• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Three New Pokémon: Yungoos, Pikipek & Grubbin

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
You'll have to wait a while for your beloved Rowlet evolutions since starters' middle stages are usually revealed a month close to release (Kalos starters' middle stages were revealed a month before XY's release) while final stages usually aren't revealed until after game release, assuming if they aren't discovered on the internet beforehand. So this likely means you'll have to discover the fully-evolved Rowlet yourself.
I went back to the Serebii archives and the Unova middle stage starters were revealed in September, the same month as BW came out. I should point out that XY came out before the October release of Corocoro, so they had no probably decided to show the middle stage starters a month prior. That wasn't the case with BW in Japan. So, what I'm trying to say is that we might get the middle stage starters officially revealed a week before SM are out in Japan, Australia, and NA.

Years
I went back to the Serebii archives and the Unova middle stage starters were revealed in September, the same month as BW came out. I should point out that XY came out before the October release of Corocoro, so they had no probably decided to show the middle stage starters a month prior. That wasn't the case with BW in Japan. So, what I'm trying to say is that we might get the middle stage starters officially revealed a week before SM are out in Japan, Australia, and NA.

I'm probably betting it on September again, but revealing them in October would not be bad as well. Hopefully the final stages are kept secret until release so we can discover them ourselves.

Years
I think that Yungoos is my favorite of these three. Grubbin is probably last of the three. I'm really excited about this game.

I am a newby when it comes to Pokemon. I have only discovered them since my kids got interested. I know. I was lost and now I am found.

Years
I'm probably betting it on September again, but revealing them in October would not be bad as well. Hopefully the final stages are kept secret until release so we can discover them ourselves.
The games are coming out in November 18th , so a November reveal in Corocoro or a video for the middle stage starters could happen, as lately they been revealed in the corocoro prior to the release of the games.

Years
The games are coming out in November 18th , so a November reveal in Corocoro or a video for the middle stage starters could happen, as lately they been revealed in the corocoro prior to the release of the games.

If I recall, the Kalos starters' middle stages were revealed in the October 2013 CoroCoro (which was released in September) so if they go down that route I could see the Alola starters' middle stages revealed in the November issue, which comes out in October.

Years
If I recall, the Kalos starters' middle stages were revealed in the October 2013 CoroCoro (which was released in September) so if they go down that route I could see the Alola starters' middle stages revealed in the November issue, which comes out in October.

What I mean is this:
BW release date (JPN): September 18,2010 Starters were officially revealed in the October Corocoro issue (September release).
XY release date: October 12. Starters were officially revealed in the October Corocoro issue (September issue).

Note that Corocoro comes out on the 15th of each month. If XY had come out after the 15th of October they probably would've saved the middle stage starters for the November issue (October release). Basically I think we could see the starters be officially revealed in the Corocoro coming out on November 15,2016 like how Black and White's were officially revealed on the issue that came out on September 15, 2010. Note that BW and SM's release dates are both on the 18th of their respective release months, a.k.a. three days after the last corocoro issue prior to release.

Years
Note that Corocoro comes out on the 15th of each month. If XY had come out after the 15th of October they probably would've saved the middle stage starters for the November issue (October release). Basically I think we could see the starters be officially revealed in the Corocoro coming out on November 15,2016 like how Black and White's were officially revealed on the issue that came out on September 15, 2010. Note that BW and SM's release dates are both on the 18th of their respective release months, a.k.a. three days after the last corocoro issue prior to release.

Wow 5th Gen started on the 18th of a month as well, just like how 7th Gen will start. No wonder I keep making connections between Alola and Unova.

Years
Wow 5th Gen started on the 18th of a month as well, just like how 7th Gen will start. No wonder I keep making connections between Alola and Unova.
I knew you would say that xD. That's why I also think we could get the middle starters as close to SM's release as we got the Unova middle stage starters to BW's release. Of course, with Unova's we got rumors days prior...maybe we'll get a leak again.

Years
I knew you would say that xD. That's why I also think we could get the middle starters as close to SM's release as we got the Unova middle stage starters to BW's release. Of course, with Unova's we got rumors days prior...maybe we'll get a leak again.

If we got a leak back then we could get a leak again, but if we don't get leaked this time we may end up not knowing the evolutions until release day, meaning that they'll actually be secret for once, at least to those wanting to go in blind.

