• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TikTok

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    I use TikTok because I find it to be a great way to stay connected with friends and family, especially now that we're all trying to remain socially distant. I love how easy it is to share and watch short videos, and the creative possibilities are endless.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • The only time I ever had Tik Tok was for a school assignment, and we HAD to make an account. I was dreading the idea of ever downloading it. I just quickly found a video for the assignment and promptly deleted the app. I've definitely thought about getting it (for more than an assignment lol), but I'm sure I'd fall into the rabbit hole, and I'd rather not do that. I've already got Youtube, Instagram, and Pinterest to keep me entertained on social media. If I really want to watch Tik Toks, I'll wait for Youtube to recommend me a Tik Tok compilation video (which are pretty much just of cosplays, art, and LGBTQ stuff). The only reason I'd ever get one is to post cosplay Tik Toks, and even then, I don't think I'll ever cosplay enough to make frequent videos. Part of me still thinks of the 2018 cringe days and refuses to download because I will forever associate it with that cringe, even if it's gotten better since then.

TLDR: cool in theory but no

Years
  • I just never got into it. Not a fan of the kinds of content people make on it, and as a website it is just far too addicting for some people. I don't want to get into that hole so I just stay away. Twitter and very occasionally Facebook is enough for me lol.

Years
  • The only time I ever had Tik Tok was for a school assignment, and we HAD to make an account. I was dreading the idea of ever downloading it. I just quickly found a video for the assignment and promptly deleted the app. I've definitely thought about getting it (for more than an assignment lol), but I'm sure I'd fall into the rabbit hole, and I'd rather not do that. I've already got Youtube, Instagram, and Pinterest to keep me entertained on social media. If I really want to watch Tik Toks, I'll wait for Youtube to recommend me a Tik Tok compilation video (which are pretty much just of cosplays, art, and LGBTQ stuff). The only reason I'd ever get one is to post cosplay Tik Toks, and even then, I don't think I'll ever cosplay enough to make frequent videos. Part of me still thinks of the 2018 cringe days and refuses to download because I will forever associate it with that cringe, even if it's gotten better since then.

TLDR: cool in theory but no

I'd dread having to use it for a school assignment or project. I sometimes do watch videos people send me, then click away. I actually made an account to follow some people, but barely even use the app otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I think a lot of content on TikTok is fake and can be toxic; however, like any social media platform there are good things that can come out of it. I don't use TikTok much these days, but if I use it it's mainly for food recipes or for travel videos. The format of seeing an entire recipe in 15-30 seconds is nice because I can quickly see if I want to use it instead of having to watch like a 3 minute video or read an entire page. Also, for travel videos instead of watching like a 10 minute video on Switzerland I can see some parts in a 30 second video and then look more in-depth from there. You have to admit that even though TikTok may seem overrated, the idea of the short videos has become popular when other platforms like Instagram and Youtube are utilizing these "shorts". I think the team that made TikTok are geniuses and are very lucky because during the pandemic TikTok blew up frankly.

Days
    • Seen Oct 5, 2023
    I haven't used TikTok much myself, mainly because I'm more into other platforms, or I just haven't found the content that interests me.

Back