• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

{Tile/Palette Rating Thread}

Status
Not open for further replies.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
    yeah i was kinda using my dsi while making the house these are my first tiles ever im sure i can only get better thx for the critisism XD.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I've been bored for quite a while, so I made this. I Organized the tiles so it looks more like a map than it's supposed to. Still editing the tiles and adding some more, but I think this is nice enough for now.
    Spoiler:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I've been bored for quite a while, so I made this. I Organized the tiles so it looks more like a map than it's supposed to. Still editing the tiles and adding some more, but I think this is nice enough for now.
    Spoiler:

You win the internet, bro.

Awesome, but the portals look a bit weird and the Companion Cube isn't...exactly...a cube.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Base ROM: Pokémon FireRed
    Comments: The map was made in thirty seconds just to showcase the tiles. Sienna uses Kyledove's slowpoke well tiles for its caves; this, however, is being used for a well in Sienna. I just kinda thought the well should differentiate its tiles from the caves.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Credits: Kyledove - Tiles and Palettes which I edited.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Comments: The map was made in thirty seconds just to showcase the tiles. Sienna uses Kyledove's slowpoke well tiles for its caves; this, however, is being used for a well in Sienna. I just kinda thought the well should differentiate its tiles from the caves.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

It is a very interesting turnaround you did with the tiles (A well tiles for a cave, and vice versa... Well, not really well tiles, as they were used everywhere).

Anyway, now for the rating. hey are Kyledoves tiles, so that is a 9/10. Only issue is the side entrances. Just infront of them is that yellow "light" thing, meaning you either missed it from the map, or it isn't meant to be there. As the entrance is dark, you should remove the yellow bits, and replace with nice, drab brown!

Tiles - 9/10
    Pallettes - 4/5

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

I wouldn't be able to question Kyledove's tiles, so it's a 9.5/10 for the tiles.

As for the palletes, I like them a lot. As mentioned above, the light that's on the base of the side entrances would look perfect if you had a lighter ground, because I think that's supposed to be the light reflected from the ground if I'm correct. So, you'll need to darken those a tad. The palette on the lighter part of those hill/mountain/whatever tiles are orange-ish. You need to match them with the whole combination of palettes. So, it's a 7.7/10 for the palettes :D

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
    Spoiler:

Please rate these Tiles and palettes, and NOT the map, Thank you.

Credits:
    Tiles: Tapia, Alucus, Kyledove, Alexmad and Nintendo.
    Palettes: Tapia, myself.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Spoiler:

Please rate these Tiles and palettes, and NOT the map, Thank you.

Credits:
    Tiles: Tapia, Alucus, Kyledove, Alexmad and Nintendo.
    Palettes: Tapia, myself.

Tiles: 9.6/10
    I would rate it 9.8/10 if it weren't for the stairs. (the bottom one)
    Palettes: 9.7/10
    Very nice palettes, its not hurtful to look at. The stair palette kinda ruins it though. (again, the bottom one)

Overall: 9.8/10

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
    Rate the tile
    credit to dewitty,weslyfg,
    {Tile/Palette Rating Thread}

Pal and Tiles 8/10
    Palletes are nice, they blend well with the surroundings, great job with the perspective.
    there are no doors on the TL and BL houses lol
    the signs I actually couldnt tell were signs when placed in the cliff or next to the house, it only seemed sensible that they were signs.
    The roof of the pokemart is weird i guess, dunno how to explain it, and the white building (BL) doesnt really go too well with the map considering the town isnt to big. (Though the building still looks nice)

Last, the stairs look almost rounded because of the shading at the bottom, and at the top is a bit of darker colors that wouldnt blend well with surrounding tiles.

Still, very nice 8/10

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
    So.... Nothing special here, only my first time making a large (imo) custom tiles collection. Their no where near finished, and honestly most of them will be scraped and done better since im getting better everyday i practice spriting. My goal is to make tiles with somewhat darker palletes, the colors/tiles i used on the cliff,water, and grass are ripped from a completly different game. um yea thats all really.....

ima work on the tiles like water grass and dirt to make them look cleaner when multiples of the same tile are placed next eachother.. also gonna add more to complement existing tiles, redo the trees, redoo the houses cuz i wanna make something that doesnt look generic, the house ihave there is just a try at making one which doesnt seem to hard,.... and last ima continue making more tiles and improving when i have the time..

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Here are some buildings I made for the hack my team is working on.

They are, in descending order...
    1. Ticket Center
    2. PokeCenter
    3.PokeMart

Please tell me what you think, we want to see what the public thinks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    Spoiler:

The wooden bridge in the lower left area should have a mountainous area under it the shadows under the trees are messed up and the bridge acting as staris arn't fooling anybody

great palette work probably a couple of honest mistakes but please look over everything thoroughly before you put it up here

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    NEW TILES

Lol thanks. I put that up ages ago, but whatever. =P

i love the mountain tiles btw. Are those your own tiles?
    Where could i find them?

And my turn!

This is for a fire red hack im making i have not inserted any trees or new buildings yet so i would appreciate being rated on everything but the lame old buildings and trees please =P!

Cred goes to Kyledove for mountain and rock tiles
    Cred goes to Wesley FG for red sign tile

Attachments

• {Tile/Palette Rating Thread}
      New Pewter.png
      17.3 KB · Views: 43
    Last edited:

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
    Oh yeah, I think edited the Firered mountain top a bit. I have no idea where the rom with it is, though. :S

Also, I think those tiles there go well together. Your mountain palette is great. I think the grass could use a little adjustment, but it's still good. 9/10

DavidChristopher

Spinda Lover.
    Years
    Hello Thread!!

Map Name: MOUNTIDE TOWN
    Base ROM: Fire Red
    Comments: I know there is no town sign, however i added that and i have a updated map right open now!

And I changed the map, however this never made a difference to the pallet!
    Mapshot:

Wow! I love the trees, I think they flow nicely with the grass and the houses.
    Just the rocks should be a tad less... colour-ish, to suit them better.
    Tiles 9/10
    Pallettes 7/10.

Keep up the good work! :) I'm rooting for you!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    O.K.

Since noone had any opinions about my tiles. I'll post 'em again.

Remember that these tiles are for my teams hack.
    We want the publics opinion on them... Please comment/give pointers.

THEY ARE (In Descending Order)
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back