• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ties of love and Friendship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
    Can't wait for the next chapter... no critiques to give you... its rilli gud I'm just talking about why it wasn't Ash and it was Melissa...

Years
    I realized that this chapter was short... O_o I wanted to merge this with the other chapter but that would require me a lot more work...so... viola!

Chapter 21: Close encounters (Part 2)​

?Doga, this is our chance!? I said as I sent out my Onix.

Doga roared as it tried to squeeze into the arena with its huge body. It shook its rocky head as it glared at Magneton.

?Very clever,? Surge sneered. ?Magneton, tri attack!?

?Doga, dig on the ground!? I commanded.

Before Magneton could attack, Doga plunged into the ground ignoring the metal surface and burrowed deep underground.

Surge cursed multiple times.

?Magneton, reflect!? He shouted.

With those words, Doga attacked Magneton from underground with its rocky spike.

Magneton was sent upward, crashed into the ceiling and came crashing down back to the floor. Doga roared triumphantly before the fainted Magneton.

?Lucky, but you leave me with no choice,? He sent out his last remaining Pokemon and I realized it the moment it came out. It was a Raichu. It wagged its long slender tail and tensed it arms, which caused sparks from its cheeks. It growled and glared back at Doga. Doga glared back and roared.

?Doga, let?s win this, headbut!?

?Raichu, dodge it and use mega punch!?

Doga aimed for a headbutt but missed and was punched directly into the face by Raichu. Doga shook off the attack and roared once more. Behind Surge, the woman looked intently at our battle. Austin was horrified at the damaged floor.

?Doga, use dig this time,? I commanded.

?Raichu, halt it with a mega kick!?

Before Doga could dive, Raichu lunged forward and kicked Doga?s rocky face. Doga, filled with self-determination, burrowed another hole.

Surge cursed another time. I seem to be sick of him cursing.

?Raichu, follow it!? Surge said.

Raichu jumped into the hole at once and tried to follow Doga.

?Crap,? I muttered. ?Doga, go backwards!? I could roars from under then a small quake. Doga burst into the surface with Raichu on his back.

?Wrap it!? I called.

Doga wrapped around Raichu and squeezed tightly. By instinct, Raichu sent out electrical bolts as it squealed in pain.

?Slam it around!? I said.

Immediately, Doga slammed Raichu repeatedly on the floor causing huge bumps.

?What do you think you?re doing?? Surge yelled.

?Throw it,? I commanded.

Doga spun Raichu around a few times and threw it against the wall. The wall crashed as Raichu collided. Surge yelled as he returned his Raichu. And that was it. I won. He then stormed out of the gym and into the corridor. I saw Austin inch closer near me examining the damage.

?H-here?? He stammered as he handed me an orange colored badge. ?I-it?s the thunder badge?well?uh?bye!? He said as he went off.

I accepted the badge and saw that the woman was still sitting with her fixed cold gaze.

Without hesitation, I walked away from the gym. As I closed the gym doors behind me, I looked back once more. I was shocked when I saw the girl with her cold gaze on me.

?You?do you remember?? She asked. Her voice was cold and sounded like a whisper.

?Huh? I?m sorry but??

?You do,? She placed her hand on my head and suddenly, I could see pictures.

Pictures flashed on my mind then faded into other pictures. I saw many other things. My mother, my father, Surge, Misty and many other people. From my other visions, I could realize Gold, Crystal, Blue. Then I saw Silver. A younger version of him. He looks as cold when he was younger. All of them disappeared in an instant.

?What?? I was speechless.

?This is what lies within you. Treasure every picture you see in your mind. The lone guardian granted you his power for only a short while. Keep it close and never forget your dream.? She whispered close to my ear.

?I?I don?t get it?lone guardian?? I asked.

?If we meet once again, your destiny will be clear and you will either know the truth and be silent or you will never know and you will see what you desire.?

?My?my father??

She silently turned around back into the gym. I stayed there for a long time thinking and re-thinking. I don?t understand?

?Gary!?

I turned around and saw Marina. ?How?s it going?? She called.

?I won!? I yelled back.

When she was in front of me, she showed me a familiar blue object.

?Is that a Cascade Badge?? I asked in shock.

?Yep, that gym leader was weak.? She sighed with a bored tone.

?She wasn?t for me!? I replied.

?Anyway, you got the badge right?? She asked. ?Was he hard??

