• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Three New Pokémon: Yungoos, Pikipek & Grubbin

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
All of the designs so far are simple, yet cute and awesome. Animal-like Pokemon are usually are good way to introduce a new region.

Years
Man, Yungoose is THE most badass Pokemon design in existence. Just look at those teeth! Well, even if he does turn out to be like a playground bully nobody likes...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
Did they really have to go down this path? Ugh.

Pikipek is just Pidgey/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove/Fletchling.
Yungoos is just Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon/Bidoof/Patrat/Bunnelby.
Grubbin is just Caterpie/Ledbya/Spinarak/Wurmple/Kricketot/Mothim/Burmy/Scatterbug etc etc etc.

Let me shock everyone. Pikipek will be a serviceable Normal/Flying-type with good Atk and Speed. Yungoos will be a HM slave with good Atk and bugger all else. Grubbin will be a shitty Bug-type that evolves early into a mediocre Bug/???-type.

God I hope they have interesting evolutions.

Wonder what the Grass/Poison and Rock/Ground types will be this Gen :pink_pissed:

deathpool

Hopeless Cole Stan
Years
Did they really have to go down this path? Ugh.

Pikipek is just Pidgey/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove/Fletchling.
Yungoos is just Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon/Bidoof/Patrat/Bunnelby.
Grubbin is just Caterpie/Ledbya/Spinarak/Wurmple/Kricketot/Mothim/Burmy/Scatterbug etc etc etc.

Let me shock everyone. Pikipek will be a serviceable Normal/Flying-type with good Atk and Speed. Yungoos will be a HM slave with good Atk and bugger all else. Grubbin will be a ****ty Bug-type that evolves early into a mediocre Bug/???-type.

God I hope they have interesting evolutions.

Wonder what the Grass/Poison and Rock/Ground types will be this Gen :pink_pissed:

Can you chill? These have been in all generations of Pokemon games EVER. Its a given that we will have a starting mammal/rodent, bird, and bug type. We just got some interesting new Pokemon a week ago with iwnako and Nekkoala.

Years
I find it curious that they blanked out how many times Yungoos evolves. They didn't do the same for Pikipek.

When Rowlet, Litten and Popplio's appearance in the Pokedex screen was shown, they had two Poke Ball symbols next to them, which is a likely indication of the fact they are a three-stage evolution line. Pikipek was also shown with two Poke Balls while Yungoos only had one, which indicates a two-stage line that all the early Normal-types are.

Years
Can you provide a screenshot for the Yungoos PokéDex screen, please?

I don't remember such a picture but I am assuming it'll be a two-stage line. Pikipek and the starters had three, and when Ledyba was caught in the livestream it had one Poke Ball beside it which indicates a two-stage line.

Edit: If you watched the livestream, both Ledyba and Yungoos were caught and their Pokedex entries were registered, and both their models were shown with one Poke Ball symbol, indicating a line that only evolves once.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I like these Pokemon. Pikipek has a very high chance to make my team, and if it gets an evolution as awesome as Staraptor, Talonflame, or at least Swellow, I'll take it to the Elite Four.

Yungoos has a very interesting new ability! I'll consider catching one.

Grubbin also looks pretty nice. But early Bug types usually tend to suck (with the exceptions of Scolipede and Vivillon).

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
I'll consider using Pikipek solely for Skill Link. I wonder what multi hit moves it'll get - most likely ones are fury Attack and bullet seed from it's description. Would be nice if Pikipek got it's own flying type tail slap moves for a nice powerful STAB.

Yungoose's ability is quite interesting. It sounds quite powerful as it kinda works like pursuit from the looks of it (deals double damage however) but it's usable anytime the opponents switches Pokemon. Has potential in competitive use but it'll depend of the moves power and Yungoose's stats.

blue

gucci
Years
During the live segment Yungoos' dex entry was definitely covered by the Rotom dex image, though I don't know whether it has been changed and re-uploaded since then. Initially it was most probably censored due to its dex entry naming a new Pokemon that has yet to be revealed. The official website description for Yungoos states "It was brought to the region to help deal with the explosive population of a certain other Pokémon" which would suggest why it was covered in the first place.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Seems like Yungoos is the type of Pokemon that would feed on small bug types of some sort. That's what I'm expecting at least; for this "certain other Pokemon" to either be a small rodent type or a bug type.

It will be some type of rat. Forgot the exactly species, but the small asian( I believe) mongoose was brought to Hawaii to get rid of this rat species.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Surely I can't be the only who laughed their head off when they saw/heard Yungoos' name. "Yung Goose" is too fresh.

That aside, I can't help but wonder why they deliberately covered up the PokéDex page for Yungoos. Are they going to change it up and give us a length three evolutionary line for the generic Normal type?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Yungoos was brought in to manage a certain pokemon's population. This is probably it's pokedex entry. It's also just like real life Hawaii where mongooses were brought in to limit the rat population.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
I'm glad they avoided a generically cute design with Yungoos, it looks so unique. Its Stakeout ability has really cool applications for the folks into the competitive side of things too.

Years
5cc.jpg

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
I would think a water type Pokemon would be revealed next... And the first two gym leaders.

Years
i cant wait for the evos of the bird and rowlet ;3;

You'll have to wait a while for your beloved Rowlet evolutions since starters' middle stages are usually revealed a month close to release (Kalos starters' middle stages were revealed a month before XY's release) while final stages usually aren't revealed until after game release, assuming if they aren't discovered on the internet beforehand. So this likely means you'll have to discover the fully-evolved Rowlet yourself.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 26, 2016
Grubbin reminds me of those bugs from Pikmin that burrow underground and rise up near the gates you have to take down to proceed. And since it has those pincers, reminds me of the Males of those bugs that eat your Pikmin.

Back