• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Title of Next Harry Potter Book Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • I honestly have no idea how long any of the books to for me to read. I read in a very strange way. I read only one chapter a day. It doesn't matter if it only took like 5 min, I won't move on until the next day.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Well...mudbloods have to have at least a little wizard dna in them. Mudblood, I would think, would be defined as someone who has muggle dna in them, but not a person who is magical but born to pureblood muggles...

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • A Mudblood is someone who has both muggle parents
    A Half-blood is someone who has both muggle and witchard parents.
    A Pureblood is someone who has both magical parents
    A Squib is someone that has both magical parents but has no magic power of their own

=/

aRedMoon

Years
  • There hasn't been any mentioning that a Mudblood would have any magic in their family past though. =/

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    ? O_o; You forgot the HP. He's a half blood. -Lily is a muggleborn, James is pureblood- But I can't think of HP and the HP. =P Another possiblity would be ... Voldemort. He was a halfblood too...

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • I wonder if the half-blood prince is Neville? I can't remember if he is half-blood or not...someone correct me if I'm wrong please...:)

Or maybe....maybe it's Malfoy! Maybe it's a long kept secret that his mother is half blooded or something! Wouldn't that be a crazy twist??

Or....better yet...what if it's Snape?? O_o

aRedMoon

Years
  • Snape I could see...

Malfoy and Neville are both pure bloods.

And the HBP is neither Harry nor Voldie.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • JKaizer said:
    Snape I could see...

Malfoy and Neville are both pure bloods.

And the HBP is neither Harry nor Voldie.

It couldn't be either Harry or Voldermort....someone put up a quote from JKR that said so...

Who could it be?? I'm going to have to read the Chamber of Secrets again to see if I can find any possible ties...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Uhh...IDEA! It never mentioned that the half-blood needed to be wizard blood, it's just blood! I'm thinking it might be Hagrid since he's half giant and half human!

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • Wow...Never thought of that. Right now though, I'm leaning towards Justin Finch-Fletchly. Hufflepuff has alwas been underepresented in the books (and it'd be rather like Rowling to pull something like a pole shift of House representation), he was introduced in CoS, He was (as I recall, I'll have to check) a member of the DA, meaning he's roughly on the good side, which I suppose would be a rather important aspect, and he's a confirmed half-blood (again, as I remember). I don't think it could possibly be Colin, as he's full Muggle born.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • The Adamant Dodger said:
    Wow...Never thought of that. Right now though, I'm leaning towards Justin Finch-Fletchly. Hufflepuff has alwas been underepresented in the books (and it'd be rather like Rowling to pull something like a pole shift of House representation), he was introduced in CoS, He was (as I recall, I'll have to check) a member of the DA, meaning he's roughly on the good side, which I suppose would be a rather important aspect, and he's a confirmed half-blood (again, as I remember). I don't think it could possibly be Colin, as he's full Muggle born.

Ooooh....good point...I'm gonna have to read CoS again and see what I can find...haven't gotten around to it yet...

aRedMoon

Years
  • Most people are assuming it's half wizarding blood for the simple fact that's what the term "Half-blood" is used the most forum.

Justin I could see... and he was attacked by the basilisk (sp?) so he did have a role in CoS... I could see him. But I'm still going for Colin myself. :P

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Come to think of it, Hagrid's father was a wizard, right? So technically he would count as a half-blood since he's half wizard...

aRedMoon

Years
  • Colin is a muggleborn? I could've swore he was half-blood...

And yeah, Hagrid's dad was a wizard... I had forgotten about that. o.o;

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Ow. Pink font hurts. >.<; Anyway, you got a point of Hagrid being the Prince of half-bloods. But it's too easy to spot. And knowing JKR, she'd picked the only character way far to spot.

Maybe it's a new character? O_o;

ravenstorture

Banned
    Years
  • It has to be a new character. Colin and Justin were both attacked by the basilisk in CoS right? Well that means that they were mudbloods because the basilisk was only attacking mudbloods(like Hermione) so they are out of the picture. Maybe it is Hagrid, but I highly doubt it. It would be too obvious. I can't think right now...Grrrr!

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • I'm sure that Justin is half-blood. If you'll remember, in book 2, he says "But since I mader her (his mum) read Lockhart's books, I thinks she's seen how useful it'll be to have a fully trained wizard in the family.[sic]" That implies that his parents had some knoweldge of the wizarding world before he recieved his letter, so at least one of them (probably his dad) is a wizard or Squib, making him half-blood.

Anyway, your point about only Muggle-borns beinmg attacked is moot, as Riddle hated anyonw with Muggle blood in them, so naturally half-bloods would be on his list. I stand by my theory.

Anyway, JKaizer, Colin is Muggle-born, yes. Although we don't know anything about his mother, there is this: When first he talks to Harry, he says. "...No one in my family's magic, so it was a shock when I got my letter. My dad's a milkman...[sic]"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back