I started tell her about the battle and told her step by step on what happened. She was quite happy about my strategy of ground over electric. Other than that, I didn?t tell her about the woman. I had a feeling that I might see her again?I think?
    To be continued

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Awesome chapter! Hehe. Surge was pissed for losing in front of Sabrina.
    Marina kicked butt yet again XD

Can't wait to read more :)

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Awsome work, as ive told you be4, your an icredible writer!

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
    YAY! GO oni! I'm happier than you are! :) and yea I forgot about the onix... Dunga? oh its Doga... Green didn't get a Onix! 0_0 and Sabrina is scary. X.X

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    no kid... that next chapter's title sounds interesting. I bet it has something to do with... rivals? :D

Years
    Doga... is the name of the first armor knight in the first Fire Emblem... I just named his Onix Doga because they'll have basically the same personality...

here's the next chapter!

Chapter 22: Blood Rivals

I was alone again. Marina decided to challenge Surge today. Feeling that I was unwanted, I decided to just stay back and train a bit. I was training Abby hoping that she could evolve.

?Come on!? I said hesitantly. ?You should evolve any moment,?

She remained silent most of the time. Maybe there was something wrong or something. I tried to encourage her but she kept silent. After a few hours of training and a long trail of fainted Pokemon, I returned Abby. Feeling disappointed, I looked around. Something caught my eye. It was the girl with the red hair peering at me. When I looked at the spot again, she quickly ducked and was out of sight.

?Hey!? I yelled as I went after her.

She wasn?t quite a fast runner like last time. I managed to grab her wrist this time.

?Let go of me!? She yelled as she struggled to break free.

?Hold still! I want to ask you something!? I said keeping a hold on her.

She stopped struggling and stared me with her pale blue eyes. Her red hair was tied now and her thin lips trembled as she began to speak. She looked pretty young. She?s about eight or nine when I saw her the first time.

?What is you name?? I asked.

She remained silent. I could see the fear in her eyes.

?What?s the matter?? I continued. I then released my grasp from her wrist. She was rubbing it as I sat down.

?Emily,? She whispered. Her voice was calm now.

?Emily? Why were you looking at me like that??

She remained silent. She?s just like a lost girl looking for her parents and I was the only who can comfort her.

?I?I?? She stammered.

I waited for her to say something but she ended up sitting next to me.

?I just?I just wanted to find someone?? She replied half tears.

?Hey look,? I said leaning a bit closer to her. ?Are you lost or something??

?No?I just?I want to find my dad?? She replied.

My heart softened a bit. I remembered my father all of the sudden.

?I ran away from my home,? She began. ?I just wanted to find daddy because mommy was so sad when she was alone. I wanted her to be happy so I left??

?And you?re trying to find your dad now?? I asked.

She nodded and wiped her tears off. I searched my pockets and took out two things. First was the pendant that mom gave me. I noticed a few scratches and crush marks. I looked at the picture closely.

?He looks like you,? Emily said peering.

?He?s my dad,? I replied. I looked closer at the picture. My mom didn?t seem to change much over the years. ?I?m trying to find him, too.?

She looked at the picture again. ?Is that your mom?? She asked pointing at my mother.

I nodded. I tried to remember when mom was sad too at nights. I remember once when I was little and I approached her?

?Mommy?? I asked.

She was crying and it was night. She wiped her tears and looked at me in the dim lightness of the room.

?Gary? What is it?? She asked sweetly.

?Mommy, I?m scared,? I cried. ?I want to be here with you,?

She hugged me as I climbed up her bed. ?Mommy, why are you crying??

She would hug me tightly and tell me about my dad. ?It?s daddy,? She whispered in my ear. ?I?m worried about him.?

?Then why won?t he just come back here?? I replied feeling a bit angry at my own father.

?Gary?I ?I don?t know,? She sobbed.

I would end up getting mad at my father and then fall to sleep.

?You know, we?re kind of the same.? I said to her.

?Huh?? Emily seems to be puzzled. ?What do you mean??

?We both are looking for our dads just to make our moms happy?? I said.

She nodded and didn?t say anything more.

?I never saw my dad?? She muttered. ?Mommy said that she left her when I?m not even born.?

I felt sorry for her. ?How old are you anyway?? I asked.

?I?m?nine?? she whispered. ?I ran away when I was eight.?

?Wow, aren?t you even afraid?? I asked.

?No I?m not!? She stood up glaring at me.

Then, I heard someone behind me.

?What?s she doing here?? I looked back to see Marina.

