• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen To Kanto!

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I was looking up random stuff about Pokemon Black when I came across this on Bulbapedia in the Trivia section for Gen. V "A visit to Kanto for the player, and the appearance of its regional professor Professor Oak." Now, I'm pretty sure you can't go to Kanto in Black, like almost positive, but would you have liked it if you could, and how do you think it would differ from Kanto in FireRed/LeafGreen/HG/SS?

I think it'd be pretty nifty to take a trip back there, people say it's boring, but the nostalgia makes it worth it for me. I'm not sure what would be different because I don't really know when Gen. 5 takes places, but I think it'd be cool. Thoughts?

The link is in the spoiler if anyone is interested.

Edit: Okay, so I read it wrong, speed skimming probably isn't the smartest thing to do xD I guess I'll take this in another direction. Since there are planes and what-such in Black, if you could take one to another (main series)region, which would it be and why?

Last edited:
    Years
    You should read a little more

Generation V is also the only generation without:

• A new HM move introduction.
    • A branched evolution chain introduction.
    • A Game Corner.
    • An occurrence of another generation at the same time, as Generation I and Generation III, and Generation II and Generation IV, occur simultaneously.
    • A visit to Kanto for the player, and the appearance of its regional professor.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    To me, that trivia tidbit means that some of Unova's characteristics are based on Kanto's (an example being that it has its own regional rock and bat in the form of Roggenrolla and Woobat).

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Kanto's nice, but I'm honestly sick of it. I hope it doesn't make any appearance in the fifth generation. I would much rather like seeing Hoenn with the updated graphics and whatnot.

Skapocalypse

Im back! :3
    Years
    Hoenn. I love that region, and the new graphics would look excellent. Plus since Dive was a big thing in Hoenn, it makes sense that this would be the region to go to.

This! Or maybe it's just because I wanna see Steven again....

Maybe Brendan ( or whatever the cannon name for the player character from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald)could make an appearance.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I would love for Kanto to appear in the game <3 :D But I think I'd rather Hoenn come into it, it's the only region which hasn't been mentioned for like ever :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I'm very disappointed that there isn't a second region nor more than 8 gyms in the game. I'm waiting for a game with all regions/gyms in it. Now that'd be an adventure.

I'd like that a lot. Maybe have it like the anime where you can choose one pokemon to start the next adventure with. I remember Ash going to Hoenn and leaving everyone behind except Pikachu.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I wish there was a game that had all regions, or at least Hoenn, Isshu, and Johto, in it. I always like to see how regions are connected.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I'd head to Hoenn, Generation 3 Kanto (rendered in 3D), and/or the Sevii Islands (which unfortunately haven't been rendered in 3D). It would be nice if either Gray Version or Generation 6 games permitted a visit to another region alongside Unova, in order to emulate GSC (since Unova is somewhat an Expy of Kanto...)

Years
    JOHTO. Easily my favourite region EVER. But, seeing as we've just seen Heartgold/ Soulsilver, I'm going with Hoenn. I just like it. :)
    And it will be good to see all that water in better graphics.
    xD

-Totodile42

Back