bit. I'm sure it's super possible for them to pop up after so long, but why in Hoenn? They just seem like an awkward thing to pop up in Hoenn, personally.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If it were to happen, I would personally love it; love Sevii Islands, and would explore these places whenever I got chance in my Pokémon FireRed. Would they actually include them in ORAS? Maybe not. Sevii Islands are exclusive to FRLG only, so bringing them here would mostly likely take some value away from them, somehow. :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well there were those Ruby and Sapphire stones.
    I'll rather they focus on adding in new areas to hoenn. Unless they retcon the Sevii islands to be on the Hoenn map...however they're suppose to be near Kanto which is farther.
    HGSS should've brought them back...

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I have a feeling we will be visiting Kanto in ORAS, considering gen one and three took place at around the same time.

Years
  • I liked the Sevii Islands in FRLG, but I see them expanding Battle Frontier and possibly giving it some new island areas nearby that contain wild pokemon, similar to newer generation post-game experiences, instead of bringing back the Sevii Islands. It wouldn't fit very well with the story line of Hoenn, and look out of place to the recreational player.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • DUDE. YES. That is my number one hope for these remakes. The Sevii Islands have to be one of my favorite regions, and I've been hoping for them to make a return in these games since they were announced. And two or three of the Sevii Islands were in Ruby and Sapphire, so I could totally see it happening.

Seriously, Sevault Canyon in 3D? I could die happy.

Now, do I think it's going to happen? Well... that's another story. But I really do hope they give us more post game. Yeah, the Battle Frontier is still pretty good, but if they're lazy and don't add on, I'll be fairly disappointed.

Edit: Alright, I just had a dumb idea. What if the guy in X/Y was talking about the Sevii Islands in OR/AS? Oh, hold on, he talked about a champion. Never mind.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I liked the addition of the Sevii Islands to FRLG, but I can't really see them making a return in ORAS. Given that there wasn't too much to do in Kanto (especially post-game), the addition of the islands gave people something extra to do. And while it's true RS didn't have much post-game content, Emerald certainly does, and it may gain even more with the recent additions to the main games. So yeah, I doubt they'll make a return :< If they do, though, that'd be pretty cool~

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I liked the Sevii Islands, but they were essentially included in FRLG as a way to let the players know, "Yes, we know Johto exists right next door, but for reasons we cannot let you visit. But have this mini-region instead, complete with its own mini Johto soundtrack!" Since Hoenn does not have any neighboring regions, it's not like we can really expect something new to be made to make up for a lack of something else.

But at the same time, there is just so little information on these games that anything is possible. Depending on how much data space Hoenn takes up, there could potentially be a new mini-region (or even a full-blown region, but that's a stretch) in these games. I would only want it to be new and not the Sevii Islands simply because I want something to be unique to these games (Sevii Islands being unique to FRLG, and the Pokéathlon being unique to HGSS, for example).

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Kinda :t083: coz we never saw Sevii Islands in RSE. But I don't see why not add them in. They could like be the home for the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos Pokemon, but I much prefer that they make a new place other than the Sevii Islands imo.

Back