?Marina!? I called. ?Good timing!?

?What?s she doing here?? She repeated.

I looked at Emily and at Marina. They seem to glare at each other the moment they saw each other?s faces.?

?This is Emily,? I said to Marina. ?And Emily, this is Marina.?

?I don?t care what she?s doing. She?s just creepy.? Marina said out loudly.

Emily looked silent not saying another word. Then, she turned around to run.

?Emily, wait!? I said. There was enough time to grab her hand.

?Please, let me go!? She said.

?Wait, I just want to thank you,? I said.

She looked at me straight in the eye. ?Your welcome!? She said then yanked my hand off and ran.

~*~*~*~

?Why did you do that?? I yelled at Marina.

?She?s creepy! That?s all I wanted to say!? Marina said.

?But she was a friend.? I hesitated. ?I mean, we were both like each other!?

?How?? Marina asked.

?We both?we?we both are trying to find out dads?? I stuttered.

She fell silent again. We were walking back. She won the battle as always but decided to make Emily run away.

?I?m sorry?? She said. ?I just? don?t want to see her??

?What do you mean??

?She?there?s this strange feeling inside me,? She whispered. ?It makes me want to punch her??

?Marina, that?s not??

?I?m not kidding! I can?t stop myself!? Marina said. ?It makes me want to cry! I don?t want to but she makes me want to!?

I couldn?t believe I made two girls cry this day. She cried until I tried to comfort her.

To Be Continued

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Amazing chapter! Full of emotion. You do a great job Oni. Marina felt like punching her???? Thats a surprise :cross-eye

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Apart from some slight grammatical mistakes which could easily be fixed, this fic is looking very good. The description is fine, the length is perfect, and there is nice character development. I look forward to reading the next chapters.

~ MCD

Years
    XD I was very cautious of my grammar mistakes and you were the one to first notice them! XD Having knowing four languages makes me a bit shaky in english...

Years
    Falling down to the 2nd page... must survive... XD

Chapter 23: Pride and Honesty

?Now where do we go?? I asked when we reached a fork.

The vast blue sea stretched into the horizon as we looked on both sides. Marina scratched her head.

?I dunno? maybe we go there?? She said pointing to my left.

?Why don?t we fly there??

?Nah, it takes away all of the challenge,? She muttered.

?Ok, left then.? I replied as we quickly stomped our way left.

The sand made me completely tired as we dragged on. A few hours of walking lead us to a sign that says: ?Lavender Town.?

?Lavender Town?? I said in shock. ?We were going the wrong way!?

?Aw, man!? Marina cried in disappointment.

I looked up at the gloomy gray sky and felt a trickle on my nose. I looked to my side and observed dozens of ripples from the pond next to us.

?Uh oh.? I muttered.

?What?? Marina asked as she looked at me with a confused look.

?I think it?s going to rain,? I said nervously. ?Let?s find shade!? We quickly stood up and ran as fast as we could.

The rain poured harder and faster at us. Soon, we found ourselves drenched with water. My lungs were burning and my legs ached as we reached town. A huge tower appeared out of small buildings. The town itself looked very gloomy since I heard that Pokemon were buried here.

?We gotta hurry!? I yelled. I looked back to see Marina struggling to run. Then, she slipped on the cold hard ground.

?Here,? I said as I held out my hand.

?It hurts,? she muttered as she clenched her arm and knee. I looked at them to see her bleeding knee and elbow. ?I don?t think I can run,?

The rain deafened me from the loud pattering. I could barely hear her but I ended up helping her to shade. I felt pathetic when the only shade we could find was just up front a trainer shop. The lights were bright inside and steam clouded the windows.

I breathed hard and I was shivering. I could see the steam coming out of my mouth, likewise Marina. She was shivering, too. She was also holding her bleeding elbow and knee.

?Knock on the door,? She said loudly enough for me to hear.

?What?? Even though she was yelling, I still could not hear her.

?Knock on the?? I looked to see that the door was already open. We were greeted with the warm room and warm towels wrapped around us. The storekeeper let us in without hesitation.

?Weather here?s unpredictable,? She sighed. ?I?m sorry I didn?t notice you on time,?

We remained silent as she treated Marina?s wounds. She has long brown hair that reached her back. Even though it was untied, it looked as if it was never been ruined. I could notice earrings and accessories on her. She looked like she really knows how to dress herself.

?Thanks,? Marina said after she treated wrapped her wounds.