However, I recall Serebii was threatened when they leaked the entire new Pokemon list for 5th Gen around the time BW was about to be released. 6th Gen we found out the rest of the new Pokemon by people leaking in-game pics on the internet caused by some countries breaking the street date (and people likely speculate it as the reason EU is being delayed with the release of ORAS and now SM). The question is, what leaks could we get for 7th Gen during the final days before game release?

Years
If we got a leak back then we could get a leak again, but if we don't get leaked this time we may end up not knowing the evolutions until release day, meaning that they'll actually be secret for once, at least to those wanting to go in blind.

However, I recall Serebii was threatened when they leaked the entire new Pokemon list for 5th Gen around the time BW was about to be released. 6th Gen we found out the rest of the new Pokemon by people leaking in-game pics on the internet caused by some countries breaking the street date (and people likely speculate it as the reason EU is being delayed with the release of ORAS and now SM). The question is, what leaks could we get for 7th Gen during the final days before game release?
I was wondering that too. They seem better at controlling for leaks this time. Corocoro leaks are all we've had, and GF isn't in charge of them (CoroX2). Things like Lunala, Solgaleo, etc. fans had to be found by looking at copyrights and speculate on what they could be. Perhaps we won't get a Demo this time due to the data mining of OrAs'...

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Out of the three of them I perfer the mongoose. Glad to finally have a woodpecker Pokemon, I'm just not a huge fan of birds but it is kinda cute xD The other one will be one of those Pokemon I never think about lol

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Looks like I was correct about Grubbin being on Route 1. World Hobby Fair did the same thing as they did at E3, and Grubbin came up. Masuda mentioned that it never came up at E3. Caterpie and Pichu are also confirmed for Route 1 it seems.

I can't find a picture on the Dex Entry of Grubbin, so we still don't know how many evos it has, but I am going to guess at least 2 still.

Years
Looks like I was correct about Grubbin being on Route 1. World Hobby Fair did the same thing as they did at E3, and Grubbin came up. Masuda mentioned that it never came up at E3. Caterpie and Pichu are also confirmed for Route 1 it seems.

I can't find a picture on the Dex Entry of Grubbin, so we still don't know how many evos it has, but I am going to guess at least 2 still.

Aside from Kricketot, Ledyba and Spinarak, the early regional Bug-type mostly evolved twice so it'll probably be a three-stage evolution line but I could be wrong about that.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
idk if it's confirmed but people seem to be thinking Grubbin and Pikipek evolve twice while Yungoose evolves once.

Years
idk if it's confirmed but people seem to be thinking Grubbin and Pikipek evolve twice while Yungoose evolves once.

I was likely expecting Grubbin to have a three-stage line since that's common for the early Bug-type, and we already knew Pikipek had a three-stage line because it was shown during E3. Yungoos being a two-stage line seems likely given it's the typical early Normal-type rodent.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
According to Bulbapedia, Grubbin is based on a Larva Beetle, so it will probably be a new beetle pokemon. And I think it may be possible for it to maybe be similar to Wurmple who has 2 different lines.

An Electric Beetle sounds amazing.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
According to Bulbapedia, Grubbin is based on a Larva Beetle, so it will probably be a new beetle pokemon. And I think it may be possible for it to maybe be similar to Wurmple who has 2 different lines.

An Electric Beetle sounds amazing.

A beetle would be awesome!

Years
My personal favourite would be Pikipek. I actually love all the Flying-types where you can get in the early stages of the game. From the descriptions, it does seems like all 3 of them would have potential and we're all getting our fingers crossed for their respective evolutions and more new Aloha Pokémon to be revealed in the upcoming months.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
One thing that stuck out on the official site was this

"Yungoos is not a Pokémon that is native to the Alola region. It was brought to the region to help deal with the explosive population of a certain other Pokémon"

*cough* Seviper/Zangoose rivalry *cough*

Actually the mongoose was brought in to take care of the rat issue, so there could be a cute mouse Pokemon...

July 1st is coming and teased to reveal new Pokemon. Around this time we were introduced to some version exclusive Pokemon with slurpuff and that pink thing and Clauncher\Skrelp.. So that could be what we here about

Back