• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Times where you just want to take the game with you!

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    I have to leave for school soon at 7.50 and im dying to take platinum i was playing it for a few hours last night and just really want to go take it with me!
    I'll have to wait til im home :(.
    Share times when you've wanted to take your ds somewhere but thought you just can''t.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2021
    I always wanted to take it to school because many of my friends play pokemon. But none of us can bring it to school because all electronics are banned:(

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I took it with me all the time (but during the day of the release) I had a serve toothache which I missed a day of school (so I was playing the game in pain). Went to school the following day (playing it in school, but still in pain and periods 2-5 were canceled so I was really happy) and the following day I got it removed (still playing). Then for Thursday and Friday I was still playing it in class XD

:t354:TG

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i always take it whenever i'm travelling. a few years ago, i flew to europe and forgot to take it with me. 8 hour plane ride + nothing to do = torture. but luckily, this past april my dad and i took a small road trip to nyc and i remembered to bring it. 12 hour drive + pokemon in hand = good stuff. xD

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Yeah, I take my DS anytime I go on a long trip. Sometimes I take it to school when I know I'm gonna have time to play it.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    There really isn't anywhere I specifically can't take it, though when I attend classes I generally play games or search forums on my laptop instead of bringing my gameboy, since a laptop is less conspicuous :P When I was in high school I brought my gameboy and played it in class pretty much every day, just as long as the teacher didn't notice :)

RHCP

||Sweetie Belle~
    Years
    I take my DS when we're going out (Just to play in the car) and to school sometimes :)

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Wow... so sorry that you're still in school. =/ I've been on summer break for a month now.

Yeah I brought my SP to school towards the end of 2nd semester when all we had were AP exams, performance finals, and final exams. AP classes were pretty chill cuz we were done, and my physics class didn't do much either. We made bottle rockets and launched them... watched apollo 13 and stuff.

Now that I have a DS and platinum is coming soon Ima be playing it like hell trying to catch up with everybody in the 4th gen. I'll definitely bring it to school to battle in class or something. Or maybe EV train on a boring day, who knows

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    This is a very open-ended thread, so I feel this would be best in a different section. Going by the responses being about Pokemon games in general to the Nintendo DS, itself... I feel this would be much better posted in the Other Games section.

Moves to Other Games~

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I've always hated living in two houses. Sometimes I get a new game (i.e. Sims 3) and just can't stop playing it, but then I'm forced to stop because I've got to go to my other house. I obviously can't take my computer with me, so I've unfortunately got no choice but to leave it. XD

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    I take my DS around whenever I feel like it. Although its kinda embarrasing when I'm playing it on the tram... I forget that I'm not in Japan where ur in a train with atleast 3 other passengers playing on 1 in ur carriege

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I normally bring my DS EVERYWHERE except school or when theres a good chance it will get lost/stolen. Although not so much recently, just too bored with it at the moment =/

Actually, the last day of school I brought it and played FF3 most of the day, I didn't play it In 1st, 3rd, and 4th hour though, because those teachers would have cared. It's not like I hid it either, I played it right out in the open with swarms of people watching over my shoulder naturally...

Last edited:

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
    If I'll be seated for any stretch of time, I might bring the DS along. Honestly, though, I wouldn't take it to school. The kind of **** I'd catch, even from my friends, I just wouldn't want to deal with. A sharp tongue can take care of anything, but Pokemon isn't exactly accepted by my peers, as far as I can tell. It's easier to leave the game at home than fend off douchebags.

Or maybe you can just call me self-conscious.

Years
    When I had school (I have summer vacation now), I used to bring it every day to play on the bus. I always bring my DS or GBA (depending on what I can fit in my pockets that day) EVERYWHERE, except to swim meets/practice, because I don't want it to get wet.

My handheld video games are usually the first things I pack when going on trips. :P

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    I used to take my DS to school all the time. I'd play during free periods in class and during lunch. Now, they banned everything and anything to do with electronics.

If I go on long trips/vacation, I take my DS and charger with me. Other than that, I just play it around the house.

Back