?No problem,? The woman replied. She stood up and in point of view she looked quite tall. ?Do you guys want any hot chocolate??

?Yes please,? we both replied enthusiastically. She quickly exited the room and after a while, she returned with three mugs.

?Thanks,? I said as I accepted the steaming mug. She sat beside us as we drank.

?So,? She began. ?You guys are trainers right??

We both nodded excitedly. She smiled back at us.

?I haven?t seen much trainers these days. Everyone seems to skip this town often.? She sighed.

?Oh, we took the wrong way,? Marina said.

The woman looked at me and then down at my dripping pockets. ?Hey, what?s that?? She pointed to my dad?s pendant.

?Oh this,? I said taking it out. ?It?s just something that my mom gave me.?

She looked at it carefully and examined every cracked edge. She then looked again at me. Her twinkling eyes were full of excitement as her eyes looked back and forth.

?Oh wow!? She cried in excitement. ?You?re?you?re Gary, huh??

I was plunged back into the same confusion when someone uttered my name when I don?t know their names yet.

?Um, yeah?? I looked at Marina and she was confused too.

?How do you know his name?? Marina asked.

?Oh, don?t be silly. I knew Gary since he was a baby!? She laughed. ?But I don?t think he remembers me much.?

?Do I know you?? I asked feeling stupid.

?Well, yeah,? She smiled. ?It?s me Blue. Your?um?godmother??

I looked at her with mixed shock and confusion.

?Self proclaimed godmother,? She laughed.

I still gave her my confused stare.

?Aw, you?re so cute when you do that!? She said holding my hand. ?You haven?t changed one bit. And you really look like your daddy!?

I then remembered my dad again. But I tried to restrain it because I thought that I would make things worse for me if I said something about him.

?Don?t you remember Gary?? She asked.

?Well?no?I don?t?? I stammered.

?Oh,? She sighed. ?Figures. You were too young.?

?Oh I heard about you,? Marina abruptly said.

?Huh??

?My mom and dad talk about you a lot of times?? She said. ?Blue, you?re the girl who ran away with this Silver guy,?

?What?!? Blue suddenly erupted. ?Who are your parents??

?Um?Gold and?? She began but was interrupted.

?AH! Gold, you won this time?? She muttered. ?Wait, Gold and who??

?Crystal,? Marina quickly replied.

?Aw, I knew it! I knew those two would get along!? She sang triumphantly.

We both looked at her as she rejoiced. ?Oh,? She said as she realized. ?Sorry,?

I was going to ask how she knows our parents so much but then I was reminded of the vision I had? Blue?it was true. She was the same girl that tried to stop Pryce from attacking. She would rather die than betray her friends. And Marina was right; she does love Silver. But I know Silver is wandering right now.

?Where?s Silver?? I asked.

Blue fell silent. Her eyes just wondered around the stores? shelves as if trying to think. ?He?s?somewhere?? She replied silently.

I tried not to ask her more questions and I wished I never asked her the question. The warmth of the room brightened up Blue?s mood again. Thunder rolled outside. A knock on the door disturbed the silence. I heard a familiar voice outside and made the hair at the back of my neck stand up.

?Ack! I?m freezing!? Said a familiar voice. ?Darn it, keep knocking!?

A boy?s voice replied to her, ?I?m trying to! Someone, please open the door!?

?Oh, more people,? Blue said as she rushed towards the door.

?Oh crap,? I muttered.

?What?s wrong?? Marina asked as she peaked through the hallway. ?Oh no, it?s her??

Michelle walked in drenching wet along with her brother, Nick. She looked at Marina and me once wide-eyed. ?You!? Nick followed with a gasp.

I looked down after Michelle?s outburst.

?You?re the kid who beat me in Cerulean!? Michelle yelled pointing at Marina. ?You had a fluke!?

?I?m telling you, I?m an experienced trainer,? Marina countered. ?Just accept you lost!?

?You?re a stupid wah?? She was stopped as Blue entered the room with towels. Nick held her back from punching Marina. Marina, who glared back at her, was standing upright as if ready to receive the punches.

?Let go of me,? Michelle yelled.

?Michelle, keep your cool, we?re in front of an adult!? Nick gasped.

Michelle stopped as she kept glaring at Marina.

?Oh, well, do you kids want some hot chocolate?? Blue asked ignoring the fact that both Marina and Michelle were not facing each other anymore.

?Um, yes please!? Nick replied politely.

Blue went off the room, which was dead silent. The silence was broken when Nick began.

?Gary, long time no see!? Nick said.

?Oh yeah, how?s the training going?? I asked.

?Not much, I think we?re improving a bit.? He looked at his sister who was apparently ignoring me.

Blue reentered the room with two hot mugs. ?Here?s for you both!? She said.

Both of them accepted the mugs but only Nick said ?Thanks,?

?So you guys know each other?? Blue said.

I explained to her about me meeting them and Nick told his side about Marina beating Michelle.

?Oh, well that?s how friends are,? Blue smiled.

?Who said we?re friends?? Michelle snapped.

?Michelle, just accept that you lost to her and stop whining,? I told her.

?Who said I lost? She cheated!? She snapped back.

?Who said I cheated? I was playing fair and square!? Marina muttered.

I looked out of the window and saw that the rain has already stopped. The sun shined through the room with its bright rays.

?Why don?t we battle again?? Michelle said. ?Two on one!?

?Michelle, don?t drag me into this again!? Nick said.

?I?m not talking about you!? Michelle said. ?Gary and me against you!? She continued pointing at Marina.

?Fine,? She replied.

I wasn?t quite sure what happened next but I?m sure I?ll regret it.

To be Continued

Last edited:

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Another masterpiece! I could tell it was Blue when I heard the shopkeeper in Lavender was a woman :cool:
    She was so happy to hear about Gold and Crystal. Course, Blue is always a happy person, and silly too :laugh:

Michelle seems real pissed. 2 on 1? XD She needs all the help she can get to beat Marina :cheeky:

Its getting real good. Keep up the great work!

Years
    Since I wasn't able to post one chapter last week, here's another one!

Chapter 24: Value of Friendship

?I?m not kidding,? Michelle said reassuringly to Nick and me. ?We?re gonna have to take her down quickly!?

?Are you crazy?? I said out loud. ?She?s league champ and I don?t want to mess up with her!?

?Oh sure,? Michelle retorted. She waved her hands as if taunting me. ?And how do you know she?s not lying??

I stammered since I couldn?t explain myself but believe in her.

?Gary, just don?t do anything stupid!? Nick whispered to me. ?You don?t like it when Michelle loses.?

The battlefield was set. It was just outside Lavender town. The grassy plains looked new after the rain. The cold breeze swept through my hair as I looked forward to another beautiful day. But someone has to win and someone has to lose now.

?Are you guys ready?? Marina called from the other side.

Blue was around her; she decided to follow after learning that we?re going to battle. She said that she wants to see how well I battle.

?We?re ready,? Michelle replied. ?Ready to lose?? She said taunting Marina.

?Why don?t you guys throw in your Pokemon first?? Marina said as she took out her first two Pokeballs.

Michelle fumbled for her Pokeball. ?Fine,? She said taking out one.

?Here?s mine!? I said taking out Doga?s great ball.

Both of us summoned out our Pokemon together at the same time.

?Doga!?

?Linus!?

I noticed something different from Linus. It looked longer and looked more slender.

?Did your Pokemon evolve?? I asked Michelle.

She nodded then returned her view back to Marina.

Marina looked at both out Pokemon and threw her two Pokeballs.

At once, I knew one of them was her Skarmory, Alvis. The second one doesn?t seem to look familiar. Before I can hold my Pokedex, she introduced the energetic blue rabbit Pokemon.

?This is Sophia the Azumarril. I bet Michelle knows her already.? She gleamed.

I could see Michelle tighten her fists at once.

?Ready?? Marina called.

?Doga, dig underground!? I yelled.

?Linus, use dig, too!? I heard Michelle.

Marina sighed. ?Oh well, Alvis, use spikes. Sophia, get ready!?

Doga emerged first underground. Before he could hit Sophia, she dodged the attack and fired a blast of water toward Doga.

?Crap,? I muttered. That was Doga?s weakness. Before I could hesitate, Doga used the last of its momentum to attack Sophia.

?Hey!? Marina yelled. Sophia was attacked headfirst with Doga?s rock head.

Linus then emerged and attacked the already defenseless Sophia.

?Gotcha!? Michelle called.

?Alvis, hit Doga with steel wing! Sophia, use Ice Beam on Linus!?

Both obeyed immediately without hesitation. Alvis? wings stiffened and charged towards Doga. The wings hit Doga with a loud crashing sound. I looked at everyone and they all seem to cover their ears from the sound. Doga shook of the attack and slapped Alvis off.

Then, Sophia sent out a blue icy beam towards Linus. Linus dodged the beam but his foot got caught and was frozen solid.

?Aw crap,? Michelle muttered. ?Use Pin Missile!? I heard her say.

?Doga, use rock throw on Alvis!?

Doga used its tail to slap Alvis once more only this time downwards. He barely missed but managed to hit Alvis? wing and caused it to not fly much.

Linus, handicapped, sent out multiple fires of needles towards Sophia. The attacked connected but it didn?t faze Sophia much.

?Alvis, finish off Linus with drill peck. Sophia, if Linus still survives, surf!?

Before Michelle or me could hesitate, Alvis rushed while spinning its body towards Linus. The attack was successful but Linus was still awake. Sophia followed after summoning a huge tidal wave.

?AH! Clear!? Nick yelled from behind us.

All of us ran away from the range of the huge wave. Both our Pokemon were struck by the wave.

?Doga!?

?Linus!?

Both of us yelled as we both went to our Pokemon. It was a devastating site. Doga lay fainted on the ground growling lowly. Linus wasn?t moving a muscle. We both returned our Pokemon.

?Oh, I guess I win?? Marina sighed.

?Darn it?? Michelle muttered. I could see her fist clenched. Blue herself was shocked with the results. Michelle stomped as she walked towards Marina. Michelle glared at her and Marina glared back. Nick knew what was going to happen as he rushed towards Michelle but it was too late. A loud slap was heard then the loud pattering of feet. I could see Marina, still looking up. Her cheek was red from a slap that Michelle just gave her.

?Michelle!? Nick called but wasn?t able to catch up.

I was attending to Marina, who was holding back tears.

?Are you okay?? I asked her.

She didn?t reply. Still holding back tears, she just walked away. I noticed that she was heading the way where Nick and Michelle were going.

?Wait, Marina!? I yelled. ?Where are you going??

Before I could run, I noticed Blue who seems to be confused yet calm.

?Kids,? She muttered. ?I wasn?t like this when I was one.?

I looked back to where Marina was going but she was already gone. All I knew is that the battle went too fast for Michelle. I guess losing every time would be a real pain. That?s what I thought as I kept running searching for the three.

They have to be around somewhere. I managed to return to town immediately and asked anyone if they saw any of them. No one saw them walk by and now my heart started to pound. I seem to be panicking and thinking what those three would do if they met each other again. I gulped as I continued to search for them. Cold sweat dripped from my forehead and my heart was pounding hard. My legs started to burn as I passed the huge tower and continued north.

?Marina! Michelle! Nick!? I called. Then I stopped. I noticed something on the ground and picked it up. It was Marina?s goggles. I was going in the right trail. I continued my way north not hesitating.

To be continued...

Years
    Someone reply except for Omega, darnit! XD

Chapter 25: Valued Things

I could hardly breathe as I continued north. Marina?s goggles clenched in my hand as I stopped and tried to breathe. North of Lavender town is mostly a rocky trail. To me, it looked like a wasteland. The littered rocks and the craters didn?t make it look inviting. The bumpy road didn?t make it look a good travel.

I sat down as I started to feel a bit light headed. I turned my head to look around for any signs of any of them. Something caught my eye. I saw a shadow pass by from behind a nearby rock. Thinking it was them, I rushed there calling their names.

?Michelle! Nick! Marina!? I yelled. But then the figure ran. I chased after the person as fast as I could through the rough roads even though I was tired. Something was familiar.

?Emily!? I called. Then, she turned around. It was she all along.

?I?m glad it?s you!? I said as I ran towards her.

She stared back at me with her pale eyes. Her red hair was tied as she continued to stare.

?Did you see Marina pass by?? I asked.

She looked down. She then muttered something like: ?No??

?Great,? I muttered. I sat down in the middle of the road panting from exhaustion.

She still stared at me.

?Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce myself back then,? I said smiling. ?My name?s Gary!?

Emily looked at me quizzically then repeated my name.

?Yeah, that?s right.? I said smiling a bit. ?Are you sure you haven?t seen Marina around here? Or did you see another girl and a boy??

?A girl,? She replied. ?She was crying,?

?You saw her? Where did she go?? I asked.

She thought for a while. ?Over there.? She pointed towards the cave.

?Great,? I muttered again. I stood up, feeling miserable, and started to walk towards the cave. I looked behind me to see Emily following behind. ?Do you want to follow me?? I asked.

She nodded.

?Ok, stay close then.? She approached me and held the sleeve of my shirt.

I noticed that she was quite scared of the cave herself. I walked cautiously and entered the pitch-black cave. I could feel Emily?s hand grip tightly as she tugged my sleeve.

?What?? I asked.

She didn?t reply but let out a low whimper. We continued on until I couldn?t see anymore.

?Abby, come out!? I said as I released my Abra. ?Use Flash!?

The dark cave was illuminated thanks to Abby?s flash. The only things that were left dark were our shadows and the shadows of the walls. After that, we continued on.

After a while of walking, I heard footsteps. I looked around trying to find any sign of them but I realized the footsteps faded.

After a few minutes, Emily tugged my sleeve again.

?What is it?? I asked. Without hesitating, she quickly ran off. ?Emily!?

I followed her footsteps quickly hoping that she had found them. But then I realized that it was just leading towards the exit.

?Whoa,? I gasped as I saw a river just pass the meadow. I was on the other side! I turned around and saw the tower of Lavender just behind me.

?Hello?? I called. None replied. ?Emily??

I continued my way searching for my would-be friends. Just then, I noticed something in the river. A red liquid was flowing with the water. Blood.

I quickly ran upstream still gasping and panting. I was really tired this time. The stones of the river shore made me stumble a few times but I kept on continuing. Then I stopped. It was Nick. His clutched his bloody arm as he tried to stand.

?Nick!? I called.

He looked at me and smiled. ?Gary, they went over there.?

?What happened to you?? I asked.

?I was just careless. I slipped when I was chasing Michelle. Marina followed then some girl.? Nick replied then groaned in pain.

?We gotta get help,? I said.

?Quick, grab my backpack,? Nick said.

I took his backpack and waited for instructions.

?Take out the first aid kit and there?s cloth in there and tie it around my arm.?

I did what he said and helped him up. ?Do you know where this river leads to??

?Not a clue?? Nick replied.

We continued slowly upstream slipping occasionally.

?There they are!? Nick pointed out as we reached a peculiar building. It looked like it was abandoned years ago. ?They?re inside. You can leave me here.?

?What??

?Go catch them. I?m sure they won?t be far!?

I continued on even I was tired. I was light headed as I opened the doors of the abandoned building. The sun was starting to set and I was alone in the dark building. After a few observations, the building seems to be an abandoned power plant. Probably abandoned years and years ago.

My head started to ache. I couldn?t keep my focus on since I was starting to stumble. I could feel myself fall on the ground panting and exhausted. But my head continued to ache. Suddenly, I could feel dozens of eyes looking at me. It was a strange feeling. It was very familiar. I felt this before in the Viridian Gym. I could feel eyes staring at me and I could feel my gut wrench as I lay there on the cold floor.

But then I felt a hand touch my face. Then, I couldn?t feel the staring eyes anymore.

?Gary, please wake up,? Emily whispered.

I sat up and looked at her. She was scared since it was already dark.

?Gary, I?m scared.? She said.

I could only see her shadowy outline but I could feel the fear in her eyes. I could feel her arms wrap around me as she shivered.

?I just want to see daddy?? She sobbed.

I stayed silent for the rest of the night. I found myself drifting soon into sleep.

~*~*~*~

Morning broke out. I could hear the rushing river outside. I opened my eyes expecting Emily near me but she wasn?t there. I wasn?t sure if it was a dream or not but I stood up feeling refreshed after a good night?s sleep. Without hesitating, I ran outside. Nick was still outside sleeping. Next to him?was Michelle!

?Michelle!? I yelled.

Both of them suddenly woke up. Michelle yelled something about cheaters and Nick simply shouted: ?Wha-??

?I?m glad you?re ok!? I said. ?Where?s Marina??

?Who? Oh her?? Michelle muttered rubbing her eyes.

?Where is she?? I asked.

?Beats me. I just saw her coming inside there.? She pointed to the abandoned power plant.

?Michelle was actually waiting on one side of the river,? Nick said dizzily.

?But?I thought?is she really there?? I asked.

?Maybe. But I don?t care. She can die for all I care.? Michelle said in a quick tone.

?I?m going in again!? I said without hesitating.

?Hey, hold up! I?m following you!? Nick said while limping. ?I don?t want to get left with her again.?

?I heard that!?

To be continued...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back